• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram 5 or 9

Junyoung

Hello, I was wondering if maybe anybody would be able to help me? On the enneagram tests I am always coming up as equally 5 and 9. I read that usually 9s mistype as 5s and not the other way around, but when I was little I came up with lots of rules for myself to make things safer, and most of the rules are things that seem like a 9, like "never directly disagree with anybody, always act like you are the stupidest person in the room, smile and be polite, never draw attention, if you are angry go to the bathroom and punch your face" Haha, my sister tells me these are stupid rules, but i think they have served me very well. I am almost blind, and so there are many things I cannot do, and I have found that following these rules makes it less humiliating to accept help and less likely to become annoying or burdensome to other people. I think really I am just worried about being a 4. I do not think there is anything wrong with being a 4, but the descriptions I read are everything I try to avoid the most. Ah I am sorry, this has gotten very long and I do not think I am making much sense. Haha, thank you very much if you have taken time to read this!

bradly00

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think that you are not type 4. This is because type 4 focuses on being original and unique while type 9 focuses on not making waves. Type 5 however, seeks knowledge for knowledge sake. Of all three, you are type 9. More over, you are type 9 with a wing of 8, commonly called the comfort seeker.