• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Now Serving Number: 42

Okay I wanted to start this about a week ago but real life is a demanding thing at times. Now that it’s exploded into a fad, I’m late to the party. I shamelessly copied this directly from [MENTION=36787]Amberiat[/MENTION]’s thread. Here goes-

SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

This was the single most interesting scenario to me because it deals with life and death and relationships. Most importantly a romantic one.

There would be all the myriad emotions at first to sort through with the initial rejection without declaration. However, once I discovered the reason for the break up I would completely understand. This isn’t a personal problem. I’m not the cause of the separation.

My girlfriend/fiancé has just had her life shattered. Everything she’s worked for struggled through and built, including our relationship, has now been cut short. How could I not expect her to retreat to process something so devastating? I say this because it is most likely how I would respond. I’d have to isolate myself to try to come to grips with the end of my existence and all I hold dear. You can’t expect someone to just immediately rationalize this. Grief is a process and grieving over one’s own demise is no different.

I would send her a message stating that I would be there if she still wants me to be. I’m not walking away from her and my love for her. It would honestly probably kill me on some level to watch someone I love die and watch our hopes and dreams die with them but what’s the alternative? Walk away? She’d have to push me away and this initial separation may not be a wish to sever everything but to simply halt everything to deal with some of the most devastating news anyone could receive.

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

Once I knew the reason for the scenario I would focus on what she needed/wanted. I’d also be grappling with how I feel about losing her. It would be an ongoing process even after she died.

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

I’d assist them if I have the time. I’m not doing the work for them and I’m not supplying them an easy out. The struggle would be in the fact that I’m not a good teacher. I’m impatient and subject to omitting steps in a process because I’m proficient at it and my brain will just pass over certain details on a conscious level. So I might excel at a subject but be absolute rubbish at explaining it to others. Perhaps it would be a learning experience for both of us.

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

If I can help them why wouldn’t I? We obviously get along well enough. If he was an ass I’d probably let him fail.

Also it’s not like I’m helping him cheat. He will still have to work hard and will actually learn the material.

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.

The flow of it? We’re roommates/classmates and I’m in a position to help him which serves the dual purpose of helping someone and making my home situation tenable. Sure I could refuse, but why live with someone that’s bitter and resentful towards me because I was too selfish to assist them?

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

2 Although it’s impact upon company efficiency may never be apparent, it’s impact on me will be. 1 sounds like a a nightmare, combining procedural boredom with working with other people. I’m not there to connect, I’m there to work.

2 is perfect because I can focus on a specific issue and attack it from multiple angles unhindered by outside influences.

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

I think I pretty much explained that above.

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

First off, I’m thankful that if I’m forced to work with others they’re not dicking around.

I’d listen to their ideas and weigh them on pros and cons while also attempting to expound upon them. Flesh them out further. I would try and be diplomatic and not outwardly reject an idea with blatant contempt, even if it’s terrible. If we’re to succeed the project can’t be clouded with ideas being accepted/rejected because of personal feelings. I will definitely have those. However, I’m not being graded on my personal assessment of teammates, but on the work itself.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.

The final goal is what influences my behavior. I’m not working with these individuals on a daily basis for years, just for this project. Therefore I’m not going to be outwardly concerned with their social habits, just the final product. They’ll be assessed by my personal standards of course, but in this situation I will keep those judgments private. After the project is a different story.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

It’s time to withdraw from humanity and go somewhere that’s calming and quiet. A woodland location or if I lived close enough, the mountains. Whatever natural setting I can find to decompress and detach from the burdensome complexities of humans and modern life in general. My cellphone will be used for music perhaps but everything short of emergency messages is going straight to voicemail or whatever message system someone wishes to use. A girlfriend and some close friends perhaps are welcome depending on exactly how stressed out I am at that time.

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?

Thinking. Thinking about all of things people rarely ponder. Imagining scenarios just to imagine them. I find getting lost in whatever surroundings I’ve chosen soothes the senses and drifting off into my thoughts soothes the rest of my mind.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

1. Artist. Creation appeals to me. Structuring a concept into a story or an image that can be shared with others yet silently contemplated by the individual or discussed with others equally.

2. Musician. Pretty much the same idea as 1. After all, music is also art and it can also convey concepts to be enjoyed by individuals or groups.

3. Psychologist. It would be an interesting field to pursue. I could explore the inner workings of the mind while helping people. Provided of course that some money-making entity (insurance companies for instance) didn’t degrade the entire process and twist the profession for financial gain.

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

Scientist was a close runner up. Probably something related to Astronomy as that subject is infinitely fascinating to me. Otherwise, no my choices came easily.

I’d avoid anything like lawyer or clergy simply because I feel that manipulation can be a factor in both of those professions. Businessman or politician would have also found themselves at the bottom of my list.

I didn’t do number 7 as I have no desire to sign up at the site required to complete the question. I’m sure the 6 that I did answer are sufficient enough.

I didn’t polish these answers like I normally do with my posts because I figured their rawness would help to show my tendencies.

Okay so that’s that. Thanks and have a good one.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A very empathetic but well-rounded/balanced INFP. Regarding enneagram the vibe for me is synflow instinct lineup --either sx/sp, sp/so, or so/sx. You seem to have a more ... hopeful (?) and positive-energy-giving tendency than the more distrustful and pullback tendencies of contraflow. (?) ofc take this all with a huge grain of salt. I'm not really a typer. This is just how you strike me.

A very empathetic but well-rounded/balanced INFP. Regarding enneagram the vibe for me is synflow instinct lineup --either sx/sp, sp/so, or so/sx. You seem to have a more ... hopeful (?) and positive-energy-giving tendency than the more distrustful and pullback tendencies of contraflow. (?) ofc take this all with a huge grain of salt. I'm not really a typer. This is just how you strike me.

Thank you. Any and all input is welcome. :)

*Yes everyone, including the ugly. Especially the ugly.