• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Donald Trump's Myers-Briggs Type

Jaguar

I believe observation of behaviour is the only accurate way to type someone. With a public celebrity figure that should be quite easy. Pay close attention, ascertain their dominant cognitive functions. Step back, and see if what you have matches the type description. Then if you wish, confirm it by assessing their inferior functions.

If you start with inferior functions youre working back to front, and it forces you to squash, stretch and generally misinterpret their obvious observable traits to fit your theory. As a rule, if youre relying on "its just a persona, its not his REEEEAL personality" you need to go back to the drawing board.

10 people can exhibit the same behavior for completely different reasons and type isn't a game to play like Pin The Tail On The Donkey. We've had people stalking members around the forum with that crazy bullshit. You don't know anyone's inferior function(s) yes, plural, since the definition of inferior has nothing to do with skill or weakness, but merely unconsciousness. And what is unconscious to the person can come across as something strong within a person's behavior. That means someone could type a person's inferior(s) as a dominant. There is no way for you to assess what is unconscious in another person unless you are deluding yourself into believing you have "magical" powers.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Inviting former accusers of Bill Clinton to one of the debates with Hillary seemed more like a tactical move move meant to throw Hillary off her game.

Someone (either here or on 16types, can't remember) compared it to Michael Corleone bringing Frank Pentangeli's brother to the congressional hearing in The Godfather Part II.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
"I understand the military. I know the military." Donald Trump ENTJ

donaldtrump1-2x.jpg

Jaguar

Or he is actually actually ENTJ. ;)

Concise. If nothing else, ENTJs are concise.

ENTJs prefer information to be presented concisely, clearly, and accurately, with additional resources as needed to support the original points.
ENTJs usually present concise, articulate, clear, easy to understand and highly persuasive arguments or directives.

Those descriptions are the exact opposite of Trump who blathers on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and, oh, did I mention on and on and on and on and on? And fucking on. Again.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On the other hand, he doesn't seem to be as interested in highly physical pursuits like other Se dominant Presidents. Examples: Teddy Roosevelt the avid outdoorsman who rode a moose; JFK, who enjoyed games of touch football despite having a bad back; Andrew Jackson, who enjoyed horse racing.

ENTJs tend to enjoy highly physical activity as a pastime, ESTPs need it to feel complete and alive.

His brash manner could be attributed to both Te and Se. However, regarding his supposed impulsiveness, I'm not sure he's as impulsive as he appears. I think it is part of his image, as others have suggested.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Concise. If nothing else, ENTJs are concise.

Those descriptions are the exact opposite of Trump who blathers on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and, oh, did I mention on and on and on and on and on? And fucking on. Again.

Or maybe it's his intention or he likes to provoke others. :D

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
And what is unconscious to the person can come across as something strong within a person's behavior. That means someone could type a person's inferior(s) as a dominant.

Agreed! Someone who was poorly balanced, had under-developed judging or perceiving functions, is quite easy to mistype since his unconscious functions may seems to be competing with his conscious ones.

To me, typing is a game! Quite a fun one. And one which can help you gain insight into people. But not everyone feels that way, I will bear that in mind.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I was hoping that Trump is ESTP but he is actually definition of ENTJ. :)

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ENTJs tend to enjoy highly physical activity as a pastime, ESTPs need it to feel complete and alive.

Yes, he's not a traditional sportsman. On the other hand he has spent more time on the golf course than any president in history, and has the best handicap.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
petty bickering clearly not limited to the politics subforum

Jaguar

You understand that way like communicate ENTJ and INTJ is totally different approach? Right?

Online or offline? Some of the INTJs in this forum have freely admitted in their posts that they are far more direct online than offline. As a matter of fact, one the biggest forum "shit-stirrers" was an INTJ who claimed he had freedom posting here that he did not have offline. I'm the opposite. I have far less freedom here than I do in real life and fortunately for me, I am rarely misunderstood offline. Your opinion of me would be shared by no one offline. People tend not to perceive being "attacked" while they're laughing.

As for ENTJ/INTJ: Both types are directing in communication but ENTJ's interaction style is 'In-Charge' vs INTJ's 'Chart-the-Course' style.

Grab yourself a copy:

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Online or offline? Some of the INTJs in this forum have freely admitted in their posts that they are far more direct online than offline. As a matter of fact, one the biggest forum "shit-stirrers" was an INTJ who claimed he had freedom posting here that he did not have offline. I'm the opposite. I have far less freedom here than I do in real life and fortunately for me, I am rarely misunderstood offline. Your opinion of me would be shared by no one offline. People tend not to perceive being "attacked" while they're laughing.

As for ENTJ/INTJ: Both types are directing in communication but ENTJ's interaction style is 'In-Charge' vs INTJ's 'Chart-the-Course' style.

Grab yourself a copy:

Introverts can be sharper online then offline because texting is good with them while extroverts are same online and offline but they prefer talking instead texting
I am not feel "attacked" I am just saying how it is! If you feel attack by me grate. If you are talking to me you will see the way I speak that sentence.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
petty bickering clearly not limited to the politics subforum

Indeed. Over a dozen posts' worth of the stuff have been moved to the Graveyard. If we need to do this again, threadbans will be in order.

Jaguar

Introverts can be sharper online

You're telling me something I knew 22 years ago. It's also irrelevant to this discussion.
As for Trump, he doesn't have the communication style of an ENTJ. I wish he did. Then the rambling on and on and on and on and on would cease.
Several people have suggested he's not even a T. I'm leaning that direction as well.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
You're telling me something I knew 22 years ago. It's also irrelevant to this discussion.
As for Trump, he doesn't have the communication style of an ENTJ. I wish he did. Then the rambling on and on and on and on and on would cease.
Several people have suggested he's not even a T. I'm leaning that direction as well.

I am not that much old. :)

It very possible that he is peacocking ESFP while he is ENTJ.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
You're using a stereotype based on personal belief which isn't how the types are categorized.

According to Jung you have not one but two aux functions. So person can use Te - Se (peacoking i.e. looks like ESFP) instead Te-Ni. :bye: