• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Aura colors

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah. I do consider it a (small) possibility that one day we'll be able to interpret electrical discharges to something useful. I dunno...maybe to even detect an illness or something.
But right now the pseudoscience is interpreting the discharges as colors and as indiciations of a person's mood or personality and that is anything but rooted in fact. Very similar to astrology, the pseudoscience, compared to astronomy, the science.

This is actually really interesting, because I find energies and electrical discharges as very vivid and useful topic. I believe everything is energy and so I also believe these energies might predict more, than we are able to admit. If you imagine a thought as pure enegry and a whole spectrum of thoughts as something that your mind creates for years of living, there's a possiblity of creating a color that actually has meaning to your inner thinking process. I think what a lot of people see as spiritual, can have very rational ground if you can see energies as more than just what we know about it. I think there's a possiblity that all the spirituality and pseudoscience as you say can actually be prooven by functioning the different energies together to create the whole spectrum of colors, characteristics and bahave in a lot of way, that we can't yet explain.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I think there's a possiblity that all the spirituality and pseudoscience as you say can actually be prooven by functioning the different energies together to create the whole spectrum of colors, characteristics and bahave in a lot of way, that we can't yet explain.

Well I understand what you mean. Just think you're underestimating the leap between measuring electrical emissions from a body and translating that to actual thought patterns and behaviorism. For analysing tought patterns you need to have an instrument that is much more precise like an EEG (Electroencephalography (EEG) is the recording of electrical activity along the scalp). And even then it is still a long stretch from using that data for psychology.

Just to put it in perspective : Apparently the colors derived from Kirlian Photography or aura photography are heavily influenced by the moisture content on the surface of and within the living object. So the derived colors are really not even close to being representative for thought processes going on within the subject (that is if we can at least agree that thoughts & feelings, and thus personality, are formed inside the brain and nowhere else. because if we don't you've lost me here ;)).

Anyway...I really like the idea of reading people's "energies" some day, someway, somehow. The idea itself has been used many times in movies, stories, novels and so on (like the bestselling book The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield for instance). But uptil now they're all fictional I'm afraid ;)

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Abstract Tan, Lavender, Green

I couldn't stop laughing at the last three, especially Indigo.

"I have clear memories of past lives or can see beings in other dimensions." :laugh:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got Crystal, Indigo, & Violet.

...I'll read whatever the hell that means later, I guess.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Logical Tan, Environmental Tan, Yellow

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Your Life Colors are:
Yellow Abstract Tan, Violet

Cool, thx!

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got lavender, crystal, and abstract tan. Interesting!

Daenera

Rogue heart
"I have clear memories of past lives or can see beings in other dimensions."

*choose this answer if you've been visited occasionally by a giant bunny rabbit warning about the end of the world

*also if you're considering this answer you might wanna check first if you forgot to take your pills ;)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you believe in existence of aura or not it sure is an interesting theory. I personally beliee, that everything and everyone creates some energy around them and I accept there is a possibility of it being colorful as the energy might create the whole spectrum. Anyway the thing I wanted to ask is do you know your aura color? For me it's violet and I relate to it very well. It sounds a lot like a description of an NF type, so I was wondering if other NF types have this color as well? If not what is your color? If you don't know you can take the online test here http://www.lifecolorscity.com/en/questionnaire/lifecolors.html. If you don't believe it being real at least it's an interesting theory and a chance to learn something new. :) Here is some description of violet aura http://www.patheos.com/blogs/spiritualityandconsciousness/2012/10/violet-and-lavender-aura-color-personalities/

I'm really sensitive to energy. I don't so much "see" auras as just intuitively connect a certain color with a person in my mind. Like, my sense of you, Sophia is very much in line with what you said in the OP. I think the primary color is a very dark violet, but I also get the sense of some indigo in your aura (especially around the face/neck area), though it's not as dominant. I'm fairly certain that you have strong native intuitive/psychic ability, and are likely clairaudient. Maybe occasionally have prophetic dreams or at least a frequent sense of deja vu in your day to day life. Along those lines, while I get the sense that you haven't explored it quite yet, you probably have some native ability as a medium. Just an absolute abundance of gifts! :happy2: Or that's my impression, at least. I'd be curious if any of that resonates with you.

I find that a lot of native intuitive ability can be something of a mixed blessing. I wasn't really aware of my own until later in life. It's a constant challenge having that awareness, keeping track of what's real versus just conjecture. As an NT, I've never totally been at ease with that part of myself, but I've been forced almost to acknowledge it as a legitimate part of myself and do what I can to integrate it into the rest of my life. It can feel like being in the closet sometimes! People know instinctively that you're different, but it can be difficult to share what you know to be true about yourself. Idk.

Alternatively, I could just be crazy. :shrug:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm really sensitive to energy. I don't so much "see" auras as just intuitively connect a certain color with a person in my mind. Like, my sense of you, Sophia is very much in line with what you said in the OP. I think the primary color is a very dark violet, but I also get the sense of some indigo in your aura (especially around the face/neck area), though it's not as dominant. I'm fairly certain that you have strong native intuitive/psychic ability, and are likely clairaudient. Maybe occasionally have prophetic dreams or at least a frequent sense of deja vu in your day to day life. Along those lines, while I get the sense that you haven't explored it quite yet, you probably have some native ability as a medium. Just an absolute abundance of gifts! :happy2: Or that's my impression, at least. I'd be curious if any of that resonates with you.

I find that a lot of native intuitive ability can be something of a mixed blessing. I wasn't really aware of my own until later in life. It's a constant challenge having that awareness, keeping track of what's real versus just conjecture. As an NT, I've never totally been at ease with that part of myself, but I've been forced almost to acknowledge it as a legitimate part of myself and do what I can to integrate it into the rest of my life. It can feel like being in the closet sometimes! People know instinctively that you're different, but it can be difficult to share what you know to be true about yourself. Idk.

Alternatively, I could just be crazy. :shrug:

wow, thank you so much for this post! I relate to what you wrote very strongly. I used to have prophetic dreams mostly in my early teenage years almost every week and when I was younger I really believed I have some visionary abilities (sounds crazy, I know), but as I grew up I tried to be more rational about these things and latter totally lost conenction with this part of mine. Now when I am 20 I had some problems with finding the meaning of my life and felt depressed and I thought it might be because I lost the contact with my abalities however irrational it might sound, so I tried to excercise some mental training, but it doesn't come so natural to me now. It's really hard for me to be aware of these things, or use it, even though I feel that something like that really is inside of me. I tried so hard to be more down to earth and don't really think about this until latter.

About the indigo aura, I think you might be right. I feel some connection with this color, but I am also aware it's not so strong I could call myself indigo.

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Interesting test. I got Lavender, Violet, and Abstract Tan.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't take aura literally (like people literally emit colors some can see), but I think people have sort of intangible vibes & we may associate these with certain colors that maybe symbolize some archetype in our subconscious. I think for the more imaginative, they may "see" these in that the association causes some fantasy experience mentally that simulates the experience of an "aura". An example of something like this is when I've smashed my hand & it almost looks like my hand is getting bigger & smaller, the way throbbing is shown in a cartoon. It's not, but I almost see it because I have a strong mental association with that kind of pain & that particular visual.

Anyway, I usually score violet &/or lavender, but can be surprisingly high on green.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've taken this test, and the predecessor on which it is based. I've written about these things before on TypC elsewhere, multiple times.

Anyways: Indigo, sometimes crystal second, sometimes physical tan or nurturing tan or mental tan. Other systems who either do green differently or split into two types of green I come out green or light green on.

For the record, this is aura color as a "personality type", NOT necessarily aura color as "the predominant colors in your [emotional] aura". Blue, green, and maybe purple/indigo are typically somewhat different between these two versions.

Under the second definition I am green and blue and purple.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Logical Tan, Red, Green

(probably in equal parts)

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What if Auras are another way of synaesthesia?