• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Living inside your head?

SwimmerGal97

I've never really saw this as a huge problem until I got older, but I spend alot of time in my own head pondering questions, mentally acting out stories and scenes and generally just thinking and imagining. There's alot that goes on up there but I'm not very good at getting the balance between that precious mental time and actual work to help me pass my a levels. I recently realised how bad it was when during a week, I was at school half eight to three, and watched maybe forty minutes to hour of TV a day at dinner time and besides that (6 am til 8 am then just before half three to half eleven at night) was my designated 'work' time. And I've spent all that time daydreaming. I don't think it's an entirely negative thing (its a pain but at least I'm creative and have an active mind) but I just don't know how to harness this. How do I take what's up in my head and put it into some real form? Does anyone else do this? I feel its mostly an introvert thing

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Could it possibly be maladaptive daydreaming?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maladaptive_daydreaming

Edit: felt I should add a short description of what it is in case anyone doesn't know/doesn't want to read the wiki page. It's basically excessive uncontrollable daydreaming that plays out like a novel or movie, and is usually strengthened or associated with music or repetitive motions (such as walking in circles or something).

SwimmerGal97

Could it possibly be maladaptive daydreaming?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maladaptive_daydreaming

Edit: felt I should add a short description of what it is in case anyone doesn't know/doesn't want to read the wiki page. It's basically excessive uncontrollable daydreaming that plays out like a novel or movie, and is usually strengthened or associated with music or repetitive motions (such as walking in circles or something).

I think it could be