• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you define depth? What even is it, and does it matter?

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
In my view its something that comes naturally as you overcome personal struggles. Someone may argue that people who think deeply about topics and engage into intellectual conversations around them are deep, but i dont necessarily agree. The difference in opinion and stance between someone who has gone through an experience and someone who just analyzes it is usually obvious. Looking at the big picture is something that can help you find solutions but it usually keeps you detached from the details that are the cause of the struggle to begin with.

It also depends on self awareness of course. Going on autopilot in life without analyzing how you are affected or change as you move forward wont give you any depth. So self reflecting is the other essential factor to reach it. Examining your stance in life helps you become more aware of the position others take which makes forming an opinion about it much easier.

EDIT: I was defining how i view depth of character here. Depth in general can mean a lot of things depending on context.
Ironically, I think this barely scratches the surface of this topic. There's so much more that can be said. It's just the tip of the iceberg.