• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI test I made (with cognitive functions)

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As promised, take two on the test to check for consistency (and to experiment with borderline answers), got ENFP II this time.

ENFP II
INFP
ENFP
INTP
ISTP
INFJ II
ENTP
INTJ
ESFP
ESTP
INFJ
ENTJ
ISFP
ENFJ
ISFJ
ISTJ
ESTJ
ESFJ

I guess that confirms borderline E/I and T/F for me, so your test is indeed working as intended.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
As promised, take two on the test to check for consistency (and to experiment with borderline answers), got ENFP II this time.

ENFP II
INFP
ENFP
INTP
ISTP
INFJ II
ENTP
INTJ
ESFP
ESTP
INFJ
ENTJ
ISFP
ENFJ
ISFJ
ISTJ
ESTJ
ESFJ

I guess that confirms borderline E/I and T/F for me, so your test is indeed working as intended.

Already?
Im impressed how you and [MENTION=40271]mancino[/MENTION] switch so fast. I dont think there is a test that resists you two :D. As long as you get N its fine for the test.
Lots of changes for a difference of 6 hours.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I am waiting to see if Legion answer my private message with his answers, and then Ill do the first (its the second, actually) update to the test trying to solve the issues around INFJ type.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
ЕNTP

Your answers
INTP
ENTP
ENTJ
ENFJ
INTJ
INFJ II
ESTP

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Already?
Im impressed how you and [MENTION=40271]mancino[/MENTION] switch so fast. I dont think there is a test that resists you two :D. As long as you get N its fine for the test.
Lots of changes for a difference of 6 hours.

Actually, it is completely in line with the theory. Fi is a function that constantly redefines it's self-image. Especially if combined with high Ne. And especially if you are practicing self-improvement and exploration. What irritates me is that I got a somewhat high score for ISTP (5th). It doesn't share any function with xNFP and only 2 with xNTP.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJ
INTP
ENTP
INFJ II
ISTJ
ENTJ
ENFP II
INFP
ESTJ
INFJ
ISTP
ENFP
ESTP
ENFJ
ISFJ
ISFP
ESFP
ESFJ

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I had completed the test update to try to adress the issues. The test had grow in 15 questions (lots of these are quick ones), and I have replaced 3-5 questions.
I dont have much ways to tune the test, so I think this is more or less the final version.

So, I invite those to try again, to hopefully get right this time:
[MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION], [MENTION=33903]Chaotic Symphony[/MENTION] (good chances that it still wont work although =( ), [MENTION=34350]Norexan[/MENTION], [MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION] (already saw most modifications although).

Actually, it is completely in line with the theory. Fi is a function that constantly redefines it's self-image. Especially if combined with high Ne. And especially if you are practicing self-improvement and exploration. What irritates me is that I got a somewhat high score for ISTP (5th). It doesn't share any function with xNFP and only 2 with xNTP.

Whats the matter with the ISTP score?
In this update I put so much effort in J/P dimension that you probably wont get all Ns ahead of all Ss.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Whats the matter with the ISTP score?

If the NFP scores are at the top, and the STJ scores are near the bottom, and then there's types with the opposite function also near the top... it seems strange, given that this test was based on cognitive functions. I get that an Ne test item would add more points to ENFP than ISTJ, but still I would expect some kind of correlation.

I guess though that noname scored highly in Ne, Fi, Ti and Ni?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
If the NFP scores are at the top, and the STJ scores are near the bottom, and then there's types with the opposite function also near the top... it seems strange, given that this test was based on cognitive functions. I get that an Ne test item would add more points to ENFP than ISTJ, but still I would expect some kind of correlation.

I guess though that noname scored highly in Ne, Fi, Ti and Ni?

Actually, its because Im not purely using cognitive functions anymore. Im mostly using them. Perhaps I need to put a disclamer on that and count how many questions are not directly related to cognitive functions.
Just pointing what I can remember:
- I originally used the enneagram only to E/I questions but then I expanded the enneagram and I had used an enneagram table to determinate the points. For example, I had put enneagram 5 stuff, and these stuff points a lot for INTJ/INTP.
- There are the pair questions of words where you have 8 options. These questions were taken from truity descriptions at first, as truity has these words from the manual. However, looking at [MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] results, I had decided to do some little changes and add or remove some words so they are closer to the type, but that question points directly to the types.
- I have imported and adapted some of the questions I considered most convenient and reliable from Sakinorva cognitive function test. This website has stats of the average marking on the questions on agree/disagree from one to five and I did the poiting system to mirror that statistics directly from type to type. I did that to make the test better and because I knew that some of my "crazy" questions were in risk to derail the whole test. Actually, a whole version using this "method" can give good results.
- Also note that Im NOT using Grant Cognitive Function stack, although I am using pairs and pairs play an important role to the result. The system I use is more smooth, so there is not that big switch to INFJ for INFP for example where INFP and INFJ dont share any functions.
- The quiz website forced me to have points for every type on every question, so I added as low weight as possible but on these cases I used dichotomy. But dichotomy on these questions weigheted 12.5-25% on these questions and is less than half of the questions had that problem.
- Its important to note that I didnt have added any dichotomy (except E/I) questions, except in this update where I, due to the high concentration of mistypings in J/P dimension, added 1 question (and it has 4-6 different options) as a last resort and desperation. But I extracted that question from indirect stats, it used Big 5 stuff, not regular wording in J/P.

I said way much that it was needed, but just for the sake of the curiosity.

Perhaps I should consider renaming the test and doing one purely with cognitive functions. Or doing a more regular one with only cognitive functions and no indirect questions from other systems.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
- Also note that Im NOT using Grant Cognitive Function stack, although I am using pairs and pairs play an important role to the result. The system I use is more smooth, so there is not that big switch to INFJ for INFP for example where INFP and INFJ dont share any functions.

Ok yeah, I should have caught on to that, given that you've expressed multiple times that you don't use that function order for modelling type.

I can't say that I quite understand how this quiz of yours works.

I do wonder though why I got a clear xNxP result. That suggests to me that there may be something faulty about how the test measures Ne.

So it's... answers to questions which either are directly from type descriptions (but modified), as well as questions which correlate based on statistical data?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Ok yeah, I should have caught on to that, given that you've expressed multiple times that you don't use that function order for modelling type.

I can't say that I quite understand how this quiz of yours works.

I do wonder though why I got a clear xNxP result. That suggests to me that there may be something faulty about how the test measures Ne.

So it's... answers to questions which either are directly from type descriptions (but modified), as well as questions which correlate based on statistical data?

One reason I like to connect other systems to MBTI is that I can get an unique test with questions where even people experienced on MBTI cant understand how it works. Experienced people will lose that "bias" of their type on their head and perhaps my final results would challange their own type; But for other instance I end up not having MBTI profile and test results matched =(.

I dont religously used data and the data I used isnt on scientific standards. And I did some triage on wording. For example, if I were to used it religiously I would end up associating Te with suicidal thoughts, which is a small absurd that I managed to "find". I tried, although in a subjective way, to not use words that against the theory, but I havent spared cases where I could take something that seems to be highly disconnected (but I end up discovering it isnt) and use it. On this word triage, it is a real possibility that I could make NP answers more attractive because Im a NP. However, @Radical Doubt got NJ over NP.

So... Answer to questions are from type descriptions, enneagram/MBTI table, statistical data from sakinorva and, mostly (more than half of the questions), from cognitive functions where the statistical data I measured was directly based on cognitive functions. But this update I also gathered a few descriptions of.
I also spread Function A vs Function B questions (it was just 1 each but I expanded later). Just for example, in relating to Ni, there are NeVSNi questions, Ni VS Si questions and Ni/Se axis questions (I wanted to avoid but using these axis while creating the test is kind of difficult to escape). Ni vs Si and stuff like that seems to do fine, what I think it is not working are my Ne VS Ni, Te VS Ti and Fe VS Fi questions, although I cant truly have know that with the tools the quiz made me answer. And yep, using Ni vs Si questions was quite out of the box (and people can mistake these as axis questions).

There is not much problem revealing the system I use although I prefered to not describe it on first post and to delay explaining what "Sum Typing" is, to avoid people mistrusting my test because they religiously believe on "The Stack". I still prefer to delay it to a few days although.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont remember, but ill retake it.

[MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] okay, so I accidentally changed one answer (which set of characteristics was easier) and it gave me INTP instead. But it didnt matter lol.

xSlEEpD.jpg

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
[MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] okay, so I accidentally changed one answer (which set of characteristics was easier) and it gave me INTP instead. But it didnt matter lol.

xSlEEpD.jpg

I spotted that I have accidentally gave more points to INFJ II and ENFP II to all types, Im going to fix it soon.

ENFP II has borderlines on E/I and T/F, INFJ II has borderlines on F/T and T/P. I was scheduling creating a ENTP II in the future.

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I saw the updated version and just had to try again. Sorry for skewing your data with junk results.

Some notes (in no particular oder):
Q3: Option "I like to investigate stuff no one is interested in" is very likely to be misunderstood. Rather modify it to something like "I like to investigate stuff few people are interested in"

Q2: Supposed to be an Se question, but I think there are influences outside of functions as well. I personally have strong N preference and have an really good sense of orientation, so it may give people inflated Se scores.

Q35: I'm split between 3rd (chains) and 4th (symbols) option. I guess it's related to Ne vs Ni , not necessarily a flaw in the test, took 4this time, used to take 3 before.

Q37: Just shorten the first option to "I welcome new exeriences all the time".

Q38: 7 options and my sentiment about it isn't one of them. In my case, my relationship to normal is "I want to be normal, but feel like I'm not". Your options seem to either focus on adapting to normal or to stand out willingly, for different reasons. Not sure whether it is related to typology. Took option "disagree" for the result.

Q39: First two options too similar. I guess it tests for EP vs IP. Think about distinguishing them further.

And I guess you know that some level of variance is always in there when I personally take tests :laugh:

For the results part:

INFJ II
INTP
INTJ
ISTP
ENFP II
INFJ
INFP
ENTP
ENFP
ENFJ
ENTJ
ESTP
ESFP
ISFP
ISFJ
ISTJ
ESFJ
ESTJ

so yeah, changed again :( so I guess if I want to know my type, I should visit Nardi's neurolab...

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
a bug: On the INFJ II result page, the one of the type description links (truity) instead opens an INFP description.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
[MENTION=37565]Maou[/MENTION] and [MENTION=39780]noname3788[/MENTION] I fixed it, ENFP II had about 6 points in excess and INFJ II had about 4. It wasnt much, but enough to switch [MENTION=39780]noname3788[/MENTION] result to INTP.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I saw the updated version and just had to try again. Sorry for skewing your data with junk results.

Some notes (in no particular oder):
Q3: Option "I like to investigate stuff no one is interested in" is very likely to be misunderstood. Rather modify it to something like "I like to investigate stuff few people are interested in"

Q2: Supposed to be an Se question, but I think there are influences outside of functions as well. I personally have strong N preference and have an really good sense of orientation, so it may give people inflated Se scores.

Q35: I'm split between 3rd (chains) and 4th (symbols) option. I guess it's related to Ne vs Ni , not necessarily a flaw in the test, took 4this time, used to take 3 before.

Q37: Just shorten the first option to "I welcome new exeriences all the time".

Q38: 7 options and my sentiment about it isn't one of them. In my case, my relationship to normal is "I want to be normal, but feel like I'm not". Your options seem to either focus on adapting to normal or to stand out willingly, for different reasons. Not sure whether it is related to typology. Took option "disagree" for the result.

Q39: First two options too similar. I guess it tests for EP vs IP. Think about distinguishing them further.

Q3: Updated.
Q2: It doesnt access Se, it only gives illusion to access Se. Ok, actually the original version was measuring Se but failed completely and I took that fail in account. It is one of the irregular questions from Sakinorva, access type directly. Highest types on that are ENFJ and ENTJ. Lowest are ISTP and another one I forgot.
Q35: It is a compressed version where Jung describe cognitive function weakness due to excessive use of a single cognitive function. The chain one is related to Ne. The symbol one is Ni. The other two options are Si and Se.
Q37: The word high is quite important in there, to create contrast with the other option!
Q38: I had to adapt that question to access multiple functions, but originally should be "I am normal" (agree to disagree---> Access Si). There is a correlation of being normal and cognitive function Si, not only by self-perception but also on country statistics. But its completely indirect but, in general, the less Si you have, the less normal you feel.
Q39: Its the Ne vs Se borderline, I couldnt really avoid that. The whole question tests Ne vs Se vs Si vs Ni.