• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Plastic surgery

Ingrid in grids

I don't have a moral problem with plastic surgery. I do think some procedures are in poor taste, but if the patient is happy with the results, then that is absolutely their prerogative.

I also don't think that there is anything inherently virtuous in keeping the body "pure" or "as you were made." We inherit a little our mother, a little from our father, and then our appearance is also weathered by our experiences and the choices we make along the way. The idea that there is freedom to design a little for yourself has some appeal for me.

I can't say that I would never get cosmetic surgery. There are some details I'd like to change about myself, but when I weigh the invasiveness of the surgery against how unhappy I am with those details, it doesn't seem justified to me.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This is why i hate you lexicon. Funkill!

The other reason i hate you is because you lovingly adopted a cat, named it cricket (my favourite sport) and neuted him. You symbolically nueted every cricket fan that day.

However my point still stands. If you had cosmetic surgery you should tell it to your future spouse.

:D

High cheekbone, chin surgery and penis enhancement surgery are surgeries i am considering.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I do believe self-acceptance is something to strive for.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The only time I would go for plastic surgery is if I am disfigured badly in a car accident. Otherwise, why bother?

Because I didn't want to haul two gigantic things around on my chest for the rest of my life. Or does that qualify as being disfigured?

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
They are both very good looking. It doesn't have to be cosmetic surgery.

Okay, but my suspicion was, if the woman had plastic surgery and the man thought their kids were so horrible-looking, then shouldn't the suspicion extend to him also? If he is naturally good-looking and free of surgical alterations himself, then where are his genes in all this. I get that this story is fake, but these situations are not unheard of, and even in my own family I've seen variations of it play out; some relative on one side of the family will make remarks like, 'Alastair got that from our side of the family,' or 'Shame that Hermione inherited her father's chin'.

All I'm really saying is that it takes two to tango.

93JC

I've never contemplated having plastic surgery. There isn't a procedure out there that I would consider undergoing.

As it relates to others, if the surgery is for health reasons (e.g. breast reduction, reconstructive surgeries) I support anyone who wishes to have it. Purely cosmetic surgeries on otherwise healthy individuals (e.g. breast enlargement) are weird to me, and if someone close to me was contemplating it I would try to talk them out of it.

Ultimately it's up to the individual who wants the surgery though; I wouldn't stop someone, I'd just think it's too bad they felt so uncomfortable in their own body.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never contemplated having plastic surgery. There isn't a procedure out there that I would consider undergoing.

As it relates to others, if the surgery is for health reasons (e.g. breast reduction, reconstructive surgeries) I support anyone who wishes to have it. Purely cosmetic surgeries on otherwise healthy individuals (e.g. breast enlargement) are weird to me, and if someone close to me was contemplating it I would try to talk them out of it.

Ultimately it's up to the individual who wants the surgery though; I wouldn't stop someone, I'd just think it's too bad they felt so uncomfortable in their own body.

Breast enlargement to a certain degree i approve. Some women are cursed with flat chest and they do affect their self confidence.

I used to have this huge crush on a girl who had a flat chest. I can remember others not finding her attractive because of this. It should be noted that certain age demographics find some features more attractive. These people were middle aged. However having a flat chest is rarely found attractive in any culture or age demography.

Ingrid in grids

However having a flat chest is rarely found attractive in any culture or age demography.

Something to note: In the 1920s, flat chests were considered more desirable than bigger busts. Women with larger busts used to even bandage their breasts to appear more flat-chested.

What is considered to be the ideal body shape is fluctuating all the time. Just ten or so years ago in the noughties, women wanted washboard abs and asked, "does my butt look big in this?" A decade later, women are wanting to enlarge their booties through exercise, fat transfer, or implants.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Something to note: In the 1920s, flat chests were considered more desirable than bigger busts. Women with larger busts used to even bandage their breasts to appear more flat-chested.

What is considered to be the ideal body shape is fluctuating all the time. Just ten or so years ago in the noughties, women wanted washboard abs and asked, "does my butt look big in this?" A decade later, women are wanting to enlarge their booties through exercise, fat transfer, or implants.

I am not saying large breasts; I was talking about moderate breasts.

Breasts are like an insurance, it might not attract every guys but it will make them look at you twice. The metaphor I used might have sounded a bit crude.

Anyway, the types of bodies of girls I am attracted (feels like falling in love) to are girls who are taller than 5' 6' and slim. Most of these girls don't have large breasts. They are either medium or small.

And then I see a woman with a hour glass shaped body with large breasts and a big bum and it turns my head even more. I think that's the default body shape all men are attracted to. And the breasts of the girls with that type of body seem large though not always it.

1820 1920 2020 or whatever the year is, men would turn their heads to a girl with that body shape.

Styles change every era and certain body types are more suited for these styles; therefore I could imagine why the hour glass shape might have not been the most desirable. But believe me, it's a time tested body type for giving any man an erection.

- - - Updated - - -

^

Luckily the latter part of the 20 century and now has given rise to appreciation of different looks and styles than a default style. So irrespective of your body type you'd able to find your style that you are comfortable with.

Except probably in South Korea where everyone tries to look alike.

93JC

Breast enlargement to a certain degree i approve. Some women are cursed with flat chest and they do affect their self confidence.

And their self-confidence wouldn't be affected, or considerably less affected, if people would stop parroting the idea that...

... having a flat chest is rarely found attractive in any culture or age demography.

:dry:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And their self-confidence wouldn't be affected, or considerably less affected, if people would stop parroting the idea that...

Fine we will start today. Soon it will spread around the world.

However, parroting the below is better I think.

Luckily the latter part of the 20 century and now has given rise to appreciation of different looks and styles than a default style. So irrespective of your body type you'd able to find your style that you are comfortable with.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I'm okay with cosmetic plastic surgery, because if people use it as a source of confidence building, why would we want to bring them down? The world is full of beauty, whether natural or enhanced, but that doesn't make it less valid.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm okay with cosmetic plastic surgery, because if people use it as a source of confidence building, why would we want to bring them down? The world is full of beauty, whether natural or enhanced, but that doesn't make it less valid.

I agree.

However, if you have done surgery I think you should be decent enough to communicate that with your future spouse. Looks aren't always about sensuality. A woman with large breasts buttocks, or a man with a face lift, high cheekbones are not not only acts as a sexual attractive tool but these correlate to certain genetically desirable traits. High testosterone in men and better child bearing abilities in women. basically women with certain looks men are attracted to (hourglass figure) and men with deeper voices, high cheekbones etc although just seem beautiful from the outside has extremely useful biological traits too. So it's your responsibility to communicate that you've had surgery. It's not because you are lying about your looks (once you look good with surgery you look good, as simple as that), it's because you are robbing the other individual of the kids she/he plans on having.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I agree.

However, if you have done surgery I think you should be decent enough to communicate that with your future spouse. Looks aren't always about sensuality. A woman with large breasts buttocks, or a man with a face lift, high cheekbones are not not only acts as a sexual attractive tool but these correlate to certain genetically desirable traits. High testosterone in men and better child bearing abilities in women. basically women with certain looks men are attracted to (hourglass figure) and men with deeper voices, high cheekbones etc although just seem beautiful from the outside has extremely useful biological traits too. So it's your responsibility to communicate that you've had surgery. It's not because you are lying about your looks (once you look good with surgery you look good, as simple as that), it's because you are robbing the other individual of the kids she/he plans on having.
I agree with you there, not necessarily for the kids portion (because plastic surgery or not, you really can't control the kids you produce), but for the purpose of putting it all on the table so you both know what you're in for.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ oh yeah regarding the kids.