• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ideal types

Secret Squirrel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I've read lots of things about Intjs and Enfps getting along. And, in my experience, it does seem to be true. But I'm just wondering, is this really a thing? And if it is, are there other pairs like this too, like maybe Infps and Entjs or something? (I've also heard about Infjs and Entps)

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I'm suspicious about this too tbh...
2760919_1338712226899.97res_500_279.jpg

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally, I kind of have a hard time seeing myself with an ENTJ ... I'd probably just be scared of one. But then, I've got a couple ESTJs as best friends and I do tend to bring their soft side out as well as get the Ne rolling so maybe I'd get on with their Te-dom cousins ...

I know an ENFP and INTJ couple who are just the cutest together but I think the INTJ is mistyped ...

Secret Squirrel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm suspicious about this too tbh...
2760919_1338712226899.97res_500_279.jpg

Exactly, this is the reason why I am asking about this, I am just asking this based off of people's experiences. The only ones that I have actually seen a lot of in real life are the Intj/Enfp and Infj/Entp pairing. So that is why I am asking for other types.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
So I've read lots of things about Intjs and Enfps getting along. And, in my experience, it does seem to be true. But I'm just wondering, is this really a thing? And if it is, are there other pairs like this too, like maybe Infps and Entjs or something? (I've also heard about Infjs and Entps)

Two of my closest friends are ENFP's. I adore them. But I wouldn't last 5 minutes in a romantic relationship with either one.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I don't think I'd be able to handle an ENTP long-term. I could totally be wrong, but I just.... I like smart, witty introverted men. I adore INTPs as friends and tend to be very attracted to them, but that inferior Fe would probably be the death of us tbh, unless he was older than me and thus had well developed Fe.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I don't think I'd be able to handle an ENTP long-term. I could totally be wrong, but I just.... I like smart, witty introverted men. I adore INTPs as friends and tend to be very attracted to them, but that inferior Fe would probably be the death of us tbh, unless he was older than me and thus had well developed Fe.

What a bout I dunno an ESTP jc?
ac2e733a1b74c9711b8f34396378cab1.jpg

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's certainly a few ideas floating around the 'ideal' pairings between types. Socionics is interesting in that it runs a little contrary to the MBTI ideals. For example, ILE/SEI (ENTP/ISFJ). Each pairing idea is reasonable in theory I suppose. At least, looking at how they're explained and justified.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
where is my dream ESTP boy

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think the MBTI types that work out together is real thing..
I'm an ENFJ, and according to description I must get along with INFPs, not only there are few INFP men around, but most of them are a little weird :huh:
My INFJ sister deslikes most ENTPs that she's known..

I find myself most attracted to SPs and they're even more attracted to me.. Just like all types are hehehe :smoke: :blush:

I was thinking that I would prefer an FJ guy because they would be more sensitive and understanding, and I really need to be understood, appreciated, and listened to.. But now I think I would judge on how it works with that particular person, based on enneagram maybe, there got to be no e1 or e8 in there, they usually make me anxious ..

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Two of my closest friends are ENFP's. I adore them. But I wouldn't last 5 minutes in a romantic relationship with either one.

That's my feeling regarding romantic relationships with INFPs. There's a definite pull, friendships can be mutually beneficial, but dating would be setting both sides up for failure.

Most NTJ females I know end up with NJ males. INTPs seems to do well with us, too.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ-ENFP and INFJ-ENTP are unusually good matches because they have opposite dominant functions, the same judging functions, and the same second letter. This means that they will look at the world in very similar ways, but will also be different enough to keep each other's interest. I don't think INFP has such a match. I don't think most types do.

Secret Squirrel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's my feeling regarding romantic relationships with INFPs. There's a definite pull, friendships can be mutually beneficial, but dating would be setting both sides up for failure.

Most NTJ females I know end up with NJ males. INTPs seems to do well with us, too.

Maybe you guys are onto something here. I feel like friendships with them might be good but romantic relationships might not work. I actually could see myself getting annoyed if I was in a long-term romantic relationship with an ENFP.