• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extrovert males especially pick up artists are way more happier than introvert males

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
"INTJ is best personality" Sounds exactly like something an INTJ would say.

...just like how they love to get into vehement arguments about stupid subjective shit like "Best girl."

Also; untrue. As an Extrovert I am miserable when I feel lonely.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I like how everyone is taking this thread seriously.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"INTJ is best personality" Sounds exactly like something an INTJ would say.

...just like how they love to get into vehement arguments about stupid subjective shit like "Best girl."

Also; untrue. As an Extrovert I am miserable when I feel lonely.
That is to be expected. I rarely feel lonely, and when I do, I am often surrounded by other people. I am frequently alone, but that is different.

As for that "stupid subjective shit", I am far more likely to dismiss or ignore it than argue over it. Are you sure those folks aren't ENTPs?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like how everyone is taking this thread seriously.

Not everybody, but if there's enough people that make you feel smug about it, props. Sounds like a good forum experience.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
That is to be expected. I rarely feel lonely, and when I do, I am often surrounded by other people. I am frequently alone, but that is different.

As for that "stupid subjective shit", I am far more likely to dismiss or ignore it than argue over it. Are you sure those folks aren't ENTPs?

I can understand that. I would describe myself as never alone but often lonely.

You're an especially awesome and healthy INTJ whose well thought out and objective view point is something I greatly respect.

I am certain the the people I speak are INTJ but probably very unhealthy. The type who do sit alone all day, telling themselves they do not need human interaction because as an introvert they are above such silly things.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I am certain the the people I speak are INTJ but probably very unhealthy. The type who do sit alone all day, telling themselves they do not need human interaction because as an introvert they are above such silly things.

I don't claim to know what goes inside the minds of people when they choose solitude, nor it is my place to judge them. Given the situation, many will tell you they'd rather be alone than in a bad company, including myself.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I don't claim to know what goes inside the minds of people when they choose solitude, nor it is my place to judge them. Given the situation, many will tell you they'd rather be alone than in a bad company, including myself.

I strongly agree.
That isn't the same as assuming that you are above ALL human connection/socializing because it is for the weak.
That concept ignores thousands of years of humanity history, culture, psychology, biology and most likely why they have such social issues in the first place.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

You're an especially awesome and healthy INTJ whose well thought out and objective view point is something I greatly respect.

Would you think stage in their development as it relates to type might contribute as well? As a Te dom, have you or other high Te users you know of, tend to go through a sort of “Te ego” phase, like they presume their logic is superior and do not need to consult others?

My younger brother recently took the MBTI test for work, and he got ESTJ (I didn’t know exactly what he was, but his Te is very much apparent and at times, in your face, so I always figured some TJ for him in the least). But, he seemed to go through a phase where it seemed nothing my parents nor I could say to convince him over something once his mind was made up, no matter how much sense you may be making, his logic seemed to reign supreme, always. He’s matured greatly since then, and nowadays we compliment each other’s strengths commendably and find the other as a good source for advise in the areas our typings traditionally lack in.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Would you think stage in their development as it relates to type might contribute as well? As a Te dom, have you or other high Te users you know of, tend to go through a sort of “Te ego” phase, like they presume their logic is superior and do not need to consult others?

My younger brother recently took the MBTI test for work, and he got ESTJ (I didn’t know exactly what he was, but his Te is very much apparent and at times, in your face, so I always figured some TJ for him in the least). But, he seemed to go through a phase where it seemed nothing my parents nor I could say to convince him over something once his mind was made up, no matter how much sense you may be making, his logic seemed to reign supreme, always. He’s matured greatly since then, and nowadays we compliment each other’s strengths commendably and find the other as a good source for advise in the areas our typings traditionally lack in.

Not really. More the opposite. I am surrounded by people with a superiority complex who tend to flat out ignore the things I say because they think my logic is "too simple".
I do get frustrated because from my perspective because they overlook the obvious.
They also can't make a decision in less than a week and I often grow impatient because " I could have solved it by now." So I guess it's true that I sometimes don't consult others but it's more out of impatience-and an unadulterated disdain for inaction- than a superiority complex.

rav3n

Cartoon examples of the introversion/extraversion divide.

ac3d0f0ba203a85ecec395ebca5a1584.jpg

how_to_live_with_introverts_book_part_one_by_sveidt-d5u6o4j.jpg

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

There always appeared to be this blind spot of a cycle where you have men who take PUA classes and ideas, the core of which is usually getting you to approach women on a numerical basis in order to build confidence and increase your chances, while at the same time it seems this extremely conscious breakdown of social interaction also produces more active situations where women are likely to feel harassed by men who approach them, also on a numerical basis.

It seems to have an individual benefit for a few people while likely causing discomfort for a larger majority. However I recognise this as a generalisation and I know that PUA tactics, if we're being fair, can help some people without causing undue problems.

I'm very interested in the 'mechanising' effect of reducing one's understanding (of the information they take in of the world around them) to the most simplistic and direct interpretation. This can actually be very useful for getting through tough or intimidating situations and seems to be an in-built instinct in most people, which is useful for fending off doubts and worries.
Even if the doubts and worries are correct. There's a reason unreasonable or disagreeable people tend to come out of deals with the better end of the bargain, generally speaking, as a true belief based on a false premise (in this case an inaccurate image of yourself) is still a powerful motivator.

Jon Elster made an interesting argument in his book 'Sour Grapes : Studies in the subversion of rationality'. This argument uses the example of assuming a cynical motivation of say, religious elites, who press the populous for money under, what would appear to be, a false impression of piety and spiritual leanings, but he claimed that such a person would have to possess some degree of belief in order to genuinely convey their religious leanings so as to influence the people in the first place. Now I'm paraphrasing the passage for brevity and I don't necessarily agree fully with him on this point, but it is fair to say that one can be a swindler and yet still hold a true belief (despite it being false in demonstrated behaviour) that brings them gains In their swindling and these are not essentially contradictory elements, although it depends on context.

With regards to pick up artistry, my outside observation is that it carries an important lesson about the implicit in behaviour and nature; PUA tactics are an explicit representative of behaviour that would normally be implicit. But the lesson, or hidden (unintentional) wisdom if you want, is that once that confidence is raised, a person usually recognises that it is their implicit instincts and unspoken 'flowing' interactions that really determine a lot of human relations and once that is understood, the methods they were using to become more confident look jarring and disjointed by comparison.

This is where most average people outside of that community actually reside. It's like going full circle.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know alot of bitchy extroverts...they are the loudest bitchy people. :shrug: glad to be an introvert. I have a small bubble of people i really enjoy...hence i enjoy my life

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I, too. I enjoy my solitude immensely, and use it productively. When I do spend time with others, it is generally for good reason, or true enjoyment. That lonely feeling I mentioned, when I am surrounded by others, comes from the fact that, though they are there, I cannot connect with them. It is like being in a restaurant where everything on the menu is something you are allergic to, or hate to eat.

Amberiat

Infinity

I used to be like this myself in my younger years, and it was something I kept up for a pretty long time too, telling myself I'm better off alone because everyone else is below me in every conceivable way and not trusting anybody, not even the people that were closest to me. I feel like I've wasted so much time accomplishing nothing by burying myself in that hole, and there are still dark spots left from that time, not trusting people and a sense of superiority towards everyone else specifically (though I control my behavior so I don't act like an ass, most of the time).

It's something I deeply regret, letting myself fall down there, and for a long time too, when instead I could have done something productive, if not for anyone else then for myself at least.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am supposed to be an extrovert (maybe that is why I was recently typed as INFP) and I love my loneliness, I hate parties, I don't like to speak in public and I don't enjoy groups.

So typing is one thing to try to know each other, but all generalisations about extrovert & introvert really do suck (like any generalisations).

Also the balance is to go more inward for an extrovert, and to be in touch with your real self (in my opinion).

For an introvert it is to overcome your fears about outdoor experiments.

As an extrovert woman I feel naturally attracted by introverts (both females and males) because I know it their universe is calm, focus, sometimes weird, often deep enough to make me interested by what they have in mind, and that I really do love those vibes.

There are so many kinds of extroverts...but male extroverts seem dominant and drain my energies. I have never felt really attracted by a relationship with one of them (mainly sensing extroverts that I feel as provocative and lacking depth and sensitivity).

Fortunately for them some women don't feel them as "being pushy".