• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Holy Man Hasn't Had Food or Drink in 75 Years

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
tTpgdlW.jpg

Being without food isn't great. But food or sprinkles? That is something else.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like threads like these. It's very important for me to be confronted with the fact that some people just don't find much stock in science, reason or common sense. Or even some sort of internal consistency in the world, like if the universe was a work of fiction then there'd at least be some sort of skillfully achieved suspension of disbelief. But, nope, for some the world is full of yogis with veins coursing with chlorophyll, aliens banging on celestial gongs, zombie Elvis, bat boy, government vaults filled magical artifacts. And, why not? Clearly that universe is way better than the one I live in for sheer awesomeness, or at least it would be, if I could just be in the right place at the right time. I keep missing the leprechaun, at least somebody gets to see it, I suppose.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The spirit science wasn't biased at all.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chi energy, Chakra, or the energy within, whatever name is stuck on it. Is all well and good. But there is no way in hell it acts as a meal for your physical vessels entire life or else more monk's would be running around not eating or drinking because they supposedly wouldn't need to which means the body has no needs whatsoever and can just survive. Eating, drinking, on and on. Is vital to survive. As open as I am to some degree of spiritual things I cannot accept this total illogicality. This defeats the whole purpose of the physical living breathing recycling body in the first place, where we might as well say "We cannot die" and won't die just because our mind has decided so, thus becoming immortal.

This makes no logical sense.

I'm sure those monks could if they were blessed with this power by three hindu goddesses.