• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dry Hair

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been dyeing my hair since I was 13 and I'm well... 27 now, so a long time. I've been bleaching it platinum blonde for the past few years and even though I get it done professionally in a saloon, my hair got really, really dry. It's gone to the point when I can barely style it anymore. I use a really expensive shampoo for dry hair, a balsam, hydrenting foam, oils and nothing works. It's not just my ends that are dry, the full lenght of my hair is almost completely lifeless at this point. Is there a way for me to save it?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Before I recommend anything: what's yo budget?

from one hair dyer to another. :p

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Before I recommend anything: what's yo budget?

from one hair dyer to another. :p

Perhaps a 100? Euro we're speaking here. So that means I can't really buy anything from the US market, unless it's known in the EU too.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps a 100? Euro we're speaking here. So that means I can't really buy anything from the US market, unless it's known in the EU too.

yeah my first thought was to recommend function of beauty...I don't know if they have a UK base...they allow for making custom hair goals and such (you can focus yours on dry hair). It has done wonders for my oily hair and not hurt the dye. My mom has really dry hair and after a month of use it really helped her. The other thing we did that helped her immensely is hot oil.

Choosing an oil...is not as easy as it looks. I would research what oil(s) fit what you need. In dry hair sometimes it has trouble sinking in and staying, so heating the oil can really help. This is somewhat difficult since you won't need a good deal of it. I heated my mom's oil by first heating hot water in a pan, then putting a bowl with the amount on top of the water. this heated the oil for use. Then you apply it all over the hair, make sure you're getting toward the roots, and leave it covered and in for 30 minutes. My mom bought a shower cap for it because otherwise the oil fades too quickly.

Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint Growth Oil | Walgreens

this is the exact oil she used to help. I am not sure it'll help but thought I'd show because in the photos they have ingredients too so you can maybe find something similar?

I hope this helped a little. :hug: dry hair can be so irritating.

When I get hair dye dryness, I tend to find deep conditioning to be helpful. Some stores will sell packets of conditioners with similar oils to above. I personally recommend argan oils and sunflower oils, those always seem to help my hair. I find coconut oil softens it quite a bit too. The main one I have had infuses sunflower, avocado, and argan oil. I would recommend leaving this in for like 30ish minutes and then rinsing it out. There's other store packet type stuff and you can find what is right for you. I find drugstores have more of a selection on this here, not sure how the UK works.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah my first thought was to recommend function of beauty...I don't know if they have a UK base...they allow for making custom hair goals and such (you can focus yours on dry hair). It has done wonders for my oily hair and not hurt the dye. My mom has really dry hair and after a month of use it really helped her. The other thing we did that helped her immensely is hot oil.

Choosing an oil...is not as easy as it looks. I would research what oil(s) fit what you need. In dry hair sometimes it has trouble sinking in and staying, so heating the oil can really help. This is somewhat difficult since you won't need a good deal of it. I heated my mom's oil by first heating hot water in a pan, then putting a bowl with the amount on top of the water. this heated the oil for use. Then you apply it all over the hair, make sure you're getting toward the roots, and leave it covered and in for 30 minutes. My mom bought a shower cap for it because otherwise the oil fades too quickly.

Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint Growth Oil | Walgreens

this is the exact oil she used to help. I am not sure it'll help but thought I'd show because in the photos they have ingredients too so you can maybe find something similar?

I hope this helped a little. :hug: dry hair can be so irritating.

When I get hair dye dryness, I tend to find deep conditioning to be helpful. Some stores will sell packets of conditioners with similar oils to above. I personally recommend argan oils and sunflower oils, those always seem to help my hair. I find coconut oil softens it quite a bit too. The main one I have had infuses sunflower, avocado, and argan oil. I would recommend leaving this in for like 30ish minutes and then rinsing it out. There's other store packet type stuff and you can find what is right for you. I find drugstores have more of a selection on this here, not sure how the UK works.

Thank you for this! I'll try and look for something similar here, maybe my hairdresser might know some of it too.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I use this.
71fcQ0%2BKelL._SX679_.jpg

It’s made for curly hair which is naturally dry.