• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm bored. I want to know my Tritype

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I've made some other typing threads, but I wanted to make a new one focusing on enneagram.

I'm pretty sure 5 is my core type. I want to be competent. I try and know as much as I can before doing things. It is often said that fives fear helplessness, and that is true for me. In a perfect world I wouldn't need anyone's help with anything, and neither would anyone else.

I think I'm a 5w4 because I'm more introspective and individualistic than I would expect 5w6s to be.

I'm really not sure what my heart and gut fixes would be. I just copied this from PC and bolded the things that I relate to

Heart Types

Type 2
Basic Fear: Of being unwanted, unworthy of being loved
Basic Desire: To feel loved

Key Motivations: Want to be loved, to express their feelings for others, to be needed and appreciated, to get others to respond to them, to vindicate their claims about themselves.

Holy Idea: Freedom
Vice: Vainglory
Virtue: Altruism
Basic Drive: To make their ideal image into a reality

Type 3
Basic Fear: Of being worthless
Basic Desire: To feel valuable and worthwhile

Key Motivations: Want to be affirmed, to distinguish themselves from others, to have attention, to be admired, and to impress others.

Holy Idea: Hope
Vice: Deceit
Virtue: Truthfulness
Basic Drive: To be successful

Type 4
Basic Fear: That they have no identity or personal significance
Basic Desire: To find themselves and their significance (to create an identity)

Key Motivations: Want to express themselves and their individuality, to create and surround themselves with beauty, to maintain certain moods and feelings, to withdraw to protect their self-image, to take care of emotional needs before attending to anything else, to attract a "rescuer."

Holy Idea: Origin
Vice: Envy
Virtue: Equanimity (calmness and composure)
Basic Drive: Isolation vs. Connection

Head Types

Type 5
Basic Fear: Being useless, helpless, or incapable
Basic Desire: To be capable and competent

Key Motivations: Want to possess knowledge, to understand the environment, to have everything figured out as a way of defending the self from threats from the environment.

Holy Idea: Omniscience
Vice: Avarice
Virtue: Detachment
Basic Drive: Conservation of Resources

Type 6
Basic Fear: Of being without support and guidance
Basic Desire: To have security and support

Key Motivations: Want to have security, to feel supported by others, to have certitude and reassurance, to test the attitudes of others toward them,to fight against anxiety and insecurity.

Holy Idea: Faith
Vice: Fear
Virtue: Courage
Basic Drive: Survival

Type 7
Basic Fear: Of being deprived and in pain
Basic Desire: To be satisfied and content—to have their needs fulfilled

Key Motivations: Want to maintain their freedom and happiness, to avoid missing out on worthwhile experiences, to keep themselves excited and occupied, to avoid and discharge pain.

Holy Idea: Planning
Vice: Gluttony
Virtue: Sobriety
Basic Drive: Pleasure versus Pain

Body Types

Type 8
Basic Fear: Of being harmed or controlled by others
Basic Desire: To protect themselves (to be in control of their own life and destiny)

Key Motivations: Want to be self-reliant, to prove their strength and resist weakness, to be important in their world, to dominate the environment, and to stay in control of their situation.

Holy Idea: Innocence/Truth
Vice: Lust
Virtue: Magnamity
Basic Drive: Survival (edit: since this is the same as a 6's drive, I'd suggest that the basic drive for an 8 is securing resources?)

Type 9
Basic Fear: Of loss and separation
Basic Desire: To have inner stability "peace of mind"

Key Motivations: Want to create harmony in their environment, to avoid conflicts and tension, to preserve things as they are, to resist whatever would upset or disturb them.

Holy Idea: Love
Vice: Indifference
Virtue: Serenity
Basic Drive: Peace

Type 1
Basic Fear: Of being corrupt/evil, defective
Basic Desire: To be good, to have integrity, to be balanced

Key Motivations: Want to be right, to strive higher and improve everything, to be consistent with their ideals, to justify themselves, to be beyond criticism so as not to be condemned by anyone.

Holy Idea: Perfection
Vice: Resentment
Virtue: Right Action
Basic Drive: To be incorruptible

Judging by what I bolded I guess I would be a 583 or 584, but I want someone else's input.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
It doesn't exist, so our purpose is to make you less bored ;)

Personally, I feel that you vibe as either a 6 or a 9.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It doesn't exist, so our purpose is to make you less bored ;)

Personally, I feel that you vibe as either a 6 or a 9.

I could see 6. I worry all the time, and I get that result on tests from time to time. I don't think I'm a 9, but I see how people might think that.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION]

Which domain do you see as the greater source of your anxieties: the outer world, your inner world, or the conflict caused by the inconsistencies between the two?

Anger and shame. How do you relate to those two emotions? Do you relate to them at all?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION]

Which domain do you see as the greater source of your anxieties: the outer world, your inner world, or the conflict caused by the inconsistencies between the two?

Anger and shame. How do you relate to those two emotions? Do you relate to them at all?

The outer world is what causes my anxieties. My inner world doesn't scare me at all.

I feel angry when I am unable to do what I need to do, and I have a quick temper. It can be annoying because I find it difficult to control myself when angry. I'm not sure about shame, but I feel like it doesn't help me much in life. It just stops me from doing things I need to do. For me shame mostly comes in the form of embarrassment. I wouldn't say I feel shame that much though.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The outer world is what causes my anxieties. My inner world doesn't scare me at all.

I feel angry when I am unable to do what I need to do, and I have a quick temper. It can be annoying because I find it difficult to control myself when angry. I'm not sure about shame, but I feel like it doesn't help me much in life. It just stops me from doing things I need to do. For me shame mostly comes in the form of embarrassment. I wouldn't say I feel shame that much though.

You mention your temper is quick but how do you manage it? Do you have a tendency to bottle and simmer and lash out once the pressure starts to become too much? Or do you freely express it when it comes and let it go once it passes? I don't get the impression that you grapple with guilt over your anger. Or struggle to see it as your "right". Or as a valid way of self-expression. Is that accurate?

Would you say that your frustration is typically triggered by the burden of other's needs? Specifically because aiding them detracts from the resources you have to spend on (defending) yourself? Or are you more agitated by having the things you respect and hold dear ignored and devalued? What do you think about the state of the world? What do you perceive as humanity's greatest strength and greatest flaw?

You may have already read the posts on this topic and already have an idea of what I'm getting at but where do you think your value comes from? Knowing how big the world is and how most of us (all of us?) are barely detectable ripples in the river of time, how do you prove that you matter? How do you think people should go about leaving some lasting impact on the world?

Also, for my own curiosity, what do you think about all these questions?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You mention your temper is quick but how do you manage it? Do you have a tendency to bottle and simmer and lash out once the pressure starts to become too much? Or do you freely express it when it comes and let it go once it passes? I don't get the impression that you grapple with guilt over your anger. Or struggle to see it as your "right". Or as a valid way of self-expression. Is that accurate?

I usually express once it comes, and let it go easily. I only feel guilt if I took it my anger out on someone. So you're right about me not grappling with guilt or anything like that.

Would you say that your frustration is typically triggered by the burden of other's needs? Specifically because aiding them detracts from the resources you have to spend on (defending) yourself? Or are you more agitated by having the things you respect and hold dear ignored and devalued? What do you think about the state of the world? What do you perceive as humanity's greatest strength and greatest flaw?

I'd say the first option fits me more.

I'm honestly not sure about the state of the world. I'm perfectly fine (for now lol), but I know a lot of other people go through living hell everyday, so you could say it depends on which perspective you look at. A lot of people have it good, and are able to function perfectly fine in this. A lot of people have it bad and are dying.

Humanity's greatest strength: The ability to solve complex problems whether brought on by nature or other humans.
Humanity's greatest flaw: The unwillingness to actually solve problems when they must sacrifice something. I'm guilty of this. While I do see this as a roadblock towards progress, I also understand the need to put yourself before others. That doesn't mean it's not important to think logically about what really needs to be done.

You may have already read the posts on this topic and already have an idea of what I'm getting at but where do you think your value comes from? Knowing how big the world is and how most of us (all of us?) are barely detectable ripples in the river of time, how do you prove that you matter? How do you think people should go about leaving some lasting impact on the world?

I think that everyone and everything has a lasting impact whether they want to or not. You being born already impacts your mother, and everyone your mother interacts with. You will impact everyone you interact with, and everyone they interact with. Yes, most of the impacting is indirect and usually isn't notice, but it still happens. Even if it feels like you haven't accomplished much, the world would be a little different if you were never born. That's what I think anyway.

Also, for my own curiosity, what do you think about all these questions?

They were very thought provoking.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
answers support 358. rearrange as you find suitable. others opinions would still be interesting.

[MENTION=24643]Frosty[/MENTION] >.>

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
693 or mayybe 683

6w5 9w8 3w4 is my guess