• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] ISFJ curious about ESFP

amazonian

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9W1
I am an ISFJ female, and I am confused about whether my ESFP guy friend likes me or not. We have had numerous hours-long conversations on every topic, including what he wants in a wife. He has invited me to pull all-nighters with him, and has offered to show me around places. He also came to my workstation in our cafeteria to say hi to me when he knew no one else around me. I really like this guy, but I am afraid of making a fool out of myself and showing that I like him before I know if he likes me. What do you think?

iHeartCats

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
no
I really like this guy, but I am afraid of making a fool out of myself and showing that I like him before I know if he likes me.

This is one thing that you shouldn't worry about with an ESFP. ESFPs never worry about making a fool out of themselves, so neither should you; if he's interested in you, he's much more likely to move on to someone else because you were hesitant to show your feelings, than run away because you revealed them too soon. However, ESFPs are not shy and it's usually very easy to tell if they're into you or not, so if he's into you it would probably be showing. ESFPs are one of the least shy types, unless they're still very young and dealing with their teen/adolescent insecurities, but since you were talking about marriage, I assume that he's older than that.

We have had numerous hours-long conversations on every topic, including what he wants in a wife.

Are you sure he's ESFP? A typical ESFP would tell you what they want in one or two sentences, unless you're the one who insists on the details.....ESFPs usually know what they want very well and they cut to the point without much philosophy when talking about it....it's just that they're pretty volatile in their wishes and preferences, so what they want often changes from week to week.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Actually I knew an esfp for a really long time and although not shy, I don't think they are all that direct. They will show interest but seem to have trouble closing the deal with strong definite interest or taking final action like asking for the phone number, especially with girls within his social circle who are friends, he would crush on the girls but not tell them, but he was definitely open to something with them.

In all honesty, the esfp I knew had low standards in women, pretty much open for whatever, big, small, thin, thick, tall, short, whatever he was probably down if he felt even just a little attraction. If you talked to him for hours, then I would think you definitely have a chance, if you are a friend in his social circle, he may be trying not to be too direct and kind of let things happen naturally, but it's really just being a wuss so go ahead and make his silly day.

Oh yea, strange thing too, after maturing into a full grown adult, he started actively searching for a wife. Like literally saying he wants to get married and stuff, I thought it was strange(for such a party animal), but I think it had to do with the fact a lot of people in our social group were getting married, and he just wanted what everyone else had as usual.