• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IXTJ? - Si/Ni Help, sending me mad!

Charles II

Hi!

So this is my first ever post on a forum ever but I find MBTI literally too fascinating to not actually truly discover my type because its sending me mad so I help someone can help.

Im pretty sure im an introverted perceiver primarily (Ni/Si) and as much as I have extensively read online and you tube about both I consistently see aspects of both in me and its driving me insane not knowing.

I strongly identify with Te/Fi, Te specifically is pretty strong so its INTJ vs ISTJ. The following insights I tried to tailor to relate more to perceiving than anything else but I realise some of them could apply to other functions.

These are some general insights and examples I have made over the last few weeks and months:

-Generally I would describe myself as: Calm, insightful, intense, rational, objective, driven, ambitious, successful, responsible, efficient, intellectual

-I'll spot a person's physical foibles super fast and literally laugh and wonder why they do it

-Tunnel vision: literally tune people out when im concentrating and people get annoyed im not listening and I do it all the time. Equally when im working towards a goal, really quite incredibly driven towards it.

-I cant help but finish peoples sentences all the time

-I don't take photos of my life but do enjoy reminiscing about good times had.. Looking at a photo of something would help me remember the story about what happened for sure... But I feel like when I think about a memory that isn't itself purposely triggered by looking at something I can't help but feel like just remember what vaguely happened and what the point of this memory is and it's meaning is - Is this Si or Ni or just totally irrelevant?

-I watched a video online talking about utilising Si by remembering the location of items in a grocery store and I could literally tell you where every single item that I'll often buy is in my local supermarket, I can visualise the isles

-At University, my girlfriend permanently worries that her work is not good enough even though we regularly score some of the highest marks in the year.. I know it will be fine because, in my mind, it's only logical to assume that because we regularly the top marks available that you are of that standard and it's unlikely to be any different baring a dramatic shift in circumstance and so I don't understand why other clever people regularly stress out so much when this is blatantly obvious - Obviously if circumstance changes I would also have no problem rationalising that also, I feel like I just find it super easy to rationalise almost everything is the point im making here

-Don't mind routine generally: I mean I hate the monotony of doing daily necessary tasks because im lazy but on the whole whether I have a routine or not, I'm quite happy just to sit and entertain myself, the routine itself doesnt phase me in terms of how intense or lax it may be.

-Am definitely aware of details in my environment, I'll spot a typo (I hope!), how something looks different to how it did previously, as I go along in the car in the passenger seat i'll often read signs and look at stuff and contemplate what it means.. What is it, what does it look like, why is it there, what can we infer from its existence in that particular context - I just what to understand

-Although I am somewhat clumsy miss random stuff other people pick up on like wedding rings or other random details so maybe im just average.

-Im pretty damn good at doing other people's voices and mimickery in general - Just thought this might be an interesting insight :D

-As a child and throughout my life I have always naturally loved winding people up for fun and pressing their buttons - I dont remember much as a child but I do remember doing this all the time

-Always been very responsible, i'll always check windows before I leave - Although im an oldest child so I like to think I've always had to be responsible anyway

-During sport I've always played it intellectually, can see what people are going to do before they do it, for example I can spot a badminton players technique and the way they try to win points instantaneously and adapt accordingly by predicting what they'll do and how to respond.

-I can always totally can see the logical point in other people's arguments even if its opposite to what I think.. Find people stick to their guns so immensely and refuse to adapt or grow their own understanding, I can quite easily see all the arguments for everything - Open minded?

-I have a frightening sense of direction: In places I haven't been before I find it beyond effortless to know which way to go. Equally, before I go somewhere I can visualise the route to a certain point in reality, specifically seeing the roads in my head and which way to turn etc.

-Im deeply convicted by things once im sure.. Although I have no problem with throwing that out once something else is proven to better, more effective efficient or whatever it is.

-One thing I associate with strongly is the Ni/Se infamous intensity. I have always been ridiculously obsessive about whatever im currently interested in. I will research it, live and breathe in 24/7 purely because I enjoy being immersed in but also often because im looking for the ultimate truth - The fact I've written all of these things down and scrutinised my behaviour for literally months at a time now is testament to this fact

-I love learning and am ferociously curious about lots of things. I could tell you lots of both pointless and useful facts and information about just about anything. Equally I could make a pretty good educated guess at most things even if I dont know a lot about it. Indeed, this type of learning is almost always by reading and not by practice. Moreover, I hate never knowing enough about stuff and it frustrates me immensely, I feel like there is ultimately an objective truth but its so hard to ever reach.

-I know they are only stereotypes but I dont identify with some of the classic Si behaviours in any way: For example, like every being able to relax without having to DO something constantly (I am incredibly lazy), explaining everything in lengthy detail (Just give me a summary most of the time pls) or experiencing deep and vivid sensory memories of past experiences.

-I love looking at people and some of their behaviours and and predicting everything about that person based off that one thing and do it often.

-I can relate to the idea of communicating intuitively: For example telling me to stretch a hamstring muscle does nothing for me, you have to tell me why and the impact of this on the rest of the body as a holisitc system for me to understand the importance.

-Especially when writing essays, I will definitely experience these 'aha moments' as typical of Ni. Its like a frustration I feel for several days and then finally what I want to try and say comes to me and I make a complex argument and get a good mark. I feel like this does not happen nearly as intensely in ordinary life however.

-Saying that, often when someone says something or I look at objects, I find myself comparing it to something I already know or seen previously.. Not necessarily a definitive memory. For example, I watched the news the other day and a boxing piece came on, instantly I just remembered briefly watching a video on facebook about boxing a few hours earlier - Is this Si or just having a memory and what is the difference?

I appreciate this was a long post but I just wanted to get it all out of me and I hope it made some sense.

Please realise my dream and help type me.

MyMindNeedsSedation

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know much about ISTJs, so I'm mainly going by stereotype. I'll say INTJ. (I wouldn't reply to this, but nobody else did so I figure I could try to help.)

As an INTP with a strong Si, I easily trigger memories. It comes naturally. Just two hours ago, I heard a song that reminded me of a twitter post from week ago. For Si doms, it happens all the time naturally. Also the time lapse between the present and memory can be years. I know it was just an example, but since it wasn't that long ago that you last saw the video, it's probably just natural. Si is also more than memories and routine, but since that's your emphasis then you are probably not a Si dom.

Both Ni and Si can seem one track minded since introverted functions are about depth. I think the difference is that Ni can go on and on about the same topic, but SJs can get bored since they're sensors and Ne will tell them to move on.

I will also say that since you reflected on this a lot, you're probably an INTJ because INs are the most reflective. You like to learn and you are into MBTI, so you're also most likely an IN. I think about 60% of people on this forum are INs, so based on stats alone, you're mostly likely an INTJ.

Now this is just my opinion, but maybe someone else will agree. I believe that Si/Ne dialogues are sort of like going on a tangent, so they will mention different things that sorta go off topic. Ni/Se is more like "preaching". If I had to choose a category for your post, I'll say Ni/Se. You just mentioned things that you thought was either related to Ni or Si.