• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram tri-type to MBTI converter

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Hey, guys!
I had created a "questionarie" and put it on quotev on quiz format, where I transform your tri-type (complemented with the 4th most relevant type) or your first 4 enneagram results into a MBTI type. There is enough information and connection to deduce basically everything from the 4-letter code but Intuition vs Sensing.

This is kind of based on [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] work (correlation Enneagram and MBTI) combined with Eilamona typology survey, complemented with my readings on the enneagram (diverse) to check consistency.

Quiz description:
This is a 'converter' quiz where I determinate your MBTI type (except on Intuition vs Sensing, where the enneagram has a very poor cover) based on your Enneagram tri-type. It is based on statistics and the connections between concepts. Sometimes people are a mix of two MBTI types (specially for those with two borderlines) and this quiz can aid to determinate which mix you are. This can also help people to determinate their MBTI type when more settled on Enneagram or vice versa.
This is only for people who knows their enneagram type. If you dont know what is or is somewhat confused, you can try my enneagram quiz and answer here based on your results:
https://www.quotev.com/quiz/12892442/Enneagram-Personality-Test

The quiz is here:
https://www.quotev.com/quiz/12991371/Enneagram-tri-type-to-MBTI

Can be used to check if you are typing yourself well, and for those which are in doubt in MBTI type (except N/S) and/or tri-type.

MBTI Type: (Quadritype) / (Tritype) / (Frauve)
ENFP: 7-4-2-9 / 7-4-9 / 479 The Gentle Spirit
INFP: 4-9-5-6 / 4-9-5 / 459 The Contemplative
ENFJ: 2-3-4-(1=7) / 2-1-7 / 127 The Teacher
INFJ: 4-5-6-9 / 4-5-9 / 459 The Contemplative
ENTP: 7-8-3-5 / 7-8-3 / 378 The Mover Shaker
INTP: 5-9-4-6 / 5-9-4 / 459 The Contemplative
ENTJ: 8-3-1-7 / 8-3-7 / 378 The Mover Shaker
INTJ: 5-1-4-8 / 5-1-4 / 145 The Researcher
ESTJ: 8-3-1-(5=6) / 8-3-5 / 358 The Solution Master
ISTJ: 6-5-1-9 / 6-1-3 / 136 The Taskmaster
ESFJ: 2-3-6-(9=1) / 1-2-6 / 126 The Supporter
ISFJ: 6-2-9-1 / 6-2-9 / 269 The Good Samaritan
ESFP: 7-9-2-6 / 7-9-2 / 279 The Peacemaker
ISFP: 9-4-6-(5=2) / 9-4-6 / 469 The Seeker
ISTP: 5-9-7-6 / 5-9-3 / 359 The Thinker
ESTP: 7-8-3-6 / 7-8-3 / 378 The Mover Shaker

PS: Quadritype is basically the first 4 enneagrams disregarding centers.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since people are entering their tritype plus one, I'm wondering why you list enneagrams with three MBTI result?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Since people are entering their tritype plus one, I'm wondering why you list enneagrams with three MBTI result?

For the conversion I consider the quadri-type, in a slightly modified version for this purpose, and not the Frauve tritype.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For the conversion I consider the quadri-type, in a slightly modified version for this purpose, and not the Frauve tritype.

No, what I mean is that in the results, you not only include the likely MBTI, but enneagram numbers (the bolded below).

Enneagram tri-type to MBTI
Vendrah
IXFP

Your type is either INFP or ISFP! Google these initials if you dont know what they mean.
This is not a 100% precise, check the second result.
INFP: 4-9-5-6 / 4-9-5 / 459 The Contemplative

ISFP: 9-4-6-(5=2) / 9-4-6 / 469 The Seeker

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
No, what I mean is that in the results, you not only include the likely MBTI, but enneagram numbers (the bolded below).

Ah, I can remove that if these are confusing.

In the end, I reach the conclusion that even for MBTI the types are like 9 (for enneagram) or 16 different characters from a show.
It is like there is a MBTI show with 16 different characters, and you are on "What character from MBTI show are you?", where the quiz have a job to determinate which character you are close to. However, since MBTI is statistics based this character is build first in theory, then this character is re-adjusted to be more in conform with the average person that is that character's type.
In statistics, the poster INFP, the INFP from the "MBTI show", adjusted in conformity with the average traits of people who are categorized as INFP, is 4-9-5-6, or 4-9-5 on tri-type. That is because 4 is the most common type for INFP, 9 is the second, 5 is the third and 6 is the fourth.

So, the poster INFP is 4-9-5-6, but, of course, only people who are very close to the poster INFP will have that tri-type. Other INFPs will have slightly different but will be alike these enneagram. And if you dont have neither 4, 9 or 5 on your enneagram triad, then I can deduce that you are not an INFP, from the enneagram.
There is a very small numbers of exception, though, specially because this mixes the cognitive functions and dichotomy (which means that there is a mix of concepts of what a poster INFP is, but), and if a person is not INFP on both this concept can have potentials for problems, but these cases are not much.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am wondering what the 135 tritype (the "technological expert") would be translated into MBTI. I know that 1 and 3 are moderately correlated with thinking and 5 is heavily correlated with that trait. 1 is easily the most "judging" type. I could see INTJ and ISTJ within that tritype. ENTJ might work too.

The quiz gave me EXTJ. I can see why.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
IXTJ. Not surprised.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IXTJ

Your type is either INTJ or ISTJ! Google these initials if you dont know what they mean.
This is not a 100% precise, check the second result.

ISTJ: 6-5-1-9 / 6-1-3 / 136 The Taskmaster
INTJ: 5-1-4-8 / 5-1-4 / 145 The Researcher

A Lost Boy

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I took it a few times, since I am still "adjusting" my tritype preferences.

• For "6→1→3→5" I got IxTJ (Tritype→other strong type)
  • For "6→3→1→5" I got ExTJ (not sure about 613 or 631 yet)
  • For "6→5→3→1" I got IxFJ (Four highest scores)