• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is this individual an INTJ?

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, there's someone I know whom I'm having trouble typing, and I want you INTJs to give me your honest input - and understand that this is coming from my own observations, which may or may not be entirely objective or correct. I will try to be as unbiased and factual as possible in describing this person's characteristics.

This person strikes you as predominantly introverted a great deal of the time, with glimmers of extroverted behavior on occasion - usually when talking about something pertaining to a film or TV reference or making a joke about something along these lines.

The person dresses conservatively in everyday life - button-down shirts, khaki pants, clean-shaven. Not a wrinkle to be seen; no hair out of place. I believe that this person is religiously observant, but not excessively so.

In mental processes, very fastidious to detail; spends a lot of time designing theatrical spaces using computer-aided design and is seemingly a whiz at it. Works with hands to execute and construct these sets and scenic designs, and has no problem lifting, using power tools, and doing heavy work despite the meticulous interest in the planning stages of said work. Academically, this is a bright person. I would venture to guess that they are "left-brained," so, writing is not their forte, nor is performance art really this person's "thing" - they are more comfortable (from MY perspective) doing a great deal of "behind-the-scenes" work and doing it in a very organized and driven fashion.

Socially: seems to hang out with a crowd who has strong opinions on a variety of subjects and who aren't shy to say what's on their minds - but if you look closely, this person is kind of on the fringe of the group, and does not seem to contribute heavily to the chit-chat going on in the peer group. I do not know if they feel they really belong to this group, or are just hanging out with them in order to diminish feelings of social unease. I have overheard one person in the "group" make a comment indicating their dislike (my own interpretation?) of this person - and here, I thought these people were friends. Now, I do not mean to imply that this individual is friendless by any stretch, because they have a couple friends outside this little group whom I've noticed a more relaxed vibe with. This is why I think that this is an introvert who thrives on one-on-one interaction. They are not a very touchy-feely person, that's for sure. This person's parent was recently taken off of life support, and when they disclosed this, there were no tears nor any real emotional affect from what I could tell. This somewhat constricted range of emotion is perhaps why the person is not an excellent actor. They seem to care about the facts, and about practical matters, and with the conservative dress, I'm tempted to say that this is a "Judging" person along with being an "Introvert." Given what I said just a second ago, I also believe the person is a "Thinker" rather than a "Feeler."

In short, I think I have actually met an INTJ in real life... I don't know if this is the first one because I once knew a girl like this. But yeah, INTJs are rare, and I think this person fits the bill.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Could be. The information is a little limited, but what I can see is reasonably consistant with an INTJ.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
In terms of dichotomies, your description is generally consistent with ITJ. The detail-orientation, practicality and fact-orientation suggests ISTJ over INTJ. Overall, he seems like the Angela Merkel-type, who is generally considered ISTJ.

Typing by cognitive functions is much more tricky though...
I think you can rule out Ne dom, Se dom and Fe dom/aux, but any other type is still fair game at this point.