• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

No Man's Sky - 18 Quintillion Planets

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't own No Man's Sky and haven't played it, so I'm asking if anybody here has played it.

I've seen some videos of the game, seen rumors that the game crashes after 255 planets have been discovered. That sounds like an outrageous internet lie. But if it's true?

mystik_INFJ

Permabanned
‘No Man’s Sky’ PC User Base Drops 90 Percent In Two Weeks Since Launch, Do Missing Features Have Something To Do With It?
No Man’s Sky Players Get Refunds From Major Retailers
No Man's Sky on Steam (observe the unusual refund message on the game page)

Honestly, watch some reviews, I think the game flopped. Which is a shame, I really loved Spore (for the look of the space stage, terraforming, exploration) and would have loved a space exploration game. I really wanted this game to work. However, it seems that the game did not deliver, which means I have to go play.

What else is there to say? I hope another game comes along. Sadly, space exploration-ish games are very rare, they come around every 10 years, maybe?

lexay

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I can attest to the flop. I preordered (first time preordering, I usually avoid it haha). I had been following the development for years, so I was in too deep with the hype.

Got it, played it for a couple days, haven't touched it since. It's sorta fun while you're playing, but there is no incentive to grab the game off the shelf. There's no pull. It's so big that there really is not a lot of content to fill in the spaces, like a gapping void.

Luckily my preorder was discounted :)