• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personality Database BLOCKED!

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a child in care/ looked after child/ foster child. 15 years old. How is this even possible? I can only ever access the internet at school, nowhere else. Almost every social networking site is completely blocked. I once used Quora, until that was blocked. I once used Tumblr, until that got blocked. I once used Personality Cafe, until that got blocked too. So I began to use Personality Database to an excessive extent. To the point of being extremely familiar with many different profiles and mindlessly browsing it and getting very bored late into the afternoon before hometime, because there was little else to do. I love that website because it's all about my nerdy hyperfixation, personality types. And now it's blocked, forever!? How dare them SJ censor idiots! They think that students shouldn't be allowed to access websites or "iNtErNeT sItEs" or "cHaT rOoMs" or some other crappy outdated term, where you can communicate with others because it's "dAnGeRoUs" or "NoT aGe ApPrOpRiAtE".

I have no friends whatsoever, and whenever I go to family members' homes they just don't let me have the internet because they know my care order states I'm not allowed it. I can't go to the library, I'd get supervised wherever I go and even if I did manage to get a computer there I wouldn't be able to sign into my Google account because it asks for a phone number and I don't have a phone.

Help! What do I do?

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could actualy emphasize with your issue, untill you automaticaly shifted the blame towards SJ's, as if only SJ's can come up with this and It's all their fault.
Gotta love how all of those issues are automaticaly chalked up to being SJ's fault. :rolleyes:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@nihilistjellyfish-420

Some sites block people under 18 automatically. (I can't remember if Pers Cafe still does.) I did not think Quora did, though, and I didn't think Tumblr did.

However, if you are only accessing through school... yeah, it's likely your school blocked it. It's like with my work access -- depending on what you access, how much traffic your school/work gets, and who is in charge, they will put sites on the "block" list so that no one can access them on their network. Network administrators can see traffic and block sites if they decide they should be blocked.

Not all of this is just to block you -- if a site is questionable in terms of whether it's properly screened for viruses/malicious code,, then it could be considered a security risk and they will just block it for not being a secure site. My workplace (a gov agency) even blocks stuff like gmail.com, because it's a potential security risk in terms of what can be mailed in and out. This doesn't explain Quora, but it could explain Pers Cafe and similar sites. Tumblr probably got blocked because of the range of content available.