• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Can't Determine My MBTI Type

I've taken the free version of the 16 Personality MBTI test a few times in the past (Only 17 yrs. old and broke), and I always end up getting caught between being pegged as either an ENTJ or and ENFJ. I very much relate to both personality types and find that both tend to describe me- others that know me personally and are familiar with MBTI Personality state that I can seem like both as well.

*The last time I took the test, I scored as an ENTJ, with 48% Feeling and 52% Thinking (This was a few weeks back), and I know a lot more goes into it than just the four letter descriptors, but I haven't bothered to look into that.

*Today I retook the test to see my result, because as I've said, I fall between the two and I wanted to see if that applied still. My result was ENFJ with 45% Judging and 55% Feeling. Am I really just on the border, and how would I be able to settle on one?

*Or rather, do I need some type of professional help for apparently being crazy and caught between two personalities? Haha, anyways, any input is welcome, thanks! :)

Last edited:

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're probably a T; the way you used the word broke as a key descriptor of yourself in this introduction as well as your desire for the objectivity of a test to determine your result makes this seem more likely. Most true ENFJs also wouldn't include their middle initial in their forum name for a place like this... much too formal and impersonal. Why are you so dead-set on N, beyond the test results?

Haha, that's a good observation, thanks for the good input, I really appreciate it! But there's something I'm confused about, maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you meant, but what do you mean by "N"? Are you referring to the "Intuition" trait present in both types represented by the letter "N"? On another note, in person I have more of a bright personality, and I like to relate to others through feelings as well as ideas, making my self and others laugh, bringing others together as a group, and having a good time while also being focused on whatever we are working towards. This might be a horrible preconception, but I've looked at a lot of ENTJ descriptions and it seems like the ENTJ type is more detached emotionally, but I find that I'm rather in tuned with my own feelings and the feelings of those around me. Could it be that I'm more of an expressive type of ENTJ, or I just have a horrible preconception on what the type is like due to stereotypes and the such?

Last edited:

Hexmeister

Take it from me, retaking those tests over and over isn't going to get you closer to your true type. Quite the opposite. It sounds like you utilize extroverted feeling. I would consider esfj or enfj... Would need more general info about you

I'm starting to grasp what you all have been telling me and it makes total sense, thank you. Though, I definitely don't have an "S"- I'm a total "N" in all regards. Some general positive and negative habits/traits I have might yield some insight (The negative ones are hard to admit, but I'm gonna own em' anyways :thumbup: ) I hope this is enough:

*Extremely driven
*Love challenges
*Love to motivate/ caring for others
*Impatient
*Intolerant of those that cross my self-imposed rules
*Relates through ideas, abstracts, and feelings
*Thoroughly analyzing scenarios before acting
*Leading a team, whether at work or school (I hate when others are in charge)
*Uniting others
*Can be confrontational
*Happy (spread the joy)
*Big dreamer! But focused on the real world and how efficiently I am working towards said dreams
*Fun loving; work hard AND play hard :D

bibliobibuli

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Going by typical N or S traits isn't going to help anyone to determine your type. It's biased and doesn't provide any insight. I would suggest filling in one of the questionnaires, once you did so I will help you out.