• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm already choked up.

Don't fail us, James Gunn!

1670013002195.png

Not sure how much Adam Warlock has to do in this film, he's barely in this trailer, but please let the Gamora thread play out in an honest way.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I'm already choked up.

Don't fail us, James Gunn!

View attachment 28038

Not sure how much Adam Warlock has to do in this film, he's barely in this trailer, but please let the Gamora thread play out in an honest way.
He hasnt let us down yet...but then this is the darkest time line, phase IV, and a third movie. The stakes have never been higher. I don't think Western Culture can take too many more body blows...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He hasnt let us down yet...but then this is the darkest time line, phase IV, and a third movie. The stakes have never been higher. I don't think Western Culture can take too many more body blows...
Technically, Phase Four is over. (In so many "stick a fork in it" ways.) Let's go, Phase Five!

Last edited:

The Cat

Staff member
Technically, Phase Four is over. (In so many "stick a fork in it" ways.) Let's go, Phase Five!
its true what they say about unpleasant experiences...phase IV feels longer and more painful than the first four phases and all of the prequil and new sequal trilogies combined. I kept waiting for Pinhead to show up and say to the 4th wall: "You fools, you still don't know where you are do you?"

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
its true what they say about unpleasant experiences...phase IV feels longer and more painful than the first four phases and all of the prequil and new sequal trilogies combined. I kept waiting for Pinhead to show up and say to the 4th wall: "You fools, you still don't know where you are do you?"
Explorers huh?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had never watched it, although obviously I'm curious with Ethan Hawke before I saw him in Dead Poet's.

is the kid in the white labcoat River Phoenix?

The Cat

Staff member
I had never watched it, although obviously I'm curious with Ethan Hawke before I saw him in Dead Poet's.

is the kid in the white labcoat River Phoenix?
Yes. Yes it is. It was a regular who's who of who was at the time.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God damn it this one is gonna break me. if they kill rocket Marvel loses me forever Im pretty sure.
If it is the natural continuation of a character arc, then I am fine with any outcome. (Like, I didn't like watching Gamora die in Infinity War, but it felt pretty true to me.)

What I hate is when a character is killed amid shit writing, where the death makes no sense or wasn't even necessary or coherent.

But i do think Quill and Nebula is a good ship. StarNebula <3
I will just offer a "gross" barf for Nebula's sake.

Damn, I hope Gamora isn't a total asshole in this film. I am happy Nebula is getting a lot to do. She's had a hell of an arc so far, she's kind of a Charlie Brown of her life -- she's always been second wheel in everything she has tried despite being pretty skilled. It was good to see her articulate her anger to Gamora in GOTG2, seeing the connection between her and Gamora in Infinity War, her intensity with Stark playing table football, her sadness with Rhodey when she gets the infinity stone out of the trap leaving her metal hand smoldering ("I wasn't always this way," she says, slightly chagrinned), and then her ability to accept 2014 Gamora's help ("Eventually we become close. We become friends. We become sisters.")

She's basically gone from being a traumatized highly intense paranoid loser to someone more balanced, someone who can experience her emotions and understand them versus reacting to them, knowing there are people who she can trust and who care about her, and her them now. I'm glad they left her alive in Endgame along with Rocket as the reps for the Guardians during the time heist. It's so teary sad when she quietly gets out of the ship when Captain Marvel gets Tony back to earth and just sits next to Rocket and they hold hands. Karen Gillan just plays this role with such nuance. I remember her back in Endgame with both Nebula's on the screen at once... so sad. "Gamora: You can change. Nebula 2014: He won't let me.")

This is one of those cases where they took the comic book version that was kind of meh / generic and made her into something really cool and unique.

Did I read this trailer right -- that she has a mesh arm now that can reshape itself? I couldn't tell whether that brief shot of the blade was carried or molded from her arm. EDIT: I just frame incremented through, pretty sure it is! Yay for really doubling-down on what being a cyborg can mean!

Also, Drax and Adam Warlock going head to head, wow.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm also hoping Gunn keeps going with his track record of picking great 70's hits that aren't necessarily the most played. He does include a few popular songs typically but often is pulling from less traveled but still known tracks.

Thought it was cool they incorporated Rainbow's cover of "Since You've Been Gone" into the trailer.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My life is pathetic enough that pretty much I just want to live long enough to see this on May 5-6. I need to know how it ends.

(And if God wants to be nice, let me live long enough to see Dune part 2 in the fall.)

I really need to get a life but I don't think I am going to at this point.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm also hoping Gunn keeps going with his track record of picking great 70's hits that aren't necessarily the most played. He does include a few popular songs typically but often is pulling from less traveled but still known tracks.
Like Brandy, you mean?

Last edited: