• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Montage of Heck

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just watched it last night.

Im not a huge Nirvana fan, so this is only the second doc Ive ever seen, with the first being some conspiracy theory one which I only watched in the background.

Anyway, what did you think of it?
I want to NOT hate Courtney Love (although I certainly have no problem pegging her a train wreck), but she really comes off as such a liar. It's hard to believe anything she says.

The way his family admitted they pretty much rejected him as young as 12-13 was sad....

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, no one replied to you? That's so mean.
Im a big Nirvana fan. I watched it 2 weeks ago and didnt like it. You're right about Courney, although i could almost emphatize with her, ultimately i could still feel she's fake. The person i always seem to like thought is his first girlfriend.
I have no fixed opinion about whether kurt was killed or killed himself. I did feel like the documentary was really, from the beggining, trying to force on us the idea that he commited suicide, as he had phychological problems from tbe start. Probably the problem with the documentary is that the family was too involved.
I was also disappointed that there was few new stuff about him. But i did enjoy knowing more about when he was a happy child, and the episode with the fat girl. And my favourite part was the guy falling asleep completely stoned while trying to hold his baby. Id never seen kurt like that and it really made me see him in a different, less romanticised way.
But im not convinced still about the suicide theory. Courtney seems to change her story all the time. For instance they portray the rome incident as a suicide, and ive read multiple stuff in the past about how this was likely just an incident, that was manipulated by courtney. You should check it out.
So im curious about seeing the new documentary by the detective Tom Grant. Hopefully it will be more to the point and less protective of Kurt as this documentary. I really feel that the presence of Frances as an executive producer ruined the film. Oh well.