• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Planning and personal responsibility

Lark

How much planning do you expect for emergencies, life events, crisis or the day to day from others? From government? From businesses? Community groups?

Are you a planner in your private life and do your expectations of others connected/a reflection of this?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Government and business emergency plan for themselves, not for people. I think that's pretty evident in their actions. Community groups are far more likely to understand community building and what that entails - especially emergency planning.

Am I a planner in private life? Is water wet?

Do my expectations of others reflect this? Somewhat.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How much planning do you expect for emergencies, life events, crisis or the day to day from others? From government? From businesses? Community groups?

Are you a planner in your private life and do your expectations of others connected/a reflection of this?

Everyone should plan for disaster, and mild emergencies. I also have never trusted the government to successfully plan for everybody, and thus plan accordingly. For example, I always keep a first aid kit in my car and in my house. I also keep a surplus of specific times of food. You'd be surprised how few people actually do this. I also have flashlight and jumper cables for my everyday commute in case my car dies. I also keep a small toolbox for the same reason. I plan for if the roads will be icy, or I need to defrost my car. Things like this go a long way. I tend to mind my own business with planning though. I feel that if everyone is individually prepared at all times, things will remain pretty stable even in an emergency situation. I do not trust the government or law enforcement to come save me when I am in trouble. Which is why I also support owning guns. In fact, I fully suspect the government to fuck me over anytime they get the chance, rather than help. So I plan on avoiding contact with the government as much as I can.

J. Starke

MBTI Type
entj
I don't expect much from people or the government and I do plan and prepare for the worst in my life.