• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP, not sure of enneagram+instinct

EonsInTheNight

MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, hi! I'm new on this site, but familiar with MBTI for some time.
MBTI wise I identify strongly with Fi and Ne, and introversion, so I'm sure of my type.

I have a problem deciding my enneagram+instinct tough. I feel like a sp/sx: my main tendency is to protect myself from others, while also feeling the need of a profound one-to-one connection with someone and I'm distrustful of any kind of group, as I feel the group is something in which the individual risk dissolving and losing whatever makes him interesting.

Enneagram wise I identified with 5w4, 9w1 and 4w5.
I identify with 5w4 tendency to put the things that interest my into a larger whole of knowledge, like piecing everything into a whole, but more interested in how my views on the world and opinions makes me unique from others views than any real practical gain, so no 5w6. I also identify with the fear of lacking competence, and I want to find that one thing I'm good, but my only hope is writing.
I would never label myself ''intellectual'' tough, even if I have such interests like philosophy.
I'm more interested in intellectual integrity than intellectual capacity, that is, someone who's world-views aren't compromised for the sake of accepting comfortable ''truths'' rather than someone taking pride in intellectual capacity. Honestly, I often feel like some kind of idiot who can have surprising insights. I feel like my mind lacks focus, but that could be Ne.

I identify with the very non-conflictual, conflictual avoiding nature of 9w1, and the agreeable but also withdrawn appearance. However I do get angry more often than I think a 9w1 should but I try to keep it in check, and most people that know probably think I'm incapable of anger. I'm more at ease with feeling anger regarding social issues that bother me,than feeling anger on a specific person. Feeling anger on a specific person, or feeling anger in a specific situation makes me depressed, I have head-aches etc.
Feeling anger on abstract concept, like ''society'' or ''religion'' I feel more comfortable with, but even then, in an interiorized, burning on the inside, way. I also identify with the wing1 tendency to put myself down allot when I feel disappointed in myself, often over small details I didn't do right or I forgot, or made someones else accidentally feel bad. On the other hand, I don't avoid dark subject in art or thinking on dark subject, in fact my tendency regarding stuff like crime, genocide, suicide, depression etc. is to ponder on why it happens,and even create scenarios in my mind where I put myself in a criminal's head as an attempt to arrive at some insights about the evil nature of man or even to better appreciate life by comparing it with the perspective of a misanthrope or a person incapable of feeling empathy.

With 4w5 I identify with the fear of not having unicity, of being like everyone else. I feel like if there's some other person who's just like me in the world, then there's no point for me. I fear being a stereotype and ponder of how that makes me a stereotype in itself and it goes to nowhere. I also identify with the need for strong emotions, but I avoid them in everyday situation tough since I don't want to create drama or be a dramatic person, and rather use art and contemplation to engage them. I have moments of fearing intense emotions tough and feeling of normalcy/apathy, but I fear a state in which normality or apathy would feel natural.
I think I have to many moments of avoiding intense emotions to be 4 tough, so it may be in my tri-type rather than in the front, and would rather bet on 5w4 and 9w1 but who knows with instinctual variants.

I know some of the thing here may seem 6w5 but like I said I'm very distrustfull of belonging into a group with its own unspoken rules, and at times see the group as an all-absorbing monster, and don't feel the need to belong to a group to protect myself from the larger group of ''normality'', would rather enrich my world-view as to be sure it won't risk being absorbed by society.

I'm also a very passive and directionless kind of person, unfortunately.

EonsInTheNight

MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=31311]EonsInTheNight[/MENTION] You seem most like the 5w4 sx/sp type.
Five Stacks | The Enneagram ...info from the underground.

Thanks, it does seem to fit on most issues, except the counter-phobic tendencies, as I feel I'm too conflictual averse for that. I mean, when I think 5w4 sx/sp I think of someone like Nietzsche, then again being INFP it would makes sense to be more conflict averse than an NT.

Reading more on that page, it seems like Nietzsche was more of sx/so than sx/sp, and sx/so 5w4 is more aggressive and confrontational.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks, it does seem to fit on most issues, except the counter-phobic tendencies, as I feel I'm too conflictual averse for that. I mean, when I think 5w4 sx/sp I think of someone like Nietzsche, then again being INFP it would makes sense to be more conflict averse than an NT.

Reading more on that page, it seems like Nietzsche was more of sx/so than sx/sp, and sx/so 5w4 is more aggressive and confrontational.

I don't know what "conflictual averse" means. Counterphobia doesn't have to do with conflict, but with facing down your fears.