• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Need Help

beatlesandoasis

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site. A friend of mine told me about this site, so I figured I'd join. I've been into mbti for around a year or so now, but I'm still unsure about my type. I usually get INFP on tests, but I'm unsure if this is right, as I've taken tests for functions only and the functions don't add up entirely. I was given a questionnaire by someone and I filled it out

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I have just gotten a few different results on tests before and I got INFp on the socionics test and I've been filling out things about the functions and I have more Fe than Fi, according to those.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for happiness, it is all I want for life. I feel that the meaning in life is to be happy and for the ones I love to be happy as well.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I was probably really into a song I was listening to and imagining I was on stage performing it.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I often find myself feeling inferior to people who I see as smarter than I am. In school, I am in regular classes and I feel envious of those in Honors and AP classes.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
It really depends on what it is, but more often than not I think about how my decision will affect the people involved with it and myself.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I really don't know.. I just kind of go with the flow with projects. I don't plan it out really, I just kind of let everything happen.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
A blink-182 concert a few weeks ago. It was some of the most fun I've ever had in my life. And really anytime I'm writing a new song, I am having a lot of fun because it's a really really amazing experience to me.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I just wanna try it out myself to see how everything works, so hands on.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm very unorganized. My room is always a mess, my backpack and school stuff is just a bunch of random papers and books thrown together. My playlists and stuff I listen to arent organized either. I have one notebook that I use as a journal and songwriting notebook, it's unorganized, just a bunch of that stuff thrown together.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principles behind it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I try to find harmony with everyone I can, I want everyone to be happy, myself and others.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I usually think before I speak because I'm really shy around people, even my friends and stuff. I prefer one on one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Usually, I'd like to know what I'm doing first but sometimes I'll jump right into it.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'll tell them no

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get sad and angry. I mope around and feel like everything around me sucks, including myself. I also just feel pissed off about everything.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't like people who are fake. One of the most important things to me is being your true self and I really don't like people who don't do that. I also don't like people who act like they're better than others.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like to talk about music. I can talk about music with literally anyone, regardless of how shy I am. I also enjoy having deep and meaningful conversations with people I'm close to.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
I'm really not sure.. Probably a lot of little things, but I can't really think of just one.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Some friends perceive me as a mega pothead because they say I'm really chill, mellow, and care free. They aren't wrong about that, other than the pothead part. Others say I'm super serious. None of my friends would call me loud, outgoing, energetic, etc. because I am almost always the shyest one in a group of friends.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'd probably sleep as late as I wanted to. After that, I'd do nothing all day but listen to music and play guitar probably. I'd also check some of the sites I visit regularly and text some of my friends.

What type do you think I am guys?

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
Hi there, welcome to the forum!!

I'm not very good at typing people from written descriptions, but INFP sounds fine to me :) What you said about being authentic is relevant for Fi, and well, disorderliness and "going with the flow" is definitely P. Let's see what other members with more experience typing solely from text can say about that.

The discrepancies in tests can be due to what "stereotype" of the functions the test chose, or if they consider the functions at all or just go with the raw I/E, N/S, T/F, P/J dichotomies. Reading and identifying what feels real to you.

sardonic delight

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I lean towards ISFP. You seem to live in the moment more and ISFPs are considered the most intuitive of the sensors.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would say ISFP based on this.
What makes you relate more to Fe though? Or is it just how you happened to test?
I don't get a Fe flavor from this.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You sound very ISFP . Being myself FP we do share some common traits.

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hello there, welcome to this forum! I'll share some thoughts regarding your responses.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I often find myself feeling inferior to people who I see as smarter than I am. In school, I am in regular classes and I feel envious of those in Honors and AP classes.

Could indicate inferior Te.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I really don't know.. I just kind of go with the flow with projects. I don't plan it out really, I just kind of let everything happen.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm very unorganized. My room is always a mess, my backpack and school stuff is just a bunch of random papers and books thrown together. My playlists and stuff I listen to arent organized either. I have one notebook that I use as a journal and songwriting notebook, it's unorganized, just a bunch of that stuff thrown together.

Indicates a perceiving function that is pretty high on your function stack, probably a 'p'.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like to talk about music. I can talk about music with literally anyone, regardless of how shy I am. I also enjoy having deep and meaningful conversations with people I'm close to.
Enjoying having deep and meaningful conversations is a trait of an INFP. A short description of INFP that I found that maybe you could read and see if you relate to it: 'Experiencing conversation that doesn’t hold emotional intelligence or introspective thought, is one of the worst things for an INFP. They will probably find themselves zoning out and daydreaming during superficial conversations.'
Source: The Things That Drain Each Personality Type Most

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't like people who are fake. One of the most important things to me is being your true self and I really don't like people who don't do that. I also don't like people who act like they're better than others.
Fi since you value authencity and being your own true self.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I just wanna try it out myself to see how everything works, so hands on.
This is Se.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principles behind it.
Ti actually.

Overall, I would say you are probably an introvert and a perciever. I haven't actually seen much Ne in your post but I have noted Se as mentioned above. The trying to understand the principles behind new ideas actually indicates Ti, but I would think you are Fi-Te since I can see quite some Fi. I am actually slightly leaning towards ISFP since I saw Se, but maybe are you like more in the moment type of person and like doing physical activities such as sports, or are you do type whom brainstorms a lot of different ideas and may sometimes even say quirkly things? (Hope I'm not really doing an generalisations here)

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem like an IxFP, I lean towards ISFP from your description of your stressed behaviors though.