• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Maybe I'm not meant for Earth

á´…eparted

passages
I am bipolar 2, also 1w2, and felt similar to you when I was younger. Things will change and get easier with time. You need to try and not be so resolute and think you introspect perfectly and know everything. You don't, NO ONE does. It will block you from improving and getting better.

As [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION] said (who gave solid advice too) go on meds. You NEED to be on them. BPII is a very serious matter and I have yet to meet someone who can truly manage not being on meds without numerous ill effects. I recongize the kind of thinking that can plauge people who have it, and you are displaying them. You will continue to get worse over time. Take it from someone who wasn't on meds for a while and utterly tanked because of it. I might not be here if I didn't find working ones.

Asdlax

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I definitely get it. Ever since I was little, I gave myself away, emotionally, to everybody and anybody who never deserved it. My heart and hope was shattered more times than I can count; it was mostly my hope in the person that would get dashed whenever they decide to debase themselves to otherwise selfish, hedonistic, or philistinism set of actions when I knew they were much more than that. Unfortunately, people are going to decide what they want to do at the end of the day, and I can't stop them no matter how hard I tried. My perfectionism has blinded me, and it still does today, that my relationships with others won't always be rosy even though my deepest desire is to find a friendship with someone that is so deep and so pure, that this sort of thing won't happen to me.

Tell you what, you have such a big heart, that it should go to people and the places that are more than happy to take your kindness: volunteering. It could pay you some money, it may not pay you anything, but it will give you major emotional and spiritual rewards for being there. Go volunteer at the soup kitchen. Sign up to become a suicide hotline assistant. Pay a part of your income to charities you strongly believe in. Visit the animal shelter and ask, "What can I do to help?". INFJ people are usually found in these hospitable careers and activities that exercise their vast sympathy for mankind, and its for a good reason! It is just as you said.. we have so much love to give that it physically hurts to keep it all in. We have to let that go somewhere, but in a way that is healthy and won't reject or hurt you in return.

I hope I helped some. :hug:

So I have been told, volunteer work could enrich my life. They're just not common here where I live. There isn't a community in my area that offers free service, I'd have to do it on my own which raises suspicion and distrust. I help people online for some time now, I do free art, talk to depressed people, stuff like that. I need to make earnings sooner or later, so if things go well, I will continue my studies and go from there. You did help, feels nice talking to a person who knows what you're going through.

So many thinking patterns of young INFJs in your posts. You won't know all of your mistakes, just as you feel alone in yourself right now, believe you give 100% and others only give 50%, think that others aren't living up to their potential ... you don't recognize those as patterns yet either, patterns in your beliefs that are at best unhelpful. Read some threads here, start to see how you're not so isolated in your thinking, and how typical and common your patterns are. That will help you see how you are like other people, after all.

Allow me to emphasise this: It's not about never making mistakes. I simply accept the wrongs I have done. And grow from there. I introspect a lot, I consider various possibilities from different perspectives. It's a little outstretched to say "impossible/always", but more often than not I realise my mistakes without having them pointed out, and I try to fix without needing to be told. That was the message I'm trying to get across as /someone/ had made a wrong assumption about me simply because I identified as INFJ, and I felt the need to defend myself.

I said it earlier, and if you actually read my posts before commenting, you would know that this thread ISN'T about [the *only* suffering INFJ in the world]. I know there are people in out there (scattered all over the world) who feel the same way. and that doesn't make it all better like a magic cure MY loneliness, nor invalidate it. It's never about originality nor being special, it's about authenticity. I really do feel this way and I'm trying to reach out to people. Please don't make me repeat myself. You seem to have misunderstood the intent and the nature of my thread which I have previously clarified.

What's preventing you from making a significant contribution?

And if you're using personality type as a means of screening people's ability to satisfy you in a relationship...maybe STPs are the way to go? They're your dual in Socionics and I think a little bit more connected to the world in general, because they seek out life experiences rather than just staying home. :p Could maybe try NTJs as well, but I'm not sure if that would work the same way.

Of course, I'm not sure that's the method you ought to be using, but you're one person and if it works, it works. What did you like about your ENTP SO?

Let's be real, we'd have to be famous/rich to make a SIGNIFICANT difference on a huge scale. 'Changing the world?' more like realistically 'Endless self-improvement'. We cannot change other people, we only have control over ourselves. But I'm a child and to some extent, my parents have control over me and they abuse their authority.. Sadly that's how the world works, you need power, you need money, you need recognition to be something.

I have made a difference in several people's lives, this is true, but I'm not quite satisfied with that. I'd like to be a psychiatrist and help people but hey, I can't do that if I don't go to college. And hey I cannot go to college if my parents say no. And hey I cannot apply for a job if I didn't even finish highschool (not free here, you pay for education). Pathetic. I don't like how I'm playing right into my parent's game. As much I want to break free, they can throw me out to the streets if they want to. And oh trust me, it's awful being a homeless here in the country I'm in.

No I am not screening people's personality type to satisfy myself in a relationship. I have not the slightest idea she was an ENTP until we dated. "Maybe STPs are the way to go" you said? Aren't you the one using people's personality as a screening criteria? Gotta love the irony!!!

I don't have method whatsoever. I follow my heart and stay with whoever I feel comfortable with. If I must describe, the ENTP happened to have appreciated my 'weirdness', we share the same sense of humour, speak in the same wavelength, she was able to finish my sentences before I did. It felt like home being with her, it felt like we've known each other for a very long time.

Many people put out their points and some are fairly good, but I guess as what you see and feel resonates with me, I can put this one up here.

Be the first one to love anybody, but do not give more than you need to give, because the pocket of others who aren't deep enough are not going to be able to recieve it anyways. However, so long as you desire, and maybe that is good for an introvert too, that it would at least speaking by my own experience, that reading something decent from the web can ease the situation a little

I hope I helped. Just never give up.

Noted. Been doing that, will do more of it, TY!

yeah but Earth definitely needs more people like us.

I'm a 37 yr old male INFJ enneagram 1. I hear you. I like you. Don't give in. And yeah, find yourself a buddy.

Thank you for the words of encouragement :)

I am bipolar 2, also 1w2, and felt similar to you when I was younger. Things will change and get easier with time. You need to try and not be so resolute and think you introspect perfectly and know everything. You don't, NO ONE does. It will block you from improving and getting better. As MDP2525 said (who gave solid advice too) go on meds. You NEED to be on them. BPII is a very serious matter and I have yet to meet someone who can truly manage not being on meds without numerous ill effects. I recongize the kind of thinking that can plauge people who have it, and you are displaying them. You will continue to get worse over time. Take it from someone who wasn't on meds for a while and utterly tanked because of it. I might not be here if I didn't find working ones.

I wrote something about that above here if you care to read. My mistake if that was taken wrongly, I only meant to underline that I introspect more than /someone/ here thinks. - who made a big assumption about me and honestly? I was mildly offended. It's similar to getting preached over how dangerous people on the internet can be as though I'm a very naive person who doesn't know better when I already said that I am a type 1w2: which definitely does NOT make me a flawless person but at least more disciplined than the average people. See what I mean? That raises the question: Do you even process what you know about me and take the information given into consideration? It would be nice if people give more thought into what they say/do.

My parents aren't well-aware of the existence and danger of mental illnesses. I'll try to summarise this. Simply put, they're abusive, stubborn and they don't care. For the third time, it IS ALREADY my plan to go back to my medication, so you needn't worry nor repeat yourselves. Stop talking about a problem that doesn't exist. You needn't try to convince me because I am already convinced before I came here. You stated that you recognise the kind of thinking that can plague people who have it; I have no idea what you have in mind, but it may or may not apply to me. Thanks for you concern, please read before commenting from now on.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
to be fair and this probably won't make you feel better but i have not met a 21 year old that on some level that does not feel similarly to you. and the bipolar might make it worse which sucks but it's not completely because of that. it's also in part the fact you're 21. I'm not trying to be dismissive but i think in about 8 years you'll understand.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I said it earlier, and if you actually read my posts before commenting, you would know that this thread ISN'T about [the *only* suffering INFJ in the world]. I know there are people in out there (scattered all over the world) who feel the same way. and that doesn't make it all better like a magic cure MY loneliness, nor invalidate it. It's never about originality nor being special, it's about authenticity. I really do feel this way and I'm trying to reach out to people. Please don't make me repeat myself. You seem to have misunderstood the intent and the nature of my thread which I have previously clarified.

I understand the nature and intent of your thread. Of course I read your posts. That's the whole point. I'm saying the way you express yourself is a pattern, how you reply is a pattern, and your solution to the pattern is BEING ABLE TO SEE THAT. Your reaction was pretty much what I expected in return (although I do hold a particular optimism) and in some of your replies you're being downright rude to people here since it's clear you BELIEVE they are being *insulting / belittling / rude / insert negative quality* to you (not that they actually are, but the INFJ lens clouds the ability to perceive intent well online). Giving back what you believe you're being dished out is a massive error in your judgement. Maybe better to offer the benefit of the doubt.

You have to be what you desire to find. It's very simple but not very easy. If you want connection you have to be connected; believing yourself to be alone and all the "woe is me" hand-wringing that goes along with it is placing attention in the wrong place in order to achieve that goal.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION]: Keep in mind of the fact that being an INFJ is a very alienating experience due to being just under 1% of the total population, and should you continuously experience being pushed against the corner for being strange or different constantly, sooner or later, you too will become suspicious and extra sensitive due to negative experiences. I'm sure the OP does not mean to be rude, and is only reacting based on prior experiences and how her emotions were handled by others.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
[MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION]: Keep in mind of the fact that being an INFJ is a very alienating experience due to being just under 1% of the total population, and should you continuously experience being pushed against the corner for being strange or different constantly, sooner or later, you too will become suspicious and extra sensitive due to negative experiences. I'm sure the OP does not mean to be rude, and is only reacting based on prior experiences and how her emotions were handled by others.

Well, he's a guy, so that makes him even more isolated in that most INFJs are women. No offence to you, but since others here are being criticized for their reading comprehension, it appears you missed that fact, but I doubt you'll be criticized yourself for the error.

Yes, he's young, and hurting and I hear and feel all that. He doesn't need handling or coddling, he needs information that will actually help him. Here's the next pattern: he will "Like" your post but not mine, because yours will be perceived to be supportive of him and mine is not delivered in that "white glove" way INFJs desire to be interacted with. It's the pattern.

Understand the pattern and you understand yourself; instead of focussing out, focus in too. Oppositely, INFPs have to learn to focus out -- each type has a particular challenge point.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, he's a guy, so that makes him even more isolated in that most INFJs are women. No offence to you, but since others here are being criticized for their reading comprehension, it appears you missed that fact, but I doubt you'll be criticized yourself for the error.

I apologize for the misgendering. Although it is true that being a man in today's world is a lot more challenging than it needs to be, it doesn't mean that I, a female INFJ, cannot also understand what it feels to be so alone in this world with such a unique lens to the world that many others will either not care for or abuse us for our perspectives.

I have not followed every single post here, so I do not understand why you are criticizing my reading comprehension.

Yes, he's young, and hurting and I hear and feel all that. He doesn't need handling or coddling, he needs information that will actually help him. Here's the next pattern: he will "Like" your post but not mine, because yours will be perceived to be supportive of him and mine is not delivered in that "white glove" way INFJs desire to be interacted with. It's the pattern.

Did you not read my post advising him on what to do with his gift of helping others, or will you gleam over it in order for it to fit your narrative of 'all INFJs are whiny children'?

Understand the pattern and you understand yourself; instead of focussing out, focus in too. Oppositely, INFPs have to learn to focus out -- each type has a particular challenge point.

You are forgetting that the OP is bipolar and for such a traumatizing mental disorder, it will be proven difficult, if not impossible, for him to see the patterns unless and until he is receiving professional help. What he is doing here, is what I always do when I'm at my worst; crying out for help, for support, for understanding. It is not coddling. It is reaching for human kindness. That doesn't make him weak or unfocused of the patterns around him. Sometimes, we collapse, and that's okay.

He is free to like or not like our posts. I don't even know why you bring that up?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I apologize for the misgendering. Although it is true that being a man in today's world is a lot more challenging than it needs to be, it doesn't mean that I, a female INFJ, cannot also understand what it feels to be so alone in this world with such a unique lens to the world that many others will either not care for or abuse us for our perspectives.

I have not followed every single post here, so I do not understand why you are criticizing my reading comprehension.

Did you not read my post advising him on what to do with his gift of helping others, or will you gleam over it in order for it to fit your narrative of 'all INFJs are whiny children'?

You are forgetting that the OP is bipolar and for such a traumatizing mental disorder, it will be proven difficult, if not impossible, for him to see the patterns unless and until he is receiving professional help. What he is doing here, is what I always do when I'm at my worst; crying out for help, for support, for understanding. It is not coddling. It is reaching for human kindness. That doesn't make him weak or unfocused of the patterns around him. Sometimes, we collapse, and that's okay.

He is free to like or not like our posts. I don't even know why you bring that up?

Your reply was also completely expected. Pattern confirmed. I'm out. Good luck OP.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol OP misunderstands me, I see more misunderstanding.

Bet op doesn't even know I'm inhabiting a male body. Doesn't understand that I suffered a lot. Lol

Asdlax

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Bet op doesn't even know I'm inhabiting a male body. Doesn't understand that I suffered a lot. Lol

Of course I didn't know that, just as you didn't know I'm [removed for privacy reason]. I too suffered because of this.

In response to your ''He doesn't understand I suffered a lot'', I may not know the details and I may not understand your suffering because we are two different people going through different things (as similar as the situation could be), but I believe everybody has their own problems and hardships in life that make them into the person they are today.

Last edited:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
For the third time, it IS ALREADY my plan to go back to my medication, so you needn't worry nor repeat yourselves. Stop talking about a problem that doesn't exist. You needn't try to convince me because I am already convinced before I came here. You stated that you recognise the kind of thinking that can plague people who have it; I have no idea what you have in mind, but it may or may not apply to me. Thanks for you concern, please read before commenting from now on.

for the record, I only say this because if you stick around, you'll probably start another thread and come across this again.

You'll notice a lot of people echo ideas in this space. Usually it is a mixture of wanting to add in their two cents (because the discussions would end very quickly if one person made a post and everyone just said 'yeah close enough') and also to create emphasis on the idea they're echoing. 5 people posting the same thing tends to be more powerful than 1 person writing the thing in general, and usually especially people who have been through it tend to want to show that they've been there and aren't just waving their hands and saying "go do this" but rather showing support through experience. Usually it means more to people if someone who's experienced it says meds are important... versus someone like me who's never touched them or dealt with mental illness personally, even though I'd agree with the suggestions. .. If the plan is to get back on meds and people are saying this is the most important over and over again, it'd be a lot easier to try to see validation versus inconvenience. Because that's exactly what they're trying to do here is validate your plans, even if they missed your blurb about those plans being in place. In other threads people will make posts without reading every single comment.. it happens. A lot. And you'll probably do it too because it is usually exhausting to read through 10 pages of material. (I know that wasn't the case here, but you can see where the habit formed from. Some people already know what they want to say to address the OP, and for future reference, the OP can be edited to help catch people up to the thread as it progresses.)

Good luck here.