• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus Rant Thread

:shrug:

I dunno. Would any coronavirus thread be appropriate for the Fluff Zone? Maybe a meme thread? That could be fun, though it would still be depressing.

I don’t know. I don’t think the subject can be handled without people immediately drawing lines and shouting at one another. I don’t really fucking care- when politics stays in it’s own zone. A comment here or there- especially in the rant thread is understandable. It’s a rant or a random thought. But this thread was never not going to escalate into a shouting match. Just get it the fuck out of The Fluff Zone. Fluff is supposed to be fluffy, and soft, and not sprinkled with shards of glass and splinters of metal.

I like this forum- or otherwise I would find it to be the simplest of acts to just walk away. I’m really good at walking away irl. I’ve done it countless times and will continue to do so. It’s in my nature. But I’ll be damned if I didn’t find a sort of home here in spite of my natural inclinations.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He "cited" something he neither read nor understands about a drug he has a financial stake in. He, has you mention, is saying hey, we're getting closer to a vaccine/cure/magic. It's the best magic! You'll love it! to keep up moral. I not really criticizing the moral part although he's fair to poor at it. He's not talking to me anyway.

But the lying part is VERY on brand for Trump and of course there is no one to tell him to sit his lying ass down and shut the fuck up, except Dr. Fauci maybe. But he will likely be murdered soon by some QANon believer with a tank they got at a police auction.

Oh wait, before you tell me Dr. Fauci isn't getting death threats simply because you haven't heard about them...

Dr. Anthony Fauci forced to beef up security as death threats increase - CNNPolitics

This is entirely your opinion.

Semantics, because the result of his actions come together to be a lie. Besides, as I said previously, he lies all the time.
Which is bullshit.

Because the effect of it is tangibly bad.

You have a complete lack of understanding on what misinformation is.

Glad to see you using my vernacular. But you are also wrong, because you yourself do not know what exactly is bad about it. Because if it was actually bad, it wouldn't have been approved to treat other illnesses. I am pretty sure corona virus is more deadly than lupus and arthritis. It is either safe for human use, or it isn't, regardless of what it is treating. Once again, it is just fear mongering to make money on the part of the media.

Innnnteresting. So it is being negativist, now, to judge him for pushing this drug, and he's just trying to boost morale and be positive. What a fascinating spin.

You wouldnt push a drug that has the possiblity of being helpful, while supporting more research? There is no other treatment for corona virus but hopes and prayers.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with this position:

:D

Of course you agree with someone who has been banned for violating rules and trolling.

Are Lupus patients supervised in a hospital or clinical setting when they're taking the drug? I don't think so.

A fair point, but I do not know enough about how the treatment is administered in these people. I do however, agree it isnt as dangerous as people are making it out to be.

Too bad people cant help but blow shit out of proportion.

- - - Updated - - -

Vodka, straight up.

If only, id be immune to everything.

Jaguar

Of course you agree with someone who has been banned for violating rules and trolling.

I agree with his position. If you have a problem with Nico, personally, take it up with him upon his return.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don’t know. I don’t think the subject can be handled without people immediately drawing lines and shouting at one another. I don’t really fucking care- when politics stays in it’s own zone. A comment here or there- especially in the rant thread is understandable. It’s a rant or a random thought. But this thread was never not going to escalate into a shouting match. Just get it the fuck out of The Fluff Zone. Fluff is supposed to be fluffy, and soft, and not sprinkled with shards of glass and splinters of metal.

I like this forum- or otherwise I would find it to be the simplest of acts to just walk away. I’m really good at walking away irl. I’ve done it countless times and will continue to do so. It’s in my nature. But I’ll be damned if I didn’t find a sort of home here my in spite of my natural inclinations.

Eh, perhaps the mods will move it. I agree, there's clearly political discussion going on.
In the meantime, come over to some other Fluffier thread. ;) The Fluffiest Fluff Thread in the History of Fluff
This sounds like a job for Pinkie Pie!!!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Once again, it is just fear mongering to make money on the part of the media.

Someday, I hope someone saves you from yourself. The pharmaceutical cartels are the only people going to make money on this, same as Trump and other insider trading politicians.

The media makes money off Trump regardless.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with his position. If you have a problem with Nico, personally, take it up with him upon his return.

Why would I do that? I dislike him, a lot. You however, its like a moth to the flame with my attention. You aggravate me, yet at the same time I like talking to you. The issue is you never wanting to talk to me. You have a certain charisma that a lot of extroverts have.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Someday, I hope someone saves you from yourself. The pharmaceutical cartels are the only people going to make money on this, same as Trump and other insider trading politicians.

The media makes money off Trump regardless.

So the status quo... glad we are equally cynical.

Jaguar

Why would I do that? I dislike him, a lot. You however, its like a moth to the flame with my attention. You aggravate me, yet at the same time I like talking to you. The issue is you never wanting to talk to me. You have a certain charisma that a lot of extroverts have.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You wouldnt push a drug that has the possiblity of being helpful, while supporting more research? There is no other treatment for corona virus but hopes and prayers.

Never in my life would I, as leader of a country, waste my breath in speeches or written words to the populace (never would I tweet at all, for that matter), words about a drug that 'has the possibility of being helpful'. It is no business of mine, and for me to act like I was not only an authority on the matter but was someone who should be listened to on the matter would be ludicrous, as I am not in the medical profession nor would I have the pomposity to act like I was in a position to assure and 'comfort' the people about said drug nor had the credibility to advise. I would defer to medical experts to speak on those matters and would certainly shut my trap on any of my own possible personal opinions. As a leader I would view my role as ensuring communication, guidance, assistance to states was occurring, listening to and believing hospitals and medical staff who stated they were in need of supplies, rather than saying they are 'complainers' and other such things, and would defer, defer, defer to those who know more than I do about particular areas in their expertise, whilst tying the messages together at the end.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] [MENTION=33707]Population: 1[/MENTION] [MENTION=17945]Galena[/MENTION]

I want to be clear my intention for taking Powehi's idea is
1. I hoped that this would not be a bash trump thread, because there is enough of that in the main corona thread.
2. the corona blues thread is more a discussion of possible signs, loneliness settling, fear of losing loved ones, etc.

so I thought in a positive way this would allow those angry about certain things to rant of it. Like me, when I see articles of tik tokers licking toilets for getting attention, or Bundy up north in my state wanting to fight the quarantine procedures. I figured I likely am not the only one who wants to outright SCREAM how horrible, stupid, and toxic some of these people are when we're stressed out. But I do see where ti went which is a huge facepalm from me. But I hope you know my intention was not at all to make some political screaming match thread, and the only reason I put it in fluff is because the other rant thread is in fact in fluff.

I wanted to give people a chance to just let out frustration if they had it, over this virus, in a nice place. This isn't about who the fuck is right and wrong and those who've turned this into a political argument please just for fucks sake stop and make a new damn thread.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
in other news I'm just totally fucking done also with this, why can't you all just fucking admit both sides have failed miserably, our system is a mess, and go on because THOUSANDS ARE FUCKING DYING. Just report the misinformation posts. What good does it do to talk to a damn wall? that is literally all you are doing with each other at this point. Screaming at the wall does nothing productive.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Never in my life would I, as leader of a country, waste my breath in speeches or written words to the populace (never would I tweet at all, for that matter), words about a drug that 'has the possibility of being helpful'. It is no business of mine, and for me to act like I was not only an authority on the matter but was someone who should be listened to on the matter would be ludicrous, as I am not in the medical profession nor would I have the pomposity to act like I was in a position to assure and 'comfort' the people about said drug nor had the credibility to advise. I would defer to medical experts to speak on those matters and would certainly shut my trap on any of my own possible personal opinions. As a leader I would view my role as ensuring communication, guidance, assistance to states was occurring, listening to and believing hospitals and medical staff who stated they were in need of supplies, rather than saying they are 'complainers' and other such things, and would defer, defer, defer to those who know more than I do about particular areas in their expertise, whilst tying the messages together at the end.

Welcome to humanity sweety. Do you beg to differ humanity has done anything but invite disaster upon itself? Right and wrong doesn't matter, and I have long accepted that fact. I guarantee you, if you put all your weight into the government, you will be met with betrayal. If shit does hit the fan. Nothing will change. But Trump however, seems to be an exception to this rule. Like [MENTION=20113]Tellenbach[/MENTION] said, this shit is fine. The dangers were just blown out of proportion.

In other news, the president is the "authority". Id highly doubt he'd support anything antithetical to his cause, so I would assume most if not all environmental cases against him were out of spite.

So you are implying that you are a troll.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Welcome to humanity sweety. Do you beg to differ humanity has done anything but invite disaster upon itself? Right and wrong doesn't matter, and I have long accepted that fact. I guarantee you, if you put all your weight into the government, you will be met with betrayal. If shit does hit the fan. Nothing will change. But Trump however, seems to be an exception to this rule. Like [MENTION=20113]Tellenbach[/MENTION] said, this shit is fine. The dangers were just blown out of proportion.

In other news, the president is the "authority". Id highly doubt he'd support anything antithetical to his cause, so I would assume most if not all environmental cases against him were out of spite.

To the bolded. Ah gee -- and here you 'agreed' with me earlier. ha. Like I said - no, you didn't agree. If you had actually agreed, you wouldn't turn around and write nonsense like all of this at the turn of a hat.

Yuck. Don't call me sweety ever again - whether tongue in cheek or no. I have to go shower now.

á´…eparted

passages
To the bolded. Ah gee -- and here you 'agreed' with me earlier. ha. Like I said - no, you didn't agree. If you had actually agreed, you wouldn't turn around and write nonsense like all of this at the turn of a hat.

Yuck. Don't call me sweety ever again - whether tongue in cheek or no. I have to go shower now.

giphy.gif

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm growing increasingly concerned with things happening in COVID19s shadow across the country/world right now. Narcissists and sociopaths who have their prey locked indoors with them are probably having a grand old time with social distancing. This also seems like an easy time for people to "go missing" if you know what I mean.