• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are there any gamers on the forum?

TricoFeathers

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
so
Gamer here! I've played console, text-based (Telnet games), PC, some casual LARPing, and tabletop. My favorite tabletop game was Werewolf: the Apocalypse but my HS friends were more into D&D. I'm primarily into console games now, on PS almost exclusively. I like a lot of the classic platformers like Spyro, Jack and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank. Some lesser known titles like Legend of Legaia and Jade Cocoon. Other ones include the Far Cry series, Kingdom Hearts, Horizon Zero Dawn, Last of Us, all of the Ico games but Last Guardian's the best, Red Dead Redemption, Enslaved, indie games like RIME and Never Alone. I love The Isle on PC but I'm crap at keyboard controls, I wish they would release a console version. I'm not as much into the steampunk or post apocalypse genre. If it has animals, mecha animals, zombies, looks gorgeous, and/or has awesome story I'll give it a go.

Sundae

MBTI Type
INFP
SJGdtyh.png

6SYqQ1C.png

xqqqvLB.png

Screenshot_20190116-003357.png

Forge of Empires, Elvenar, Clash of Clans, and Castle Clash, respectively.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't game nearly as much as I used to back in my younger days (I spent most of my childhood through early adulthood either playing console games or competitive online games). As I've gotten older, my patience and attention span for games has waned dramatically -- nowadays I'm much more content to watch a Let's play or read the plot on Wikipedia on a game than I am willing to invest the man hours.

Guilty. 1st gen video gamer. Pong was my first game. I was trained on an Atari 2600. Had a Commodore 64. I still play video games when possible. I’ve played a few recently due to being ill and laid up on my couch at times.

The Resident Evil 2 remake has- and I’m not afraid to admit it- scared the shit out of me a couple of times. Which means it’s worth the purchase. You don’t play survival horror games for the comfort factor do you? Anyway, it’s an excellent tribute to the original which I played back in 98’.

I’m also a veteran of tabletop games. Years of D&D, Cyberpunk 2020, and World Of Darkness. Nothing beats a good RPG session with a talented DM/GM.

Nerdy and proud mofo’s.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I 'gamed' quite a bit growing up on the original Nintendo and Super Nintendo systems. Systems and games beyond that weren't for me; couldn't ever get into the 3d/realism elements and always loved the original systems. I also played a lot of older computer games in the 90's, like tank wars (ha), various kingsquest and spacequest games, a game called 'Loom' was a fave :wubbie:, and other 'simple' old school computer games.

I also grew up playing a lot of the older style board games, like monopoly, boggle, scrabble, lots of cribbage, some card games, a game called whodunit..

These days I only do board games, I play various Dominion sets with friends, Smallworld on occasion, a fun game called Azul, sometimes Carcassone, and I just pre-ordered a new game called Wingspan that I'm super excited about. (I've also played Pandemic, Suburbia, and a few others I don't recall the name of, but I don't own those ones)

Deprecator

Absolutely I game! Lately I've been playing vanilla WoW on a private server, mostly lower level pvp in battle grounds. I really look forward to official legacy servers being released by Blizzard simply because I thought Burning Crusade and Lich King were by far the best expansions. Anyways, this is me on my elemental shaman in warsong gulch.

2019-01-13.png

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Absolutely I game! Lately I've been playing vanilla WoW on a private server, mostly lower level pvp in battle grounds. I really look forward to official legacy servers being released by Blizzard simply because I thought Burning Crusade and Lich King were by far the best expansions. Anyways, this is me on my elemental shaman in warsong gulch.

2019-01-13.png

Did you play during vanilla days? I’m curious about the legacy servers since I suspect my love of those days is just pure nostalgia playing with my rl friends.

———-
Stopped playing wow since bfa is garbage.

Been working my way thru assassins creed Greek odyssey except I’m annoyed that I figured out who the major villain was with one clue.

Bf has been playing sea of thieves and loving it. I tried it on my pc and got nauseated so I guess it’s console or nothing for me.

I really want to get a switch but have to be better about money and I need a new phone more. :)

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

2019-01-13.png

I'm sitting here on the blizzard website debating whether or not to reactivate my account with BfA -- Please talk me off the ledge...I know 2 hours after reactivating my account, I'll regret having done so.

Deprecator

Did you play during vanilla days? I’m curious about the legacy servers since I suspect my love of those days is just pure nostalgia playing with my rl friends.
Yes, I was playing WoW back in 2004 -- at the time I thought it was the best game ever created and my opinion on that hasn't really changed since. The grind was brutal, the dungeons were ridiculous and just simple things like making enough gold for a mount by level 40 was far from casual friendly. These "hardcore" aspects of the game helped create a real sense of community for me, and that's part of the reason why I continue playing vanilla WoW today. Honestly I think most of us on the private servers today are former vanilla players who are absolutely disgusted with what modern retail WoW has become. It was an amazing game and it was ruined by blizzard becoming corporatized and mainstream when trying to appeal to the never ending complaints by casuals.

I'm sitting here on the blizzard website debating whether or not to reactivate my account with BfA -- Please talk me off the ledge...I know 2 hours after reactivating my account, I'll regret having done so.
I knew that modern retail was trash, but I didn't realize just how much it degenerated until I started playing vanilla WoW again. IMO, a very vocal minority of casuals kept complaining about things that made WoW great, and sadly blizzard took those complaints seriously. For one of many examples, personally I loved the difficulty level of the cataclysm heroic dungeons when they were initially released, and it's a real shame that when a very vocal subsection of the community started crying about it blizzard took that feedback seriously and then subsequently made the MoP heroic dungeons a complete joke. Personally I never looked back from the (modern) game after MoP, and I would be very impressed if I ever met someone who thought that modern retail WoW is an improvement from what it once was.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Don’t do it. For real. It’s soooooo boring. And the stick is more apparent than the carrot.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Don’t do it. For real. It’s soooooo boring. And the stick is more apparent than the carrot.

Oh God no. I mean, i quit before the expansion came out but from I've heard and seen of it I don't think I am missing anything...cept maybe a trash fire.

[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION]
This screen-cap should be all the connivincing you'll ever need to stay away.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh God no. I mean, i quit before the expansion came out but from I've heard and seen of it I don't think I am missing anything...cept maybe a trash fire.

[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION]
This screen-cap should be all the connivincing you'll ever need to stay away.

It’s been almost as bad as WoD launch except instead of nothing to do it’s. Do these exact same tasks over and over and over again for less gold and more time than you spent in legion because monthly active users hashtag. And then the hamster wheel of gear is even more obvious.

It’s very sad how much the quality has gone downhill after how amazing blizzard was at the start.

It’s also been super obvious this expac was rushed out the gate because $$$ and could have used another 3-4 months to polish up.

There’s been 2 content patches? I think? I’ve missed them both because when I read what they have it’s just the devs doubling down on their terrible ideas so no thank you.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s been almost as bad as WoD launch except instead of nothing to do it’s. Do these exact same tasks over and over and over again for less gold and more time than you spent in legion because monthly active users hashtag. And then the hamster wheel of gear is even more obvious.

It’s very sad how much the quality has gone downhill after how amazing blizzard was at the start.

It’s also been super obvious this expac was rushed out the gate because $$$ and could have used another 3-4 months to polish up.

There’s been 2 content patches? I think? I’ve missed them both because when I read what they have it’s just the devs doubling down on their terrible ideas so no thank you.

WoD, while not my favorite xpac, was somewhat tolerable. I HATED Legion, even after leveling 3 characters to max and doing a few raids. It just seemed grindy for the sake of itself with very little substance behind it -- sort of like they were putting artificial time sinks into the game to impede your progress (artifact weapons, artifact power, ect)

From what I hear BfA is much of the same.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WoD, while not my favorite xpac, was somewhat tolerable. I HATED Legion, even after leveling 3 characters to max and doing a few raids. It just seemed grindy for the sake of itself with very little substance behind it -- sort of like they were putting artificial time sinks into the game to impede your progress (artifact weapons, artifact power, ect)

From what I hear BfA is much of the same.

Bfa is legion 2.0.

New content: warfronts aka borefronts and Island expeditions wherein they made a complicated loot system that made no sense for months and they’ve had to nerf multiple times because no one likes them.

And. That’s it.

Oh wait you can unlock fat humans with missing eyes in the next patch. Yay.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I was playing WoW back in 2004 -- at the time I thought it was the best game ever created and my opinion on that hasn't really changed since. The grind was brutal, the dungeons were ridiculous and just simple things like making enough gold for a mount by level 40 was far from casual friendly. These "hardcore" aspects of the game helped create a real sense of community for me, and that's part of the reason why I continue playing vanilla WoW today. Honestly I think most of us on the private servers today are former vanilla players who are absolutely disgusted with what modern retail WoW has become. It was an amazing game and it was ruined by blizzard becoming corporatized and mainstream when trying to appeal to the never ending complaints by casuals.

I knew that modern retail was trash, but I didn't realize just how much it degenerated until I started playing vanilla WoW again. IMO, a very vocal minority of casuals kept complaining about things that made WoW great, and sadly blizzard took those complaints seriously. For one of many examples, personally I loved the difficulty level of the cataclysm heroic dungeons when they were initially released, and it's a real shame that when a very vocal subsection of the community started crying about it blizzard took that feedback seriously and then subsequently made the MoP heroic dungeons a complete joke. Personally I never looked back from the (modern) game after MoP, and I would be very impressed if I ever met someone who thought that modern retail WoW is an improvement from what it once was.

Idk. I played at launch and it was an amazing game back then. It has lost a lot of its magic but I feel that that’s the nature of how things evolve. I don’t want to play the exact same game for forever because if the game doesn’t change then I’m changing.

I like a lot of modern features that the game has brought forth. The game has always has some form of time gating it’s just that it changes expac to expac.

The genie is out of the bottle though so the game will never be what it was again.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Bfa is legion 2.0.

New content: warfronts aka borefronts and Island expeditions wherein they made a complicated loot system that made no sense for months and they’ve had to nerf multiple times because no one likes them.

And. That’s it.

Oh wait you can unlock fat humans with missing eyes in the next patch. Yay.

I'm morbidly curious, what exactly are these expeditions?

I quit towards the end of Legion. I put in SO MUCH time and effort grinding and raiding for gear only to get nothing-that is not an exaggeration, not a single piece of gear ( poor luck in loot roles)- for 7 months all the while my guild kept doing the same and getting further and further ahead. It became impossible for me to ever catch up. And as great as my guildies were, fanboys will never ever the game for anything so the started to blame me saying I wasn't trying hard enough.

The story has always been complete garbage, I describe it as Michael Bay if he hated his job and his fans and was trying to get out of a contract- the players are (mostly) assholes so it wasn't as if I had any incentive to stick around.