• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Looking for communities that don't mix mbti with other systems

gofigure

To discuss Myers Briggs official only, (as in myersbriggs.org). Seems systems are most often mixed together these days. Other than FB or insta which I don't use. Thanks in advance!

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
And I'm looking for a typology community that is both serious and active.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
And I still cant believe its not butter!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They kinda are! (And a mod, no less!)

I haven't really looked for type sites in the last few years. Most of them even ten years ago were already a mix of 3-4 type systems. Not sure if 16 personalities does anything community wise, although they have some kind of forum.

But I feel like most of the forums have really dissipated in the last 7 years or so, type sites seemed to have their heyday from 2000-2012 or so. Social media itself has kind of moved away from the forum setup to some degree.

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But I feel like most of the forums have really dissipated in the last 7 years or so, type sites seemed to have their heyday from 2000-2012 or so. Social media itself has kind of moved away from the forum setup to some degree.
That's too bad because I really prefer the longform content here to shit like Twitter. I'm also of the opinion that it's much better for everyone who participates. I think the pandemic did have a spike in activity which dissipated as it wound down.

I also think it has to do with participants doing things like getting married and having kids which now must seem much more pressing than what is going on here. Informally speaking I'm probably at around the mean age of this place at the peak of activity, and just judging by social media, it seems like most people my age are at the married/having kids stage. Probably to most of the people in their early twenties (like I was when I joined; in fact, I was still in college) now, this place seems old-fashioned and for dinosaurs. Perhaps they are more into Tik-Tok or something.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
He kinda is! (And a mod, no less!)

I haven't really looked for type sites in the last few years. Most of them even ten years ago were already a mix of 3-4 type systems. Not sure if 16 personalities does anything community wise, although they have some kind of forum.

Where on earth am I supposed to go about promoting my ideas?

Frank James has over a million subscribers, showing there's a market for this stuff, but his videos are just entertainment, no serious content.

I'm getting the feeling that most people into typology don't actually care about the truth of it, they just care about the memes etc. but I'm sure that a substantial minority DO care about the truth of the matter.

Where do I find this minority?

This forum is proving frustrating with the lack of replies. I want some recognition!

junathan

Well.. last I checked, the Reddit typology community is quite alive, although most of the posts are like memes.. there's not much long-form posts there. I think the newer generations have a short attention span or smtg smh

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
I agree that long-form type forums seem to be on the decline. Not sure why, but short attention span friendly social media platforms popularity seems the most likely culprit.

When Tucker Carlson got the boot from FOX, I was reading some online article about it and that article included a tweet posted from guy who seemed to have some reasonable insight into the issue. Now I don't use twitter or even have an account, but I clicked on the "view this on twitter link" to see if their was any further insight. Big mistake. There where some 5000+ replies to the original tweet, but scrolling through the first couple dozen they were all gifs of people laughing or dancing bears or one line smart ass remarks etc. There was not one word of useful discussion in response to the original tweet as far as I could see.

I thought to myself: this is what people prefer nowadays? All noise and no signal? Alas, the answer appears to be yes.