• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

India and American Politics

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Guys, I have a serious question/rant:

What is up with people from India supporting Republicans (especially people like Trump) over Democrats? What’s the logic behind this? Do you seriously think you’d benefit more seeing the US led by ultra-conservatives? Or is it just because the majority of you hate Muslims? (And don’t tell me you don’t hate them, because it’s fucking obvious to me as a Kashmiri Pandit - I have an insider’s perspective, and this is one of the biggest WTFs I have with the majority of other so-called Hindus.)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

What is up with people from India supporting Republicans (especially people like Trump) over Democrats? What’s the logic behind this? Do you seriously think you’d benefit more seeing the US led by ultra-conservatives? Or is it just because the majority of you hate Muslims? (And don’t tell me you don’t hate them, because it’s fucking obvious to me as a Kashmiri Pandit - I have an insider’s perspective, and this is one of the biggest WTFs I have with the majority of other so-called Hindus.)

Not Indian, but maybe Modi has something to do with it. I don't know much about him but my mental shorthand for him is an "Indian Netanyahu" which I don't consider an endorsement by any means.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not Indian, but maybe Modi has something to do with it. I don't know much about him but my mental shorthand for him is an "Indian Netanyahu" which I don't consider an endorsement by any means.

Yeahhh, I’m not sure how to feel about Modi most of the time. Like for example, I was happy to see Article 370 revoked... but I was uneasy over the resulting lockdown and military crackdown, to say the least. I would understand if only terrorists were being targeted, but ordinary citizens have faced the brunt of it as well; such violence begets more violence, and hate begets more hate. One injustice does not negate the other, it just multiplies. Also, if the government truly wanted Kashmiri Hindus returned to the valley, more effective actions would’ve been taken decades ago - decades.

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Corrupt politician motherfuckers can go to hell.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Im not a expert on Indian politics or culture but maybe they perceive the Republicans foreign policy as being more in line with their interests. I doubt most would care about internal US affairs only how that parties foreign policy interacts with India. I imagine for instance India would want a US gov that is tougher on China but beyond that I am not sure why.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeahhh, I’m not sure how to feel about Modi most of the time. Like for example, I was happy to see Article 370 revoked... but I was uneasy over the resulting lockdown and military crackdown, to say the least. I would understand if only terrorists were being targeted, but ordinary citizens have faced the brunt of it as well; such violence begets more violence, and hate begets more hate. One injustice does not negate the other, it just multiplies. Also, if the government truly wanted Kashmiri Hindus returned to the valley, more effective actions would’ve been taken decades ago - decades.

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Corrupt politician motherfuckers can go to hell.

What's Article 370?

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What's Article 370?

In a nutshell, Article 370 allowed only people born in Kashmir to own land there, among other things. Which neglected descendants of KPs who were forced out during the 1990 genocide and mass exodus. It gave J&K a special status and a certain autonomy which was abused by the powers that be/were for nearly a century.

If we didn’t have Pakistan and India fighting over Kashmir to this day, I might’ve been okay with Kashmir becoming independent now. But I know that if that happens now, it would immediately cause more bloodshed and riots as the Pakistan government would move to seize control.

This is the point of contention between the two countries. And I’m sick of it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In a nutshell, Article 370 allowed only people born in Kashmir to own land there, among other things. Which neglected descendants of KPs who were forced out during the 1990 genocide and mass exodus. It gave J&K a special status and a certain autonomy which was abused by the powers that be/were for nearly a century.

If we didn’t have Pakistan and India fighting over Kashmir to this day, I might’ve been okay with Kashmir becoming independent now. But I know that if that happens now, it would immediately cause more bloodshed and riots as the Pakistan government would move to seize control.

This is the point of contention between the two countries. And I’m sick of it.

What is J&K?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

I don't think we have any asian significantly on the forum (yup, India is in Asia..although not far from the Middle East), just people from America (Im talking from South Argentina to North Canada) and Europe.

My own opinion? Well, as far as I know, Indian is quite conservative and quite traditional, they are full of customs, so I think it is basically explained by that. It seems as an overall trend that, even if Trump hates latin americans, conservatives from Latin America will still like him. The same should go for India.