• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite scenes in animation

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Paranorman, near the beginning of the film. I love how the camera spins around him and suddenly unveils the world through his eyes.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Randomly seen this just now. I do love how anime captures nature sometimes. Too bad they only included what they had rights to.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Sin City...awesome hybrid aesthetic animation. It might be controversial but I feel especially the Hitman's scenes feel more animated than some of the rest.​

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
FernGully, after Zak carved a tree.

tumblr_nbas63Zd651rjquieo5_250.gif

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Note: Lea Salonga is actually the singer for the version in the film itself.

It's not overly complicated, but the animation supports the music especially with the fractured reflections, and her behavior in the clip expresses her devotion to her family/ancestors even while she's distraught over her inability to meet expectations and disappointment in that juxtaposition.

Followed shortly by this really well-done sequence, her attempt at resolution (she offers her own life both as recompense for her inability to meet expectations + as a gift of love to her parents) -- and note again how reflections are repeatedly used here:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My favorite very, VERY disgusting scenes in animation:

Ren & Stimpy - that time Ren let all his teeth rot out of his head, then proceeded to pull out his nerve endings to leave under his pillow for the Nerve Ending Fairy.

Terrifying children into oral hygiene since '92.

...and let's not forget Homer's ophthalmic adventure:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kung Fu Panda

The camera positioning/tracking is so wild:

The dumpling fight choreography (@ 3:05 or so) is just ingenuous:

Art style for the opening of the film (@ 0:00 - 2:00, Po's fantasy):

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Total Classic.

Last edited:

The Cat

Staff member
My favorite very, VERY disgusting scenes in animation:

Ren & Stimpy - that time Ren let all his teeth rot out of his head, then proceeded to pull out his nerve endings to leave under his pillow for the Nerve Ending Fairy.

Terrifying children into oral hygiene since '92.

...and let's not forget Homer's ophthalmic adventure:

god ren and stimpy messed me up in such interesting ways

The Cat

Staff member
Of all the shows to bring back without having to change much, it would surely be Gargoyles.
Owen Burnett was/is my favorite character, followed by the Weird Sisters Demona and MacBeth, and some of the best depictions of Oberon and Titania in fiction; The Pack and Xanatos added such complexity to the series, Xanatos managing to sometimes actually make me root for the the rich bad guy. The Gargoyles themelves were a legitimately fascinating set of characters, and Lexington actually being one of the best queer characters on television before the Sheera Reboot came out and the Ducktales reboot.
slow playback speed to .75 and its still it bit sped up, but theres no helping it. Still worth a watch if you've never seen it​

The Cat

Staff member
comedic chemistry gold.

The Cat

Staff member
Ah yes -- "Bard & Rogue go on solo adventure together, when the rest of the D&D party isn't paying attention"
It really is one of the best D&D movies outside of the GOTG series. Also Chell was a lot of fun.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

There are probably other parts I like even more in this film, but at least this one has the "PRESENTATION!" meme. Gawd, Tighten is such an incel