• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Christians Against Dinosaurs

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Did anyone else not know this was a thing? I really, honestly cannot find anything to show it is satire. And I'm a fan of satire.

á´…eparted

passages
Wow, what a fucking joke if that thing is for real!

It pisses me off when people do this kind of stuff! It's factually wrong and provable! AGH

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Honestly, I've heard of this kind of thing before. I'm not surprised.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

And when I was on my religious mission: One of my favorite guys I used to hang out wore this shirt:

jesus-vs-dinosuar-t-shirt.jpg

:rofl1:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Stuff like this gives Christians a bad name unfortunately.

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
There are people that don't believe in evolution, and people who believe their religion forbids them from taking modern medicine. Why is this that shocking? We have proof that contradicts a lot of popular beliefs, but people continue to latch on.

Mole

Permabanned
Who can blame them?

Dinosaurs are after all cold blooded lizards.

There are people in the world who have the eyes of cold blooded lizards. Who would trust them, if you look into their eyes you see something utterly alien.

I once killed a whole family of lizards on a hot day amid the boulders in Stoney Creek, blood everywhere. I have always felt guilty, I expect the Great Lizard in the Sky is waiting to punish me the moment I make the mistake of dying.

Who will save me from the Great Lizard? Who knows, perhaps Christians Against Dinosaurs?

I honestly can't say, no animal was harmed in the making of this post.

Last edited:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Stuff like this gives Christians a bad name unfortunately.

Well if you are a true christian believer it's kind of hard to believe in disosaurs. Unless you are one of those christians who is willing to say that a shit ton of the bible is inaccurate or metaphorical. But then one has to wonder where the bullshit and the metaphors end.

Last edited:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
There are people that don't believe in evolution, and people who believe their religion forbids them from taking modern medicine. Why is this that shocking? We have proof that contradicts a lot of popular beliefs, but people continue to latch on.

I mean, I was pretty shocked that people were as... extreme as they turned out to be when I learned about it the first time to be fair. I didn't know about the aluminum-foil-hat style chemtrail poison-is-everywhere-how-are-we-not-all-dead-yet types until pretty recently in my life. In fact, until I started researching evidence based nutrition after I tried a fad-diet and got real sick feeling (worst month of my life) around the same time gluten-free-ism became popular (I never tried gluten free though), I really didn't have any clue how uneducated people were--or unwilling they were to be educated in stuff like this.

But really, everything is so damn shocking about this. How joking it really sounds aside.. the EVERYTHING is just straight up bat-shit.
That paleontologists are somehow millionaire assholes that aren't working hard long days of thankless passionate work to never be recognized except through a small following for things they made happen like everyone experiencing the magnitude of dinosaurs at their leisure for $20 max.
Or how somehow the whole globe who cannot unite on literally anything just about since Hitler died just got on board and said "Yup!" to promoting evolution.
Or how all of the expensive equipment, time, care, and pain staking measures are taken to preserve something that we supposedly made out of Spackle and some pinterest photos.
Or how just... flabbergasting the video that girl posted is. Everything about it, from how you can tangibly feel how illogically her brain processes things and how she jumps from topic to topic in such a haphazard way, to the subject itself not even being well expounded on.. Just loose-change style "I know I'm right, I'm telling you I am, now you should believe me" that I haven't seen since... Well.. Loose Change. :laugh:
And, probably most importantly, is how crazy the number of followers they have is. It is a ridiculous amount. Not hundreds. Thousands of people. And sure, many might just be trolls or people observing for the sake of it.. but they aren't all trolls. A good majority is probably genuinely interested.

:shrug: If that all represented in a 5 minute video isn't shocking, I dunno what to tell ya. I was definitely shocked by it. Not completely surprised because, as you said, people believe a LOT of horseshit.. but it is not the normal "Girls cannot eat more than 1200 calories because then no one will marry you" bullshit for sure.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well if you are a true christian believer it's kind of hard to believe in disosaurs. Unless you are one of those christians who are.willing to say that a shit ton of the bible is inaccurate or metaphorical. But then one has to wonder where the bullshit and the metaphors end.

Metaphorical. Allegorical. Yup. I wouldn't say bullshit. But I'm not one to take the Bible literally as there are many interpretations and many versions where one change in sentence structure could mean something different than the other version.

I also don't think evolution proves how the universe was created (life started) but rather how it came to be what it is today. How life started is still theory.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
But really, everything is so damn shocking about this. How joking it really sounds aside.. the EVERYTHING is just straight up bat-shit.

I've seen several things calling this a hoax but, it wouldn't be shocking or bat-shit crazy, to me. Well, it is crazy but not too crazy to happen. I've come to understand that people will allow themselves to be lead anywhere because it's much easier to follow than to think and decide for themselves, even if it's bat-shit crazy. It does bother me that children are brainwashed but the adults - I don't care. They are beyond helping and wouldn't want it anyway.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I've seen several things calling this a hoax but, it wouldn't be shocking or bat-shit crazy, to me. Well, it is crazy but not too crazy to happen. I've come to understand that people will allow themselves to be lead anywhere because it's much easier to follow than to think and decide for themselves, even if it's bat-shit crazy. It does bother me that children are brainwashed but the adults - I don't care. They are beyond helping and wouldn't want it anyway.

There is an unconvinced part of me that thinks this is a big joke. Especially since the same girl keeps popping up. But damn if it isn't a good one if it is.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Metaphorical. Allegorical. Yup. I wouldn't say bullshit. But I'm not one to take the Bible literally as there are many interpretations and many versions where one change in sentence structure could mean something different than the other version.

I also don't think evolution proves how the universe was created (life started) but rather how it came to be what it is today. How life started is still theory.

Clearly the bible disagrees with evolution irrespective of proof.