• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Donald Trump's Myers-Briggs Type

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fe is what mass wants. It is very changeable function or in another words it depends from person to person because it adjust itself trough out age and time and culture where you are born.
Why? Because Fe want to be nice to people, to please people, to give people what they want to hear (very marketing function i.e. propaganda)). And with dom Se it becomes master seller!

Actions > words. Trump's actions does not align with the ESTP thought process. I know, I am engaged to an ESTP. Trump outside of the TV is patient, understanding, and thoroughly investigative. Coming to conclusions at his own pace, but also making swift judgements when needed. I suggest comparing interviews from things like in his rallies, or on old things like Opra vs news interviews. When talking with people he respects, he never talks over them. Listens intensely, without making direct eye contact (this is Ni), and nods as he reacts subtly as hes formulating a response at the same time. This isn't impulsive like a Se dom.

Trump never "lost his mind" of old.

Here is a collection of interviews for typing if anyone wants it. Its a lot more revealing.

raskol

Fe is what mass wants. It is very changeable function or in another words it depends from person to person because it adjust itself trough out age and time and culture where you are born.
Why? Because Fe want to be nice to people, to please people, to give people what they want to hear (very marketing function i.e. propaganda)).
Again, let's separate the person from the media persona, which he himself hasn't created. As far as his ideas are concerned, he sticks to private visions that stay with him through the years, which only surface on rare occasions ("real power is ... fear"). I also think it's abundantly clear that he is a Te dom, considering his powerful, avalanching locution and argumentative style. I just can't find examples of Ti/Fe users applying this form of pigeon chess, however efficient it may be.

Furthermore, Trump has continuously sought out what matters to him and him alone. In an old interview pertaining to his favorite movie, Citizen Kane, he remarked that Kane's downfall was two-pronged, partly relating to the isolating nature of wealth, partly by being too attached to one woman. In other words, wealth is merely indicative of status and power, while female companionship is a function of personal happiness and optics. How do you square such guileless Fi-posting with Ti/Fe?

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
We are judging him how he get others to. Fear? Don't be ridiculous. It is clear populism and propaganda and fakeness. He is fake as f.

raskol

We are judging him how he get others to. Fear? Don't be ridiculous. It is clear populism and propaganda and fakeness. He is fake as f.
Trump is absolutely authentic. The only fake thing here is the ad hominem.

What happened to arguing coherently, which you usually do?

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Actions > words. Trump's actions does not align with the ESTP thought process. I know, I am engaged to an ESTP. Trump outside of the TV is patient, understanding, and thoroughly investigative. Coming to conclusions at his own pace, but also making swift judgements when needed. I suggest comparing interviews from things like in his rallies, or on old things like Opra vs news interviews. When talking with people he respects, he never talks over them. Listens intensely, without making direct eye contact (this is Ni), and nods as he reacts subtly as hes formulating a response at the same time. This isn't impulsive like a Se dom.

Trump never "lost his mind" of old.

Here is a collection of interviews for typing if anyone wants it. Its a lot more revealing.

Though I am loathe to re-enter this debate, I enjoyed this post so thought Id make another comment! You are quite right, old (that is young) Trump came across as a lot more thoughtful and cogent, less impulsive. To me, current Trump is an obvious Extroverted Sensor. But the Trump in this video - I could see how you might think him a Te.

However what I think youre seeing is a greater balance between his perceiving and judging functions - more use of Ti. More calculating. He still exhibits Se - he answers quickly, rambles slightly, repeats himself. His arguments dont quite have the methodical feel of a Te.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Though I am loathe to re-enter this debate, I enjoyed this post so thought Id make another comment! You are quite right, old (that is young) Trump came across as a lot more thoughtful and cogent, less impulsive. To me, current Trump is an obvious Extroverted Sensor. But the Trump in this video - I could see how you might think him a Te.

However what I think youre seeing is a greater balance between his perceiving and judging functions - more use of Ti. More calculating. He still exhibits Se - he answers quickly, rambles slightly, repeats himself. His arguments dont quite have the methodical feel of a Te.

ENTJ uses Se 3rd in line, so you will see Se regardless. Te talks about plans, it talks about the future (especially with Ni) and talks about how to get things done. Trump just exudes plans for the future. Se doms perfer to talk about what is currently going on around them. Se doms make direct observations. Se doms change constantly. Trump is more of a Si than a Se at this point. He also has excellent memory. His repetitious way of speaking was probably something he learned to do as a TV personality. Trump also isn't going on about facts and theories, and being exact in information. He is taking a more observant approach, so that isn't very Ti imo. Nor does he get lost in his own words, and always comes back to reiterate his points and not stray from the topic at hand. He argues purely from a results basis, and that is once again very Te.

Then looking at what he has done with his companies, and how successful he is. It's quite safe to say that he is extremly good at planning not only for the future, but how to produce results.

If he is anything but ENTJ, he is an ESTJ. He is not a perceive, because he has extremely good self discipline, and is so good at time management. He only sleeps 4 hours a day, and manages to do more than everyone else in the same time span. That was very obvious during his election campaign.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
^ Ha, you make some excellent points! What I would say firstly about this:

Trump just exudes plans for the future.

Hes talking about plans and the future because that is the frame of the conversation. One of the questions asked is "Will you run for President?" So if he responded by talking about his shoes, that would be odd.

Secondly - I think his personality with regards to business is indicative of an SeTi. He was all about impulsive decisions and opportunism. Also he was always starting new ventures, entering new markets, which is indicative of someone leading with a perceiving function.

As regards to him not sleeping and his energy - absolutely. His physical energy and dynamism are what has made him so successful, and what creates his charisma. Again, more indicative of an Se dom than anything else.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ikr? I don't get why the 8s seem so desperate to prove him to not be an 8. Then again denial is the 8's defence mechanism...

Edit before anyone wants to report this post for slander: ''Type 8 Defense Mechanism
Denial: most types exhibit denial in one form or another, but 8's denial runs deeper than the more defensive denial seen in other types. in the case of the latter, it's usually more repressive in nature, putting up a wall between one's emotions and the outside world. for 8s, there is also a wall put up, but it is placed between ones emotions and the self. in other words, 8s do not allow themselves to feel "weaker" emotions, instead only letting in anger, lust and desire for more than short periods (the rest are quickly buried in the gut).''

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

When you ask...

"Politicians can't manage. All they can do is talk" Donald Trump

He is arrogance and ignorance is horribly. You are trying to say that this line of bs is written by dom Te? :cry:

Action (Se) -----> Words (Je = Te/Fe)

But again, he sounds like ENTJ. This is ENTJ!

"I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big" Donald Trump

raskol

Ikr? I don't get why the 8s seem so desperate to prove him to not be an 8. Then again denial is the 8's defence mechanism...
I see. Well spotted, you picked up on something that is rather peculiar--and very revealing.

When you ask...

"Politicians can't manage. All they can do is talk" Donald Trump

He is arrogance and ignorance is horribly. You are trying to say that this line of bs is written by dom Te? :cry:
Absolutely. You may not see it, but ENTJs don't care about details or correct spelling. And in the case of Si blindspot, which is the case for ENTJs, they do not care about the accurate recapitulation of the order of events. STJs care about exactitude (Si) while NTJs stick to being true to their vision (Ni). That's the dichotomy I'm highlighting here.

Action (Se) -----> Words (Je = Te/Fe)
That is perfectly explained by a Te-Se loop.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
"There's always opposition when you do something big. I do many things that are controversial. When people see it, they love it!" Donald Trump ENTJ confirmed. :D

Jaguar

"There's always opposition when you do something big. I do many things that are controversial. When people see it, they love it!"

Those are the same words my ESTP buddy has said. And his mother.

ducks

Permabanned
Hence the Te-Se loop overriding his Ni. Add Fi inferior to the function stack, and you're set. This personality is similar to an ESFP caught in a Se-Te loop overriding Fi as well as Ni inferior.

I mean I agree that Te and Se is a strong feature of his personality. But that doesn't imply ENTJ over ESTP. Both types can be good with Te.

My questions for you.
How do you think Fi plays as an unconscious part of his psyche? And how does Ni play into his psyche and why do you think he's good at it compared to say an ESTP?

Jung used "types" as examples of people with extreme one-sidedness. (Certainly not a state of wellness.) Healing one-sidedness was—and is—the goal.

He did, but that's not really true. He also explained them as forms of cognition with their extremes as a form of neurosis.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I was just illustrating that his form of neurosis fits Se much better than Te. I guess the point got ignored or completely lost...which is fine, but it's a little strange that people seem more invested in proving something over analyzing his psyche.

ducks

Permabanned
"There's always opposition when you do something big. I do many things that are controversial. When people see it, they love it!" Donald Trump ENTJ confirmed. :D

Meh, that's basically a big stroke to his own ego; not type related.

raskol

I mean I agree that Te and Se is a strong feature of his personality. But that doesn't imply ENTJ over ESTP. Both types can be good with Te.
I disagree. Claiming that ESTPs "can be good with Te" is a weak argument formed on the basis of outliers. Under general conditions, Te is an unconscious function that will tax the resources of your regular ESTP.

The basic difference between Ti/Fe and Te/Fi relates to outlook, where the former (Ti/Fe) creates a perspective on the basis of objective conditions, whereas the latter (Te/Fi) validates ethics subjectively. As such, ENTJs reason objectively (Te) to accomplish subjective desires (Fi), while ESTPs inform themselves first (Ti), forming an outside-in approach to their expressed values (Fe). Think of which type will stick with because-I-say-so claims, and the mystery is solved.

How do you think Fi plays as an unconscious part of his psyche?
ENTJ involves Fi inferior, that is, Fi as the weakest and least conscious of the four most conscious functions.

And how does Ni play into his psyche and why do you think he's good at it compared to say an ESTP?
As I stated above, the Te-Se loop depresses Ni, causing a compulsive focus on action, of getting things done. By contrast, ESTPs will get caught in a Se-Fe loop, expressing histrionics ("love me!") while depressing their Ti.

Beyond that, Trump relies solely on vibe, gut feeling, and a private vision that mustn't be obscured by "outside noise." Neither data (Si) nor data-processing (Ti) but will/desire (Ni) and values (Fi) inform his decision-making.

I guess the point got ignored or completely lost...which is fine, but it's a little strange that people seem more invested in proving something over analyzing his psyche.
Typology is not psychoanalysis. And the fastest way to type someone is to consider their interactive style, but since we can't afford that luxury here, we can identify the function axes and move on from there. These two approaches are by far the most efficient.

Jaguar

He did, but that's not really true. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

It is true. And it does matter. A lot. There are people who think being one-sided is a state of health. It's not. And that was Jung's entire point. He used one-sidedness to explain conflict not only within ourselves, between husbands and wives, but also between countries. Jung wrote "God save me from my friends" referring not only to Isabel Myers, but also anyone else who admired him and completely misunderstood his work.

craziness said:
ENTJs don't care about details or correct spelling

If one sustained brain damage after a car accident, sure. Try writing a legal brief with misspelled words and see how far that gets you with a judge. ;)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Does this help for people looking for a visual analysis?

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Typology is not psychoanalysis. And the fastest way to type someone is to consider their interactive style, but since we can't afford that luxury here, we can identify the function axes and move on from there.

I believe observation of behaviour is the only accurate way to type someone. With a public celebrity figure that should be quite easy. Pay close attention, ascertain their dominant cognitive functions. Step back, and see if what you have matches the type description. Then if you wish, confirm it by assessing their inferior functions.

If you start with inferior functions youre working back to front, and it forces you to squash, stretch and generally misinterpret their obvious observable traits to fit your theory. As a rule, if youre relying on "its just a persona, its not his REEEEAL personality" you need to go back to the drawing board.

[Edit] Reading through my previous posts on this thread it looks like I was bashing Sensors. That was not my intention. I am not the biggest Trump fan so some of that negativity may have bled into my theorising. I value all people and their traits, Sensors and Intuitives alike!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Still leaning ESTP for Trump. Wouldn't rule out ENTJ yet.