• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do YOU type yourself?

Skimt

I type myself by how I solve problems at work, hobby, and video games, but if I type myself by how I approach romantic relationships I would probably come out as a different type.

What do you look at when you type yourself?
Is that what you should be looking at when you type yourself?

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Personality is relative, which means to understand one dichotomy you have to understand the other. In this sense, you have to read upon all the MBTI personality types, which you can do so at this link: profile descriptions.

Also, answer the questions:
Is there someone you know who is an extrovert? How is he or she an extrovert?
Is there someone you know who is an introvert? How is he or she an introvert? What is the difference between the introvert and extrovert?
Do you know anybody to be a Sensor? If so, who? How is he or she different from an intuitive?
What is Fe-Ti or Ti-Fe? Do you know someone who is extroverted feeling?
What is Fi-Te or Te-Fi? Do you know someone who has introverted feeling?
Do you know who is an ENTP? Do you know someone who is ENTJ? How is someone with P different from someone with J? (knowing the cognitive functions, and how they are ordered for each MBTI type, might help with this)

This website, containing facial typings of MBTI types, might be of help as well:
mbti-typings.my-free.website/

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I type myself with text typing. I have the INFJ function order much of the time.

I tend to type other people by the voice.

Skimt

If you received the following on a questionnaire:
  • "I lay out steps for others to complete tasks in time and resource efficient ways."
  • "I ask whether or not thinking is right."
  • "I easily discern others needs, values or preferences."
  • "I often feel strongly that something is good or bad."
  • "I easily recognize shared values, feelings, or social norms."
  • "I continually evaluate what is worth believing in and what's important to me personally."
  • "I focus on outcomes and objective reality - does something work or doesn't it?"
  • "I'm more focused on the process than the outcome."
What would be the first thing that came to your mind? Would the first thing that came to your mind be drawn from work, social or intimate experiences? Or do you mix your experiences until you can no longer discern colleague from friend or sexual partner in your questionnaire? Same applies for when you're reading about the Jungian functions.

If you mix up your experiences, doesn't your MTBI type change over time depending on where you are at in your life, at work and in private?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is an issue in itself. MBTI and on a deeper level, Jungian psychological types should essentially be the core perceptions of how we see the world, not particularly behavioural, because behaviour can alter depending on the situation but that alteration is due to the correct mental elements placed in correctly from an initial core perception that causes one to behave in that particular way.
Like the example of an INFJ understanding how to adapt and change behaviour based on who they talk to in order to accommodate the feelings of the person, in whichever way the INFJ would like. The core perception here for the INFJ that makes them an INFJ is that if they would simply fully understand and adopt the perceptions of others, there would always be a method to solve the underlying mental problems of all humans, which in the greater good of things, could bring about more harmony in the world. Core perceptions make up the INFJ, even though they could very well behave very differently in different scenarios.

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
If you received the following on a questionnaire:
  • "I lay out steps for others to complete tasks in time and resource efficient ways."
  • "I ask whether or not thinking is right."
  • "I easily discern others needs, values or preferences."
  • "I often feel strongly that something is good or bad."
  • "I easily recognize shared values, feelings, or social norms."
  • "I continually evaluate what is worth believing in and what's important to me personally."
  • "I focus on outcomes and objective reality - does something work or doesn't it?"
  • "I'm more focused on the process than the outcome."
What would be the first thing that came to your mind? Would the first thing that came to your mind be drawn from work, social or intimate experiences? Or do you mix your experiences until you can no longer discern colleague from friend or sexual partner in your questionnaire? Same applies for when you're reading about the Jungian functions.

If you mix up your experiences, doesn't your MTBI type change over time depending on where you are at in your life, at work and in private?

This is an issue in itself. MBTI and on a deeper level, Jungian psychological types should essentially be the core perceptions of how we see the world, not particularly behavioural, because behaviour can alter depending on the situation but that alteration is due to the correct mental elements placed in correctly from an initial core perception that causes one to behave in that particular way.
Like the example of an INFJ understanding how to adapt and change behaviour based on who they talk to in order to accommodate the feelings of the person, in whichever way the INFJ would like. The core perception here for the INFJ that makes them an INFJ is that if they would simply fully understand and adopt the perceptions of others, there would always be a method to solve the underlying mental problems of all humans, which in the greater good of things, could bring about more harmony in the world. Core perceptions make up the INFJ, even though they could very well behave very differently in different scenarios.

I feel like people ascribe more to the dichotomies than what's actually there. For example, introversion is simply that a person prefers to be in the crowd, while extroversion is when a person likes to be at the center of attention.

Ni-Se deals with receiving information for the present time-frame, while Ne-Si deals with receiving information for all possible time-frame.

Ti-Fe deals with analyzing the energies and emotions outside the body. Te-Fi deals with analyzing the energies and emotions within the body.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel like people ascribe more to the dichotomies than what's actually there. For example, introversion is simply that a person prefers to be in the crowd, while extroversion is when a person likes to be at the center of attention.

Ni-Se deals with receiving information for the present time-frame, while Ne-Si deals with receiving information for all possible time-frame.

Ti-Fe deals with analyzing the energies and emotions outside the body. Te-Fi deals with analyzing the energies and emotions within the body.
Perceptions and judgements, Pi, Pe, Ji and Je. It’s the cornerstone of personalities. The manifestation of it in differing situations is conveyed as behaviour. People love to type based on behaviour, because it’s pattern recognition and ascription.
It is akin to the complexity of a computer. An operating system is a complex thing that derived from a core binary system which is very simplistic in nature, just 0s and 1s.

Your definitions of function dichotomies I don’t entirely agree with because you cannot ascribe one and the other as a whole. For example, when you say Te-Fi deals with analysing energies and emotions within the body this does not define Te at all. Quite the opposite, Te is the mental protocol in which one would take a logical set of actions that brings one from an external situation A to external situation B. If you want to dichotomise the functions you can dichotomise them on the introversion/extraversion scale (eg Ti-Te) or the logical/emotional scale (eg Ti-Fi) but Te-Fi ‘scale’ would not work.

Chapter 10 of Jung’s Psychological types defines pictures of each of the functions. I would recommend reading it for a clearer understanding of how each function differs to the next.

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Perceptions and judgements, Pi, Pe, Ji and Je. It’s the cornerstone of personalities. The manifestation of it in differing situations is conveyed as behaviour. People love to type based on behaviour, because it’s pattern recognition and ascription.
It is akin to the complexity of a computer. An operating system is a complex thing that derived from a core binary system which is very simplistic in nature, just 0s and 1s.

Your definitions of function dichotomies I don’t entirely agree with because you cannot ascribe one and the other as a whole. For example, when you say Te-Fi deals with analysing energies and emotions within the body this does not define Te at all. Quite the opposite, Te is the mental protocol in which one would take a logical set of actions that brings one from an external situation A to external situation B. If you want to dichotomise the functions you can dichotomise them on the introversion/extraversion scale (eg Ti-Te) or the logical/emotional scale (eg Ti-Fi) but Te-Fi ‘scale’ would not work.

Chapter 10 of Jung’s Psychological types defines pictures of each of the functions. I would recommend reading it for a clearer understanding of how each function differs to the next.

Your description of Te-Fi is actually Logic Intelligence Temperament, which is based on cause-and-effect.

Interestingly, the Te-Fi of Ti-Fe users manifests in Backwards-Time and is rooted in the physical dimension (this might allow them to get a feel for things or objects, like how durable or stable they are). Similarly, that Ti-Fe for Te-Fi users is also rooted in the physical dimension, and associated with Backwards-Time (which allows them to get a solution for possible things or objects).

Also, there are no Pi, Pe, Ji, Je, because those J and P dichotomy is dependent on whether a person is introverted or extroverted, and whether the person uses Te-Fi or Fe-Ti. For example, ENTP is extroverted and Ti-Fe user, while ENTJ is extroverted and Te-Fi user. On the other hand, ENFP is extroverted and Fi-Te user, while ENFJ is extroverted and Fe-Ti user.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your description of Te-Fi is actually Logic Intelligence Temperament, which is based on cause-and-effect.

Interestingly, the Te-Fi of Ti-Fe users manifests in Backwards-Time and is rooted in the physical dimension (this might allow them to get a feel for things or objects, like how durable or stable they are). Similarly, that Ti-Fe for Te-Fi users is also rooted in the physical dimension, and associated with Backwards-Time (which allows them to get a solution for possible things or objects).

Also, there are no Pi, Pe, Ji, Je, because those J and P dichotomy is dependent on whether a person is introverted or extroverted, and whether the person uses Te-Fi or Fe-Ti. For example, ENTP is extroverted and Ti-Fe user, while ENTJ is extroverted and Te-Fi user. On the other hand, ENFP is extroverted and Fi-Te user, while ENFJ is extroverted and Fe-Ti user.
As well as it is to overlap two different mental based theories it should not be done until both have a general establishment as to the core of what it is trying to define.

My description of Te-Fi was not a description of Te-Fi. It was a description of Te. And from my understanding, you like to derive a singular core philosophy of Te-Fi, Ti-Fe, Ni-Se, and Ne-Si which I'm struggling to understand your source from other than people who have one function, having it's 'opposed' function as part of their personality. It does not seem to derive from Jung's Psychological types which is the core root of what MBTI, as well as Socionics (albeit with their derivatives). To say there is no Pi, Pe, Ji and Je is devaluing that source in and of itself as Jung defined the functions as such.

The functions can be defined simply.
Je functions are external/objective protocols, thus denoting their influence to the external world whether it be through systematic understanding or emotional understanding. Extraverted Judgement: Te and Fe

Pe
functions are external/objective perceptions, providing the derived viewpoints of a situation through connections or senses in its most raw form without subject to interpretation. Extraverted Perception: Ne and Se

Ji
functions are internal/subjective protocols, systems of which make sense to the person themselves thus denoting warped ethics/morals or a warped way in which things work unique to the individuals themselves. Introverted Judgement: Fi and Ti

Pi
functions are internal/subjective perceptions, stimuli and connections warped towards a person's personal viewpoint unique to the person themselves. Introverted Perception: Ni and Si

The perfectly symmetrical understanding of the functions and how each human pertains their core to one as well as why they have it's opposing one as a minor function works in the full explanation of this. Your thoughts of Backwards-Time and Judgement functions manifesting in 'Backwards-Time' and rooted in the physical dimensions goes against the Jungian understanding of this. I'm happy for you to explain this further so I can understand where this is derived from, or even a source of your information.

Skimt

If you type yourself based on hypotheticals from Jung's journals written in 1917, what is your process? Do you begin by reading about and relating to the rational and irrational types, then proceed by reading in depth on and relating to the introverted irrational types? If so, how do you relate to the excerpts you're reading about?

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
If you type yourself based on hypotheticals from Jung's journals written in 1917, what is your process? Do you begin by reading about and relating to the rational and irrational types, then proceed by reading in depth on and relating to the introverted irrational types? If so, how do you relate to the excerpts you're reading about?

MBTI is derived from the work of Myers-Briggs, so I'm not sure why you would type your self from the work of Jung. Jung lays the foundation with respect to introversion and extroversion, as well as thinking and feeling (from what I've heard).

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
As well as it is to overlap two different mental based theories it should not be done until both have a general establishment as to the core of what it is trying to define.

My description of Te-Fi was not a description of Te-Fi. It was a description of Te. And from my understanding, you like to derive a singular core philosophy of Te-Fi, Ti-Fe, Ni-Se, and Ne-Si which I'm struggling to understand your source from other than people who have one function, having it's 'opposed' function as part of their personality. It does not seem to derive from Jung's Psychological types which is the core root of what MBTI, as well as Socionics (albeit with their derivatives). To say there is no Pi, Pe, Ji and Je is devaluing that source in and of itself as Jung defined the functions as such.

The functions can be defined simply.
Je functions are external/objective protocols, thus denoting their influence to the external world whether it be through systematic understanding or emotional understanding. Extraverted Judgement: Te and Fe

Pe
functions are external/objective perceptions, providing the derived viewpoints of a situation through connections or senses in its most raw form without subject to interpretation. Extraverted Perception: Ne and Se

Ji
functions are internal/subjective protocols, systems of which make sense to the person themselves thus denoting warped ethics/morals or a warped way in which things work unique to the individuals themselves. Introverted Judgement: Fi and Ti

Pi
functions are internal/subjective perceptions, stimuli and connections warped towards a person's personal viewpoint unique to the person themselves. Introverted Perception: Ni and Si

The perfectly symmetrical understanding of the functions and how each human pertains their core to one as well as why they have it's opposing one as a minor function works in the full explanation of this. Your thoughts of Backwards-Time and Judgement functions manifesting in 'Backwards-Time' and rooted in the physical dimensions goes against the Jungian understanding of this. I'm happy for you to explain this further so I can understand where this is derived from, or even a source of your information.

Te is tied with Fi, meaning there cannot be one without the other in a MBTI type. Similarly, Fe is tied with Ti.

Looking at this, Je and Ji wouldn't make sense, because Te is tied with Fi, so in INTJ, the person would be introverted Ji (according to your reasoning), yet using Te primary with respect to Fi. The only way that would make sense is if the person is ENFJ or ENTJ, in which case their Te or Fe would be at the forefront relative to their Ni, though your Je would still cause confusions.

A better way is to tie the J and P with whether the person is introverted or extroverted (being tied to extroversion or introversion dichotomy does not imply that Je, Ji, Pe, and Pi exist), and whether that person uses Te-Fi or Fe-Ti.

J is simply whether that person prefers to place objects back where the person picked it up. P is whether the person prefers to drop the object off at where the person last used it.

INFJNiFeTiSe
INTJNiTeFiSe
ENTPNeTiFeSi
ENFPNeFiTeSi
ENFJFeNiSeTi
ENTJTeNiSeFi
INFPFiNeSiTe
INTPTiNeSiFe

ISFJSiFeTiNe
ISTJSiTeFiNe
ESTPSeTiFeNi
ESFPSeFiTeNi
ESFJFeSiNeTi
ESTJTeSiNeFi
ISFPFiSeNiTe
ISTPTiSeNiFe

Last edited:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Te is tied with Fi, meaning there cannot be one without the other in a MBTI type. Similarly, Fe is tied with Ti.

Looking at this, Je and Ji wouldn't make sense, because Te is tied with Fi, so in INTJ, the person would be introverted Ji (according to your reasoning), yet using Te primary with respect to Fi. The only way that would make sense is if the person is ENFJ or ENTJ, in which case their Te or Fe would be at the forefront relative to their Ni, though your Je would still cause confusions.

A better way is to tie the J and P with whether the person has the introversion or extroversion dichotomy, and whether that person uses Te-Fi or Fe-Ti.

INFJNiFeTiSe
INTJNiTeFiSe
ENTPNeTiFeSi
ENFPNeFiTeSi
ENFJFeNiSeTi
ENTJTeNiSeFi
INFPFiNeSiTe
INTPTiNeSiFe

ISFJSiFeTiNe
ISTJSiTeFiNe
ESTPSeTiFeNi
ESFPSeFiTeNi
ESFJFeSiNeTi
ESTJTeSiNeFi
ISFPFiSeNiTe
ISTPTiSeNiFe
Yes, your order of psychological types are correct for each personality type and I fully well know this, but you are missing the fundamental point here.

An INTJ is a Ni-dom which makes them a Pi-dominant type regardless if they have Se or not. Their Se is their inferior function. You cannot explain Ni-Se as the same thing. You can explain Ni, and explain why when you have Ni, you must also have Se, but their definitions are similar to that of a light source and a shadow, you can explain a light, and you can explain a shadow and they must coexist, but you cannot say one is the other.

Secondly the system in which I portrayed out also explains why when you have Ni, you would also have Se. An Ni user would be on the 2-dimensional dichotomies of Ni-Si and Ni-Ne, not Ni-Se. Ni-Se becomes a 4-dimensional dichotomy that Thus leaving out their ‘flip side’ to adopt the Se function as their usage of external perception which cannot be Ne or Si as these share 1 property each of the two properties of Ni.

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, your order of psychological types are correct for each personality type and I fully well know this, but you are missing the fundamental point here.

An INTJ is a Ni-dom which makes them a Pi-dominant type regardless if they have Se or not. Their Se is their inferior function. You cannot explain Ni-Se as the same thing. You can explain Ni, and explain why when you have Ni, you must also have Se, but their definitions are similar to that of a light source and a shadow, you can explain a light, and you can explain a shadow and they must coexist, but you cannot say one is the other.

Secondly the system in which I portrayed out also explains why when you have Ni, you would also have Se. An Ni user would be on the 2-dimensional dichotomies of Ni-Si and Ni-Ne, not Ni-Se. Ni-Se becomes a 4-dimensional dichotomy that Thus leaving out their ‘flip side’ to adopt the Se function as their usage of external perception which cannot be Ne or Si as these share 1 property each of the two properties of Ni.

There is no Je or Ji, Pe or Pi, because like how introversion is preference for being in the crowd, and extroversion is preference for being on stage, there is nothing extroversion or introversion about J or P, which is simply how a person either prefers to put things back where they picked it up (J), or drop things where they last used them (P). Again, there is nothing extroverted or introverted about this.

This is different for sensing and intuition, as well as feeling and thinking though. While people have access to all of them, they are placed differently with respect to Forward Time (energetic plane) and Backward time (physical plane).

There is no Ni-Si (or Ne-Se) in the same Forward Time plane. For the Forward Time plane, it's just Ni-Se (along with Ne-Si). In other words, you cannot have Forward Time in the same dimension as Backward Time. Also, Ni-Ne doesn't make sense, because you cannot be both introverted and extroverted at the same time.

You can understand it this way:

Ne is focused on the present and the future
Si is focused on the past and the present
Ni is focused on the past and the future
Se is focused on the present

Last edited:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is no Je or Ji, Pe or Pi, because like how introversion is preference for being in the crowd, and extroversion is preference for being on stage, there is nothing extroversion or introversion about J or P, which is simply how a person either prefers to put things back where they picked it up (J), or drop things where they last used them (P). Again, there is nothing extroverted or introverted about this.

This is different for sensing and intuition, as well as feeling and thinking though. While people have access to all of them, they are placed differently with respect to Forward Time (energetic plane) and Backward time (physical plane).

There is no Ni-Si (or Ne-Se) in the same Forward Time plane. For the Forward Time plane, it's just Ni-Se (along with Ne-Si). In other words, you cannot have Forward Time in the same dimension as Backward Time.
Ok, we're looking at entirely different systems for this. This is why I asked you for sources or reference to your information about the functions which you haven't provided. Furthermore the introversion extraversion definition you've stated also holds strange bearings, even if you've taken the pop psychology approach to those definitions. Introversion wanting to be in a crowd and extraversion wanting to be on stage. What of the people who neither want to be in a crowd (which I assume you mean blending in) nor on stage (which I assume you mean putting in the limelight\attention-seeking)? Anyway, that's besides the point.

The system of MBTI is built on top of Jung's psychological types. Jung's psychological types aims to explain the deep rooted psychological perceptions and compulsions towards experiences. This means you can't sit back and say "oh, that person's just extraverted so he likes being around people, or being in the limelight, etc." You have to explain how this person sees the world, and how they are compelled to being 'extraverted' which is deep rooted. Te, Fe, Se and Ne are psychological functions (protocols and perceptions) that are directed externally, which is why they are extraverted functions, which is also why those who use those functions as their dominant function is called, in MBTI terms, an Extravert, and vice versa to be said for an introvert. How those functions mold these extravert's lives generally incline those who use those functions to do things a typical 'extravert' would do in the way pop psychology likes to explain it.

You can understand it this way:

Ne is focused on the present and the future
Si is focused on the past and the present
Ni is focused on the past and the future
Se is focused on the present
These understandings of the functions does not do anything to explain what process the mind goes through with these functions and furthermore, I'd like to know where you got this from because even if you do go to the core of these function's explanations from Carl Jung, it does not explain these functions in terms of these particular timescale focuses.

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ok, we're looking at entirely different systems for this. This is why I asked you for sources or reference to your information about the functions which you haven't provided. Furthermore the introversion extraversion definition you've stated also holds strange bearings, even if you've taken the pop psychology approach to those definitions. Introversion wanting to be in a crowd and extraversion wanting to be on stage. What of the people who neither want to be in a crowd (which I assume you mean blending in) nor on stage (which I assume you mean putting in the limelight\attention-seeking)? Anyway, that's besides the point.

The system of MBTI is built on top of Jung's psychological types. Jung's psychological types aims to explain the deep rooted psychological perceptions and compulsions towards experiences. This means you can't sit back and say "oh, that person's just extraverted so he likes being around people, or being in the limelight, etc." You have to explain how this person sees the world, and how they are compelled to being 'extraverted' which is deep rooted. Te, Fe, Se and Ne are psychological functions (protocols and perceptions) that are directed externally, which is why they are extraverted functions, which is also why those who use those functions as their dominant function is called, in MBTI terms, an Extravert, and vice versa to be said for an introvert. How those functions mold these extravert's lives generally incline those who use those functions to do things a typical 'extravert' would do in the way pop psychology likes to explain it.

These understandings of the functions does not do anything to explain what process the mind goes through with these functions and furthermore, I'd like to know where you got this from because even if you do go to the core of these function's explanations from Carl Jung, it does not explain these functions in terms of these particular timescale focuses.

Being extroverted or the-center-of-attention, and wanting to be famous or popular, are very different. For wanting to be famous or popular, you want to have greater influence on a greater number of people, which is not the case with what extroversion means.

Also, while MBTI does a great job in grouping people into categories, you also have to consider the Temperaments.

You can check out the MBTI+ Temperaments (while the temperaments can be understood solo, it's built on the basis of MBTI, meaning they are better appreciated after taking MBTI into account):

For a start, you can check out information about these:
Angel Number Manifestation (aka Enneagram or Natural Numbers)
Psychic Modality and Intuitive Preference (and Work Temperament)
Emotional Repression Release
Multiple Intelligence or Intelligence Temperament
Champion Temperament
Career Temperament
Environment Temperament
Resource Temperament
Mind Temperament (Cerebro-Neuro)
Directional Temperament
Frequency Temperament

As for the sources, some of the information, like the information pertaining to time and intuition-sensing, is inspired by online posts. Information about certain Temperament systems are inspired by others (especially psychic modality and intuitive preference, angel number manifestation, emotional repression release, etc.). Other temperament systems are done through personal observation and analysis, and with respect to Emotional Repression Release, expanded upon.

Last edited:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Pi just means Ni and/or Si. It's like saying T for Ti and/or Te.

It's a useful term. If you don't like it don't use it.

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Pi just means Ni and/or Si. It's like saying T for Ti and/or Te.

It's a useful term. If you don't like it don't use it.

P just means the person prefers to drop things off where he or she last used it. Saying it's introverted or extroverted doesn't make sense though.

Being tied to whether the person is introverted or extroverted (and considering whether the person uses Fe-Ti or Te-Fi in the energetic sphere), does not mean that Pi or Pe exist. Unless you mean Pi is the Backwards Traveling Time or the Physical Plane manifestation, though that doesn't have anything to do with the MBTI type.

Last edited:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Intuition and sensing are regarded as perception functions. That's where the P comes from. It's not the same P in the MBTI code.

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Intuition and sensing are regarded as perception functions. That's where the P comes from. It's not the same P in the MBTI code.

If it has nothing to do with MBTI, then I wouldn't use it with cognitive functions. Cognitive functions encompass both N-S and F-T.