• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My type...

fl20

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hi everyone,
this is the first time ever I'm writing a post in a forum. I've been reading a lot about mbti and I actually feel kind of addicted to it now. I was wondering if anyone could help me find my type.

I took about every free test there is and I got different results (INFP, ENFJ, INFJ, INTP). So I'm fairly certain that i'm an N but other than that I'm not sure.

Here's a small description of myself

I love walking around the city, listening to music and spending lots of time in parks. I like to spend time talking with friends but I despise small talk, I would love to be able to just skip it when you meet someone new; just dive right in and ask questions about the important stuff. I feel like when I meet new people I instantly know if I'm going to love them or not so maybe that's why I don't really want to make small talk.

I really want people to appreciate me and I want to be perceived as valuable by my friends, my family and my co-workers. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but I'm much harder on myself than on others. I like helping people, especially listening to them or just being there for them.

I kind of feel silly asking people to analyse me, but I would really like to find out what my type is so I am asking anyway.

Thank you in advance

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do you act when stressed? What de-stresses you? This is pretty vague.

fl20

MBTI Type
INFJ
I usually seem ok on the outside, it won't affect my work, but I become compulsive (eating, exercising, etc.)

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I usually seem ok on the outside, it won't affect my work, but I become compulsive (eating, exercising, etc.)

Could you elaborate on that?

fl20

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, nobody seems to noticed how stress I guess, I guess I hide it a lot. I think I can become a bit harmful for myself thought, I stop taking care of myself , for example I can over eat but than feel bad so I over exercise. I also want to be alone a lot because it seems like additional stress to have to be social.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, nobody seems to noticed how stress I guess, I guess I hide it a lot. I think I can become a bit harmful for myself thought, I stop taking care of myself , for example I can over eat but than feel bad so I over exercise. I also want to be alone a lot because it seems like additional stress to have to be social.

Stress to be social eh? So you withdraw into yourself? What cognitive functions do you relate to?

fl20

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think that the function I relate to the most is Fe "considering other peoples feelings to a great level" . But I also feel close to Fi "decide whether something is worth standing up for based on its truth and significance".

I guess that if I had to put them in order it would go something like that:

Fe > Fi > Ni > Ti > Te > Ne > Se > Si

Not sure of the order thought

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do you criticize people?

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sounds like an NFJ to me. Probably INFJ given your tendency to withdraw (Ni-Ti loop) and your tendency to indulge compulsively in food and exercise when stressed (inferior Se grip). I'm not really seeing inferior Ti grip and Fe-Se loop.

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, I agree, you give me an INFJ vibe

fl20

MBTI Type
INFJ
How do you criticize people?

I try to make sure that I don't hurt their feelings. I don't think that I criticize people that much thought, it's mostly about values (I'm very liberal, and I can become quite stubborn and critical with people who don't share the same view of how the world should be)

Estelia

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
xwx
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I try to make sure that I don't hurt their feelings. I don't think that I criticize people that much thought, it's mostly about values (I'm very liberal, and I can become quite stubborn and critical with people who don't share the same view of how the world should be)

Sounds like INFJ

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Yeah, this sounds like INFJ

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Hi everyone,
this is the first time ever I'm writing a post in a forum. I've been reading a lot about mbti and I actually feel kind of addicted to it now. I was wondering if anyone could help me find my type.

I took about every free test there is and I got different results (INFP, ENFJ, INFJ, INTP). So I'm fairly certain that i'm an N but other than that I'm not sure.

Here's a small description of myself

I love walking around the city, listening to music and spending lots of time in parks. I like to spend time talking with friends but I despise small talk, I would love to be able to just skip it when you meet someone new; just dive right in and ask questions about the important stuff. I feel like when I meet new people I instantly know if I'm going to love them or not so maybe that's why I don't really want to make small talk.

I really want people to appreciate me and I want to be perceived as valuable by my friends, my family and my co-workers. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but I'm much harder on myself than on others. I like helping people, especially listening to them or just being there for them.

I kind of feel silly asking people to analyse me, but I would really like to find out what my type is so I am asking anyway.

Thank you in advance

I read this and some of your other responses. The way you relate to Fe, and how you say you want to be perceived as valuable, loving to help people, makes me lean towards FJ. However, I don't think you're an ExFJ. You sound quite introverted to me. Instantly knowing whether you're going to love someone could be Fe or Ni, or the combination. Maybe. So NFJ.

When you become judgmental of others not agreeing with your worldview--that sounds more Fe than Fi.

IxFJ. It's hard for me to get a grip on Si vs Ni, but I'd lean towards Ni.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem like an INFJ.

fl20

MBTI Type
INFJ
I read this and some of your other responses. The way you relate to Fe, and how you say you want to be perceived as valuable, loving to help people, makes me lean towards FJ. However, I don't think you're an ExFJ. You sound quite introverted to me. Instantly knowing whether you're going to love someone could be Fe or Ni, or the combination. Maybe. So NFJ.

When you become judgmental of others not agreeing with your worldview--that sounds more Fe than Fi.

IxFJ. It's hard for me to get a grip on Si vs Ni, but I'd lean towards Ni.

Thanks, I think you're right. I don't feel like I relate to Si at all.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem like an INFJ.

Thank you !