• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Christians Against Dinosaurs

sorenx7

No surprise there, dinosaurs and all other species from Earth's past are in direct collision with religion. What religion litterally says can't be true if you accept the idea that Earth is 4.6 billion years old.

The only problem for religion is that there is plenty of evidence that Earth is pretty old: fossils, position and moving of continents, positions of fossil species on those continents, geochemical laws, position of mountain chains on the continents, etc. Therefore you can defiend religion only on two ways, first is that sacred books are just a interepretation of truth and the other is that god did all of these datails to tests people's faith.

The science story starts at 2:00

Plus I will post this as well.

This is like finding out I'm a fan of rock music and assuming I'm an Elvis fan. Actually, I'm not. I do, however, like Muse a lot. Likewise, assuming that all Christians believe in young earth creationism is simply not the case. There are plenty of Christians who believe in old earth creationism. In other words, that the earth is billions of years old, not thousands. Although I think the assumption is an innocent one, it really is a misrepresentation to think that young earth creationism is something that all Christians believe in.

Mole

Permabanned
This is like finding out I'm a fan of rock music and assuming I'm an Elvis fan. Actually, I'm not. I do, however, like Muse a lot. Likewise, assuming that all Christians believe in young earth creationism is simply not the case. There are plenty of Christians who believe in old earth creationism. In other words, that the earth is billions of years old, not thousands. Although I think the assumption is an innocent one, it really is a misrepresentation to think that young earth creationism is something that all Christians believe in.

And the fascinating reality is that Christians believe that the Trinity created the Big Bang.

That is, Christians believe that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, created the Big Bang.

And even more fascinating is that Christians believe the three heads, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit form the one body of God.

This so fantastic it must be Revealed Truth.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And the fascinating reality is that Christians believe that the Trinity created the Big Bang.

That is, Christians believe that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, created the Big Bang.

And even more fascinating is that Christians believe the three heads, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit form the one body of God.

This so fantastic it must be Revealed Truth.

Frankly. I'm amazed "God" can even function while he is split into three's. How isn't he brain dead

Speaking of which, he's his own Father and Son? 3 selves? Did he give birth to himself? Multiply himself??

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dinosaurs are a threat to society and, as a Christian, I am fully against them.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Stuff like this gives Christians a bad name unfortunately.

No, what gives Christians a bad name is opposing LGBT rights, advocating in favor of child abuse, opposing sexual education in schools, and supporting the notion that women should be obedient to their husbands, all in the name of THEIR beliefs.

What gives Christians a bad name is the fact that they believe that non-Christians are missing something in their lives, all while blissfully denying that their religion has a history of violence, hatred, misogyny, and homophobia. Not to mention the Bible says nothing about slavery being wrong, or forcing young girls into marriage. It's all fine as long as it's in the name of the Lord!

Stupidity isn't the problem though. The problem is how blind they are, many of them by choice, to how brutal and terrifying their religion actually is.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
bz%2BDINO%2BARK%2B11-16-08%2BWB.jpg

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Wanna know why there are no dinosaurs any more?

Because Christians, that's why.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did anyone else not know this was a thing? I really, honestly cannot find anything to show it is satire. And I'm a fan of satire.

I've known about that group for a long time. There is also a "Dinosaurs against Christians Who are against Dinosaurs."

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius is so not touching on this topic; it has been a sore topic ever since god made crocodiles and chickens the day before Falcarius.

Who the hell wakes up one day and decides today we better make those sharks, dolphins, crocodiles and fish. And then goes you know what guys, I have forgot about those birds so I making chickens, pigeons. Then decides that was a brilliant day in the office so I am blessing my pigeons and sharks and going to bed. Then wakes up the next day and decided it is time to make cows and pigs, and then goes I better make those elephants and dinosaurs. Then goes dammit, I forgot about those humans so they can be the ruler of the animal kingdom!!!:dry:

MBTI Type
INFB
Enneagram
I have been involved with their group for some time now. I can guarantee that they are true to their beliefs. Compared to many Christians I have dealt with in the past, many of the ones in this group have a very strong understanding of science and are indeed well educated. While I personally do believe that dinosaurs exist, they have made some valid points...

XV25

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have been involved with their group for some time now. I can guarantee that they are true to their beliefs. Compared to many Christians I have dealt with in the past, many of the ones in this group have a very strong understanding of science and are indeed well educated. While I personally do believe that dinosaurs exist, they have made some valid points...

In my experience, people like them usually question the validity of dating methods. Which I suppose is reasonable, the accuracy of the techniques used to determine the age of fossils, layers of rock &c. may not be clear to people who are not well educated in the field. I certainly don't understand the nuance of it.

But. BUT.

They never stop there. They don't just say "You know I am not so sure these scientists should be as confident as they are when it comes to this stuff because of x and y." They always go on to say "The truth is that god made the world, just so, and look here! its even in the bible." Which kind of undermines their argument.

MBTI Type
INFB
Enneagram
They always go on to say "The truth is that god made the world, just so, and look here! its even in the bible." Which kind of undermines their argument.

I honestly have not seen them use that argument all that often when explaining why they do not believe in dinosaurs. They generally use scientific facts and often reference to The Bone Wars, how museums only display plaster replicas rather than actual bones, that we have never unearthed a fully intact skeleton, and the many bones/fossils that have been proven to be counterfeit. Many of them believe dinosaurs to be a conspiracy weaved by the Museum Industrial Complex in order to profit through merchandise, fossil sales, and large government grants. Most of the admins in their group are very well educated and I know at least one of their administrators has a Masters degree in Sedimentary Geology and at one point was training to becoming a paleontologist. Definitely not your average Christian group.

XV25

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I honestly have not seen them use that argument all that often when explaining why they do not believe in dinosaurs. They generally use scientific facts and often reference to The Bone Wars, how museums only display plaster replicas rather than actual bones, that we have never unearthed a fully intact skeleton, and the many bones/fossils that have been proven to be counterfeit. Many of them believe dinosaurs to be a conspiracy weaved by the Museum Industrial Complex in order to profit through merchandise, fossil sales, and large government grants. Most of the admins in their group are very well educated and I know at least one of their administrators has a Masters degree in Sedimentary Geology and at one point was training to becoming a paleontologist. Definitely not your average Christian group.

I don't see how the lack of intact skeletons has anything to do with the issue. The evolution of humans maybe, but not the existence of dinosaurs. All you need is a bone (well maybe more than one), replaced with mineral over time, and a method to date it and there is some proof to throw in the "dinosaurs existed, and a long time ago" bucket.

Maybe there is a vast, centuries old conspiracy where every museum in the world is faking every fossil, and maybe they have been successfully able to keep the charade up for all this time. Maybe every scientist in the field is in on it too. It's about as likely as the Illuminati controlling all the world's governments and bringing about a New World Order, but still possible I suppose.

I personally have not dug up a fossil, dated it, studied it and the environment it came from. I don't work in a museum so as far as I know, the plaster replicas of bones have no original and it is all made up. I have to take it on faith that fossils exist and they form the way I have been told they form. That some people are not convinced of what other people have told them doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is the wild jumps in logic, and willingness to embrace something super convoluted and unlikely over a simple if not entirely true explanation. I mean do these people really think it is more likely that all fossils have been faked, and all the scientific tests used to date things are wrong, and that people are competent enough to fool pretty much everyone in the world about the existence of dinosaurs for so long? And back to the group itself, their alternative explanation for everything is the bible. Their website says "Teaching others to deny the dinosaur lie and accept the lord", so their criticism in necessarily tied to their faith.

I guess anything seems rational when you believe in magic.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sure it's my fevered mind, but I'm imagining the early Christians taking on arms and actually wiping out living dinosaurs in 1 C.E., all references in literature or depictions, on some sort of early crusade, with a secret order formed to make sure the eradication of their memory stays permanent.

As for the reality of the site, I don't know, I think the crazy is always going to be out there (and in you), I like that I can look it up on the internet.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm sure it's my fevered mind, but I'm imagining the early Christians taking on arms and actually wiping out living dinosaurs in 1 C.E., all references in literature or depictions, on some sort of early crusade, with a secret order formed to make sure the eradication of their memory stays permanent.

I was thinking something kind of similar..

In that, between Christians and dinosaurs, Christians kind of have a leg up. Because all the dinosaurs are dead. Like, I could win a duel against Aaron Burr right now. He used to be a good shot, but not anymore.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking something kind of similar..

In that, between Christians and dinosaurs, Christians kind of have a leg up. Because all the dinosaurs are dead. Like, I could win a duel against Aaron Burr right now. He used to be a good shot, but not anymore.

When Jurassic Park came out it must have freaked them out.

MBTI Type
INFB
Enneagram
I don't see how the lack of intact skeletons has anything to do with the issue. The evolution of humans maybe, but not the existence of dinosaurs. All you need is a bone (well maybe more than one), replaced with mineral over time, and a method to date it and there is some proof to throw in the "dinosaurs existed, and a long time ago" bucket.

Maybe there is a vast, centuries old conspiracy where every museum in the world is faking every fossil, and maybe they have been successfully able to keep the charade up for all this time. Maybe every scientist in the field is in on it too. It's about as likely as the Illuminati controlling all the world's governments and bringing about a New World Order, but still possible I suppose.

I personally have not dug up a fossil, dated it, studied it and the environment it came from. I don't work in a museum so as far as I know, the plaster replicas of bones have no original and it is all made up. I have to take it on faith that fossils exist and they form the way I have been told they form. That some people are not convinced of what other people have told them doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is the wild jumps in logic, and willingness to embrace something super convoluted and unlikely over a simple if not entirely true explanation. I mean do these people really think it is more likely that all fossils have been faked, and all the scientific tests used to date things are wrong, and that people are competent enough to fool pretty much everyone in the world about the existence of dinosaurs for so long? And back to the group itself, their alternative explanation for everything is the bible. Their website says "Teaching others to deny the dinosaur lie and accept the lord", so their criticism in necessarily tied to their faith.

I guess anything seems rational when you believe in magic.

Here is the thing, they are not a group based on debating religion, they are a group of people who happen to be Christian and do not agree that dinosaurs ever existed. Their response to that is Religion and God are a matter of faith, while dinosaurs are considered to be a scientific fact, so they must be backed by heaps of irrefutable physical evidence. However, they claim that there is not enough physical evidence to prove dinosaurs did exist for it to be considered anything beyond a theory.

As for the MIC or Museum Industrial Complex, it would not really be a vast, centuries old conspiracy. Dinosaurs were not formally discovered until 1842, less than 200 years ago. The Bone Wars soon followed and lasted until the 1890's. Since then many of the dinosaurs "discovered" or classified during that time period have since been declared as false, mostly because the men involved were basically just tossing hunks of bone together based off how they wanted the dinosaurs to look, including the Brontosaurus which was recently denounced as ever existing. If there did indeed exist a Museum Industrial Complex, it would most likely be less than 100 years old.

Regarding the plaster replicas in museums, I personally looked into that and they are right. If you contact a museum that has a dinosaur exhibit they will confirm that they do use replicas and that the bones are far too fragile to display in the open. Not every scientist would be involved in the conspiracy, I myself am a scientist and like most scientists, have zero involvement with the field of paleontology. It would be a very small number of scientists in on it, mainly those with degrees in Sedimentary Geology and Paleobiology.

So their defense would be
The physical appearance of many species was conceptualized prior to fitting the bones in place (how?)
There has never been a fully discovered dinosaur skeleton discovered, only fragments.
Dinosaurs were not formally discovered until less than 200 years ago
An overwhelming amount of dinosaurs discovered during the bone wars have been proven as fakes
Museums make large profit off advertising dinosaur displays, but if questioned, they will admit they do not display actual bones....that being said, has anyone actually seen a dinosaur bone beyond those who work in the field of paleontology or museums?

Again, I do believe that dinosaurs did exist, I myself am not religious, but they can make a decent argument without bringing their religion into the mix. I can also see why they feel the physical evidence that exist could be considered flimsy at best. This is not all their ideas or reasons why, they have many more, I just am going off what I have seen them use recently.