• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Katy Perry

What Personality Type is Katy Perry?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• INTP

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One doesn't have to contribute much to the society to be typed by people. And how could you say she doesn't contribute much? She's a singer, and some people love her songs. Is that not a worthwhile contribution? She's an entertainer. And that's a contribution.

Wow, who are you, the ultimate judge on the human intellect? And I think it's unfair to call her dumb or anyone else for that matter. And how could you call her dumb? She's getting famous, making millions, winning awards and is superb at adapting. That all suggests that she's quite CLEVER. And being clever is being smart. Very Very smart.
Are you saying that no one is dumb and famous people are smart based on the fact they are famous? Seeing you typed as an INTJ, I am forced to assume your post was sarcastic.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ I'm not watching a 20 minute video and I never actually said she is ESFP I just said that source said she is and I also said the source could be questioned so don't jump to these absurd conclusions that I typed her as something I really didn't directly say.

If you ask me I would guess Katy Perry is ENFP 7w6 but idk.

R

Riva

Are you saying that no one is dumb and famous people are smart based on the fact they are famous? Seeing you typed as an INTJ, I am forced to assume your post was sarcastic.
I'm might not be an intj. Might not! Intelligence is rather subjective. A persm who appears to be a complete idiot at a certain aspect could be a genius in another. So the word 'dumb' is a word I dislike to use and is somewhat terrified to use. It also makes me feel annoyed when I see people overusing it. No, fame doesn't equate to intelligence. But if someone's aim is to be famous/popular - as it is of an entertainer such as perry - and if that person is capable of achieving that popularity does that not mean that person is clever? Is clever not a sign of intelligence? Of course i'm conveniently ignoring the possibility that she has manages to take care of her popularity and that she could possibly be a mere performer. But even performing requires ..... If I recall correctly your career makes you have a lot of exposure to celebrities. So I could imagine - especially by the way you made the reply - that you have a bit of contempt towards certain celebrities or maybe all? Or maybe you've me her? You did sound a bit annoyed the last time you spoke about celebrities. Could we know what you do for a living? Let me guess; a stunt double in daring action movies?

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not asking you to watch a 20 minute video - just putting it out there to support my assessment. I also didn't, in any way say you said she was an ESFP. I directly quoted what you said, which is that Celebrity Types had her as ESFP. No need to be so sensitive.

A good profiler can tell she's not an ESFP or an ENFP without having to watch more than a few minutes of the video. I actually take the time to do a little bit of research before I type someone, rather than adding to the noise by just citing a source with admittedly questionable credibility and then tossing out an answer with nothing to back it up.

^ I'm not watching a 20 minute video and I never actually said she is ESFP I just said that source said she is and I also said the source could be questioned so don't jump to these absurd conclusions that I typed her as something I really didn't directly say.

If you ask me I would guess Katy Perry is ENFP 7w6 but idk.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A good profiler can tell she's not an ESFP or an ENFP without having to watch more than a few minutes of the video. I actually take the time to do a little bit of research before I type someone, rather than adding to the noise by just citing a source with admittedly questionable credibility and then tossing out an answer with nothing to back it up.

I lack the patience to investigate in detail the personality type of some random pop diva superstar so it comes to me as no surprise that my typing judgment would be off though I'm still a bit curious as to what you would type Katy Perry as since the other opinions stated in this thread have been rather inconsistent with each other, and yes you may have typed her earlier in this thread too but again my laziness knows no bounds!

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I lack the patience to investigate in detail the personality type of some random pop diva superstar so it comes to me as no surprise that my typing judgment would be off though I'm still a bit curious as to what you would type Katy Perry as since the other opinions stated in this thread have been rather inconsistent with each other, and yes you may have typed her earlier in this thread too but again my laziness knows no bounds!

I type her as ENFJ. Here's my brief profile that focuses on the first two functions: http://theintuitivemusician.com/mbti-profile-katy-perry-enfj/ I actually think she's more interesting than a random pop star and the more I dug up on her the more I actually like her.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm might not be an intj. Might not! Intelligence is rather subjective. A persm who appears to be a complete idiot at a certain aspect could be a genius in another. So the word 'dumb' is a word I dislike to use and is somewhat terrified to use. It also makes me feel annoyed when I see people overusing it. No, fame doesn't equate to intelligence. But if someone's aim is to be famous/popular - as it is of an entertainer such as perry - and if that person is capable of achieving that popularity does that not mean that person is clever? Is clever not a sign of intelligence? Of course i'm conveniently ignoring the possibility that she has manages to take care of her popularity and that she could possibly be a mere performer. But even performing requires .....
I actually agree with you that overusing the word "dumb" is problematic, and I know well about the complexities of intelligence. It just surprised me to read it the way you said it. I wasn't actually annoyed, but was partly being silly in my response.

There is an interesting book that examines some psychological research about our assumptions about individuals with success. It is called "The Drunkard's Walk" by Leonard Mloadinow. It shows that we makes many assumptions in favor of those we see as successful, but when the same scenarios are presented with the assumption that the person is suffering, we start to believe they deserve what they get. We try to make rational sense of a world that is largely dictated by chance. He demonstrates mathematically that the sample size of games won in sports is too small to demonstrate superior skill and can be shown to produce results similar to random processes. He can show that the differences between success and failure are driven more by chance than personal will. It is an interesting book that I highly recommend.

If I recall correctly your career makes you have a lot of exposure to celebrities. So I could imagine - especially by the way you made the reply - that you have a bit of contempt towards certain celebrities or maybe all? Or maybe you've me her?
I actually know virtually nothing about Katy Perry, but was only responding to the reasoning that being famous is an indication of intelligence, which I have to disagree. What other indications are there of her intelligence?

You did sound a bit annoyed the last time you spoke about celebrities. Could we know what you do for a living? Let me guess; a stunt double in daring action movies?
I really try to keep it quiet, but you have almost guessed it. I was Angelina Jolie's butt double in "Tomb Raider".

R

Riva

I actually agree with you that overusing the word "dumb" is problematic, and I know well about the complexities of intelligence. It just surprised me to read it the way you said it. I wasn't actually annoyed, but was partly being silly in my response.

I admit the way I initially made that post would have indicated what you previously assumed as to what I meant. Thanks to my occasional use of introverted thinking I managed to get my ass/butt out of that shit-hole/mess.

There is an interesting book that examines some psychological research about our assumptions about individuals with success. It is called "The Drunkard's Walk" by Leonard Mloadinow. It shows that we makes many assumptions in favor of those we see as successful, but when the same scenarios are presented with the assumption that the person is suffering, we start to believe they deserve what they get. We try to make rational sense of a world that is largely dictated by chance. He demonstrates mathematically that the sample size of games won in sports is too small to demonstrate superior skill and can be shown to produce results similar to random processes. He can show that the differences between success and failure are driven more by chance than personal will. It is an interesting book that I highly recommend.

I do agree with what you have said about success doesn't mean intelligence and that this is due to us humans trying to make sense of what is happening in this world. This argument is indeed a good argument to prove that what I said initially was wrong.

I did jump the gun knowing this, due to the fact that I feel annoyance at people who overuse the word stupid/idiot. It is a disgusting word to use and is often abused and used against people one dislikes or disagrees with. It is distasteful. Adding to that is, the person I quoted probably doesn't know much about Perry and probably used it as a gut reaction and without much rational sense. If that person did have a good reason behind it that person could have replied to it.

Thank you for the tip regarding the book. I would definitely read it if it falls on my lap. I rarely buy and read books. They just tend to fall on my lap. But I have and will read many many books. In my defense I haven't even bought a single book from the Harry Potter series which was the 1st English book I've read and finished.

I actually know virtually nothing about Katy Perry, but was only responding to the reasoning that being famous is an indication of intelligence, which I have to disagree. What other indications are there of her intelligence?

I know nothing much myself. But like I said - though you hinted/proved that my point was wrong - we cannot deny the possibility that success does require atleast a certain amount of cleverness. But it does not mean that a person who is more successful than another is more clever etc.

I really try to keep it quiet, but you have almost guessed it. I was Angelina Jolie's butt double in "Tomb Raider".

I hope this is not how INFJs provide foreplay for NTs before doorslamming them? If not; can I use this as my signature? It would confuse the shit out of the senior members.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hope this is not how INFJs provide foreplay for NTs before doorslamming them? If not; can I use this as my signature? It would confuse the shit out of the senior members.
Sure, use it. I love confusing people.

I'm not that much of a door-slammer, and one interaction that barely borders on disagreement certainly wouldn't do it. I have one person on ignore and considered one other. I only place people on ignore if they post junk in my rep box because I can't delete those comments any other way, and I feel like that is my private bubble and like reading comments from friends without having to see icky stuff. If I could delete there I may not even bother having anyone on ignore.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
The only 4 letters I would give this girl start with F and ends in K, she is HOT, however I have never been able to bear seeing her speak since she married the skinny rat Russel Brand, which shows bad taste in extremis, as it were. I can see he may have sex appeal for a one night stand and his possible heat-packing may well well complement Katy's own fine, eye catching assets. But to marry him? That's bad judgement, and she paid for it poor girl. :(

Type? As a performer she seems esfp, which is an easy answer, but then, first impressions usually are superior to over-thinking on questions of personality.

S

Stansmith

ESFP 6w7 - 2w3/3w2 - 9w1 Sx/So

I wanted to say So/Sx, but she has crazy eyes.

Dancing_Queen

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See????

That's why I say she is so fake. I mean, from Christian music jumping to "gay" people and kissing girls? Come on, this is surely a witty manoeuvre to trick us.

And to me, she seems an ENTJ concealed by an ESFP facade.

edit: actually, she might be an ENTP, but the fact that she wants to make it to the top makes me think of ENTJ.

She is fake, but not for that reason. She manufactured herself to fit a mold in order to be successful yes, but she's quite open about it.

She even said in her documentary that people love the idea of a good girl gone bad, and that they think her parents disowned her but that's not the truth at all.

She also explains she never shared her parents views when it comes to God and always wanted to live the life she has now.

[MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] explains t well, the shift was real, not made up to attract attention. She does make an spectacle of herself, but she only exaggerates certain aspects of her personality.

You have a comically shallow understanding of types. So Katy Perry is an ENTJ because she wants to make it to the top?

Guess I'm an ENTJ too :D.

R

Riva

ESFP 6w7 - 2w3/3w2 - 9w1 Sx/So

I wanted to say So/Sx, but she has crazy eyes.

I'm seeing her being typed mostly as a ESFP, ESTP, ISTP and a e6. I think she is a ISTP.

If she is a ISTP 6w7 it would make sense as to why people see her as a ESFP.

Lolz yes she does have crazy eyes. She has crazy but laid back written all over her which makes me like her.

Her hotness helps too ;).