• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do YOU type yourself?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
If it has nothing to do with MBTI, then I wouldn't use it with cognitive functions. Cognitive functions encompass both N-S and F-T.
It does have to do with MBTI. Intuition and sensing are the perception functions.

This really isn't hard to understand. The only thing making it confusing is that MBTI shouldn't use P and J as the last letter when it already has a use.

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
It does have to do with MBTI. Intuition and sensing are the perception functions.

This really isn't hard to understand. The only thing making it confusing is that MBTI shouldn't use P and J as the last letter when it already has a use.

J and P have to do with whether the person prefers to place things where they picked it up, or drop things where they last used it. Attaching extroversion and introversion to that makes no sense.

Intuition and Sensing are also cognitive functions, though I can understand if you call them "Time Perception Functions".

INFJ, while using Ni-Se and Fe-Ti in the Forward Time Plane (or energetic manifestation), is using Si-Ne and Te-Fi in the Backward Time Plane (or physical manifestation). Whether you call Forward Time Plane as Ji-Pe, and Backward Time Plane as Pi-Je, is another matter.

This way, INFJ and INTJ, as well as ENFJ and ENTJ, would be using Ji-Pe

ESTP and ESFP, as well as ISTP and ISFP, would be using Pe-Ji

ENTP and ENFP, as well as INFP and INTP, would be using Pi-Je

ISFJ and ISTJ, as well as ESFJ and ESTJ, would be using Je-Pi

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Perceptions and judgements, Pi, Pe, Ji and Je. It’s the cornerstone of personalities. The manifestation of it in differing situations is conveyed as behaviour. People love to type based on behaviour, because it’s pattern recognition and ascription.
It is akin to the complexity of a computer. An operating system is a complex thing that derived from a core binary system which is very simplistic in nature, just 0s and 1s.

Your definitions of function dichotomies I don’t entirely agree with because you cannot ascribe one and the other as a whole. For example, when you say Te-Fi deals with analysing energies and emotions within the body this does not define Te at all. Quite the opposite, Te is the mental protocol in which one would take a logical set of actions that brings one from an external situation A to external situation B. If you want to dichotomise the functions you can dichotomise them on the introversion/extraversion scale (eg Ti-Te) or the logical/emotional scale (eg Ti-Fi) but Te-Fi ‘scale’ would not work.

Chapter 10 of Jung’s Psychological types defines pictures of each of the functions. I would recommend reading it for a clearer understanding of how each function differs to the next.
Apologies if this is off-topic, but I read up on Extraverted Intuition because I wanted to learn more about them because, oh, I don't know, just reasons.

I just noted this which I thought was of interest:

The morality of the [extraverted intuitive] is governed neither by intellect nor by feeling; he has his own characteristic morality, which consists in a loyalty to his intuitive view of things and a voluntary submission to its authority, Consideration for the welfare of his neighbors is weak. No solid argument hinges upon their well-being any more than upon his own. Neither can we detect in him any great respect for his neighbor's convictions and customs; in fact, he is not infrequently put down as an immoral and ruthless adventurer.

I think that seems a little harsh, and makes ENFPs sound evil, which I don't think is true. I can see where he's coming from, though. For instance I sort of was talking with a woman on a dating site who I typed as ENFP. We were great at being goofy and silly together which I loved and we had fun playing board games online. She had El Salvadorean and Ukrainian (not 100% sure I'm remembering the Ukrainian part right) heritage. She had skin the color of bronze, dark hair and gorgeous brown puppy eyes. She said to me "I want to see you smile more" which made my heart melt. We were going to meet in person that weekend. Then, on Friday she stopped texting me, which had previously been quite prodigious.

Finally, in the evening, she explained that there was someone else with whom there was a better dynamic and that she wanted to pursue that, instead. She apologized and said really sweet things about me as she told me this. I don't think she's a bad person, but I would be lying if the experience didn't upset me.

Personally, if It were me in her shoes I don't think I would have said something like that unless I knew I was ready to go all in.

I think INTJs have similar relationships to their emotions and the process of getting close to other people, which is why I'm not sure that the idea this forum has had in the past that INTJ and ENFP are the best match is correct. I think ENFPs can definitely make INTJs happy but I'm not sure they would be willing to go for the long haul. Of course, if that is not what the INTJ wants, that would probably work.

I'm just bringing all this up to illustrated why I think the idea that there is a certain disinterest that Extraverted Intuitive types might have with regards to the needs of others.

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
@Pionart

Because the cognitive functions are connected, it might be better to see them as such, for example:

Intuitive MBTI Types
INFJNi-SeFe-TiJi-Pe
INTJNi-SeTe-FiJi-Pe
ENFJFe-TiNi-SeJi-Pe
ENTJTe-FiNi-SeJi-Pe
ENTPNe-SiTi-FePi-Je
ENFPNe-SiFi-TePi-Je
INTPTi-FeNe-SiPi-Je
INFPFi-TeNe-SiPi-Je

Sensing MBTI Types
ESTPSe-NiTi-FePe-Ji
ESFPSe-NiFi-TePe-Ji
ISTPTi-FeSe-NiPe-Ji
ISFPFi-TeSe-NiPe-Ji
ISFJSi-NeFe-TiJe-Pi
ISTJSi-NeTe-FiJe-Pi
ESFJFe-TiSi-NeJe-Pi
ESTJTe-FiSi-NeJe-Pi

Though for this, it's important to explain that the extroversion and introversion in the J-P dichotomy is for Forward Time Plane, to lessen confusion about what it means to be extroverted J or P. Previously, I have thought that J and P are tied to whether a person is extroverted or introverted, and whether the uses Ni-Se or Si-Ne. For example, an introvert with Ni-Se would be INxJ. Now after thinking about how N-S dichotomy has to do with Time Perception, extroversion and introversion for J-P starts to make sense, especially with respect to Forward Time and Backwards Time.

Last edited: