• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ghostbusters 2016

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Watched a bootleg of it. Quality was pretty good, but I might have missed some subtle things. Not sure I really want to, but I'll probably watch it again when the DVD quality video comes out online. Didn't feel like a ghostbusters movie at all. Felt more like a less funny bridesmaids with a weird ghostbuster theme to it. Didn't really dig it that much. I'm not sure what all the glowing reviews are all about except for feminist pandering. I don't recall laughing that much, especially at that engineer character's over the top stuff. Other than her Hillary impression on SNL I've never really found her funny though. Just not my sense of humor. The cameos just made it worse because it solidified the reboot rather than continuation thing. I like all the actresses (except that engineer girl) in other movies, but not so much in this one. 2/5

93JC

'Ghostbusters' Heading for $70M-Plus Loss, Sequel Unlikely
by Pamela McClintock

Immediately upon the opening of Ghostbusters in mid-July, top Sony executives boldly declared a sequel to Paul Feig's all-female reboot of Ivan Reitman's 1984 classic was a given. "While nothing has been officially announced yet, there's no doubt in my mind it will happen," said Rory Bruer, president of worldwide distribution at Sony.

That was the studio's last public mention of a sequel. As of Aug. 7, Ghostbusters had earned just under $180 million at the global box office, including $117 million domestic. The film still hasn't opened in a few markets, including France, Japan and Mexico, but box-office experts say it will have trouble getting to $225 million despite a hefty net production budget of $144 million plus a big marketing spend. The studio has said break-even would be $300 million.

Sony hardly is alone in suffering from audience rejection of sequels this summer. But film chief Tom Rothman and his team, along with partner Village Roadshow, had high hopes for launching a live-action Ghostbusters "universe." Now they are preparing for steep losses (think $70 million-plus) and an uncertain future for the franchise.​

Good. Maybe Sony has found out that nothing is given when they make crappy reboots and quasi-sequels. They took a big gamble—didn't know where the cards may fall—trying to cash in on the goodwill the Ghostbusters name had going for it. And now they know. All I know is that to make Sony stop pumping out this crap we've got to get it through to them by not paying to see crap like this anymore. We, as the audience, are going to have to take control. It's up to us. All on our own.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
South Park derided the New York Time's piece, "Our ‘Ghostbusters’ Review: Girls Rule. Women Are Funny. Get Over It."

And the Rolling Stone article, 'Ghostbusters 3' to Star 'Hilarious Women,' Says Director Paul Feig

I can only assume the "little gay boy" is a subtle reference to Paul Feig. :rotfl:

I saw this post and watched the new South Park this morning. Really good episode. That's something good that came from Ghostbusters 2016 and maybe Sony learned their lesson.