• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP or ENTP?

sensasional

MBTI Type
xNTx
Hey guys, I’m not sure whether I’m an INTP or ENTP.

(I don’t know if I am a Ne dom or a Ti dom. If I did I wouldn’t have this issue right now. Or for that matter, I’m not sure whether or not being around people charges me up, but I’m pretty sure I enjoy it.)

So firstly, I am quite quiet and I don’t ever get invited to things, and I attributed these things to my introversion, which I am questioning right now. Also I only post or comment on forums occasionally, I don’t talk to people on Facebook very much and nobody in the world other than my mother knows my phone number. Actually this is probably why I don’t get invited to anything, in fact a guy I sat next to in math class in high school invited people from our school to his birthday party and I’ve never even seen them ever talk before and I didn’t even know about it, so during my holidays, I just sit in front of my computer, watch anime and talk to people in my own head.

So when I was in high school I tried and make people laugh while not appearing to be trying to hard. This didn’t work to well. Maybe it’s because I don’t speak loud enough, maybe it’s because I’m not very witty and maybe it’s because I’m a fat, 6’1 220 pound dude with a scary face. I don’t think I show too much emotion unless it’s when I laugh, because I am easily amused and I laugh loudly.

I grow my hair out and get it shaved about twice a year. (Apparently INTP’s don’t care about their appearance too much)

A long time ago I did the test and got INTP; didn’t bother reading the description on the 16 personality website because it seemed really long. Over a year later I did it again 1-2 more times and got INFP once, but that was when I first started University and I was looking for a group to hang out with. So I like watching MMA so I searched fighters’ MBTI and apparently ISTP is a good fighting type, so then I thought: “Hey maybe I’m an ISTP.” Nup. I’m definitely not aux Se. So then I thought I might be INTJ, but apparently searching and hording knowledge is typical of an INTP and a post I read on r/INTP said something like that. And then I thought: “Hey, what if I’m a shy, socially inept extrovert?” But nah, fuck that, wasting too much time on this shit.
So then, a few days ago, I thought I might be INFP, because Ti and Fi are both analytical functions, but Ti is objective logic and Fi is moral (I think) but once again I concluded that this sort of questioning and searching is typical of an INTP. So I went back to: “maybe I’m an extrovert” and searched “INTP vs ENTP” and apparently INTP’s question their type far less, and now I’m confused.

I just want to know what type I am. I don’t know what type I am. Please help.

(Writing this has made me believe I’m an INTP, but whatever, please help guys. Thanks in advance)

SwimmerGal97

Firstly, a lot of what you put is more behavioural for example, you say you don't go out much but not how you respond to people when you do go out (are you drained or energised by people?). Introversion vs extroversion isn't about being a quiet hermit vs a chatty party animal, it's where you draw your energy from- inside or outside. Secondly, what you say about high school and wanting to make people laugh but not quite getting there seems to be like inferior Fe, which would make you an INTP. I also think the trial and error method of 'I could be an ISTP' then when that doesn't work 'I could be an INTJ' and so on is more logical Ti than Ne, which in my experience is more 'I can be everything all at once! All the possibilities!' when it's especially rowdy and dominant. So I would say you're an INTP (and as someone who initially tested INTP but has since considered absolutely every type and is totally confused and unsure, I can say that if I AM an INTP, then it's probably one of the types to question the most! Especially as 1. INTP's are dubbed 'the scientists' and as such are naturally inquisitive and seek logical consistency so would seek to verify their answers but 2. Also know how to answer tests to get a specific result and pick up on (and play) the whole system very quickly so questions whether any answer is the true answer- leading me to a theory that the first testing was probably the best as I couldn't sway it but then also I was very young AND am likely to have answered more how I like to think of myself as than how I actually am....which would make it innaccurate. We need an MBTI sorting hat that can mind read! Of course I may not be an INTP so this insight I'm shedding could be utter rubbish :L)

Oh also, I wanted to show you this site:

Cognitive Functions | Funky MBTI in Fiction

CDH15

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
You sound like an introvert, so I say INTP. Welcome to the club.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
If you can't type by your dominant functions, then look at your inferior functions (Si and Fe). Do you shut out Ne in favor of a Ti-Si loop or do you shut out Ti for a Ne-Fe loop? How do you act when you are stressed out? When your world is collapsing around you and you are simply out of control? What is the bane of your existence?

Raging indecision is a bit of a slightly unhealthy Ne trait (information hoarding, as you put it) but it can also be Ti-Si looping since the introverted functions concentrate on the inner, subjective world and the extraverted functions the outer, objective world. Your Ne takes in just enough information for Si to start processing it, then it gets sent back and forth between Si and Ti while Ne just sits there like, "Hey, what about me? I thought I was supposed to be part of this too."

I hypothesize that you are INTP based on this information, and along with that I hypothesize that it is generally more difficult for introverts to accurately type themselves, especially if they are looping or have Ne.

sensasional

MBTI Type
xNTx
Thanks guys, I'll probably read more about looping and keep doubt myself, but for now I'll say I'm INTP. (By the way I never seen or read Harry Potter)