• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IXXX Please Help

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I typed myself as INFJ a long time ago. I was pretty confident in it but it never fit exactly right. Now I'm questioning it more and more and wondering if that's just what I *wanted* to be and not what I actually am.

My ex, who is a very good example of an ENTP, has told me since we broke up that he doesn't think I'm an INFJ. He's since dated some and said that I am not like them. INFJs tend to be spiritual and whatnot which I am not. I don't remember what other examples he gave. I get the impression that maybe I am less nice than other INFJs he's encountered. :D

At work I had to take the True Colors test. I never have a good answer for that one either, I just know I'm not orange. I asked my friends and family for help typing me with that because I had to design something for a bulletin board at work and put my color on it. My mom said green because I always think I'm right and can be condescending (thanks mom), and two of my best friends said green. A girl at work told me blue. My sister took it for me and got gold.

Ennegram is an even bigger mystery. Someone once told me I'm a 9 but that doesn't feel exactly right. None of them do.

Most people, other than my family, might see me as an extrovert. I don't like empty silences in conversations so I tend to fill them. I ask a lot of questions when I first meet people. I'm friendly. I'm good at small talk but I don't like it. I know I'm an introvert though. I need time alone on the regular and going out and doing awesome, fun things with people I love still can feel like a chore to me.

I did that first sticky thread and got ISTP. I've never once tested as an ISTP before. I don't even know if I know any so I really don't know much about that type.

1-what makes you angry? I don't get angry easily. I get frustrated. Like when I have to fill out forms and applications and they ask vague questions and I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to answer them. I get angry sometimes when people have different opinions than me on certain issues, like gay rights for instance. But then it's almost a fun anger and I like to get into an argument with them (as long as it's not an aunt or something who I would hate getting into an argument with).

2-what do you like/dislike most about people? I like when people can have deep conversations, both emotional and intellectual. I don't like when people lie, especially if they're lying because they're embarrassed or something. That bugs me. I don't like when people are rude.

3-do you like animals? why? Yes, because they're cool? I don't know. Dogs I like because they are so loving and innocent. Wild animals are fascinating. I like to see dynamics between animals, how they treat each other, etc.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life? They (my family) love me unconditionally and I feel like I can be myself and I'm appreciated for who I am. Also, they're all smart and interesting.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself? I like that I can talk to different kinds of people about a wide range of things. I think I'm pretty good at finding something interesting to talk about with most people. I dislike how unsure I am about things. I don't have a clear enough image of myself to be able to type myself and it's frustrating. I don't feel like I'm in the right career (teaching) but I don't know what else I should be doing instead. It's annoying. I can be selfish.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not? I used to not care but I've gotten into it a little bit more recently just because I've gotten more into shopping.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out? Mostly fit in.

8-what activities do you enjoy? Reading, watching movies, talking, writing, eating, shopping (primarily for books).

9-what makes you feel secure? Um... I don't know? I think I feel secure most of the time, by default. I do like to get verbal affirmation from people.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not? Yes and no. I am usually in one. My last serious boyfriend was an ENTP and the guy I'm dating now is probably although he's a little difficult to type. I do like being in a relationship because I like having someone who can teach me new things and who can experience and reflect on things with me. I don't because I like to be free and not have to check in with anyone. My boyfriend now is really good about giving me my space, but sometimes I do feel guilty like I ask for too much space. Also, I want kids eventually so that's also why I want to be in a relationship.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc... I love my family. My immediate and the extended on my mom's side. I already said above why. I love Disney World because it's fun and nostalgic and makes me feel super happy when I'm there. I love Christmas because I love giving and getting gifts, I love being with my family, eating good food, and all the traditions/nostalgia that comes with it. I love books. I read mostly fiction but I still feel like I can learn something from any book. I also like books when they force me to feel strong emotions (either happy or sad).

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about? Probably the future. Planning ahead. Am I on the right path to get me to where I want to be eventually?

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child? I don't think I've changed a ton. I think I've become more outgoing. As a child I was super attached to my family (still am) but maybe aloof toward others which I don't think I am as much anymore. In elementary I think I did ok in school, the teachers were maybe indifferent toward me. Once grades started to matter though (middle school, high school) I did really well and was valedictorian. As a friend I was the ringleader as a child. A little bossy and mean girlish. Once I was in high school I made a point of trying to be kinder which lost me my ringleader status. I've kept all the same friends though for 15+ years now (I'm 27).

I just answered the first list of questions (although the second list was quite hilarious) but let me know if I need to answer more. Thanks!!!