• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Any other INTJ females out there?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a half-human male, I can only semi-relate, but maybe the Vulcan INTJ females can shed some light here, if it isn't too personal for them.
Of course it is. That sort of information falls squarely under "none of your business".

Luet

MBTI Type
INTJ
But isn't true this type only has sex once every seven years?

Pon farr | Memory Alpha | FANDOM powered by Wikia

As a half-human male, I can only semi-relate, but maybe the Vulcan INTJ females can shed some light here, if it isn't too personal for them.

It seems that a lot of men look for a sort of steroptypical femininity I just can't provide. I tend to think my independence and emotional strenght is offputting to many guys. Which is a shame since I think independency and strenght mix well with feminity.

Another influencing factor: as a INTJ I'm not interested in shallow relations.

It takes a confident man willing to commit to get me to bed. Unfortunately such a man only passes by once every seven years ;)

Luet

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instead, I cultivate in myself those traits which I value

I think this is an example of the independency the INTJ - just another basket of qualities - is famous for. Hence we tend not to sculpt ourselves to current stereotypes

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it is bizarre isn't it. I hardly ever fit in with a group of women but it always takes others a while to notice.

It is funny how it bothers me that I'm seen as 'one of the ladies'. I feel misinterpreted. It really shouldn't bother me so much since I'm new in the team and we need time to get to know each other.
But I guess it's a thing for INTJ's, we badly want to be understood I think. Another example of this: to get this new job I needed to do a DISC-test. The testresults greatly bothered me since I (and a few of my close ones) didn't recognise the results to be accurate. I absolutely hated releasing the testresults to the selectionteam, although I knew it wouldn't be a issue in the selection process.

I think the most awkward moments is any time there is a company gift exchange, or if the "ladies" try to get you presents on your birthday. I can't count how many times I've received gifts for stereotypical women, that I would never use. As much as I appreciate the gesture.

I totally get wanting to be understood, and its like... a extreme treat if it ever happens. Then the people who do understand you, seem to want to superimpose/tell you their views of femininity, and suggest things(usually guys that do this). So they can like you as a sexual partner, especially if you are one of the more androgynous/masculine types like me.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tested INTJ when I was in high school, but then I turned into an INTP during college. I'm pretty sure the brutal and sundry logical beatdowns from philosophy professors had something to do with it.

"Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does."
-sartre

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the most awkward moments is any time there is a company gift exchange, or if the "ladies" try to get you presents on your birthday. I can't count how many times I've received gifts for stereotypical women, that I would never use. As much as I appreciate the gesture.

I totally get wanting to be understood, and its like... a extreme treat if it ever happens. Then the people who do understand you, seem to want to superimpose/tell you their views of femininity, and suggest things(usually guys that do this). So they can like you as a sexual partner, especially if you are one of the more androgynous/masculine types like me.
Perhaps I have just been lucky, but I have been spared this in my workplaces. We don't do gift exchanges, and if we did, stereotypes should have no place, same for treating people like (potential) sexual partners. If you feel some connection there, pursue it away from the office. People who understand me at all realize the stereotypes don't apply, and don't press them. They might explain why they enjoy some of the stereotypical things themselves, but that's different. To each her/his own.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Next time there's a gift exchange, you could suggest doing something where everyone fills out a little form about what they like, so that it's more likely everyone gets something they actually want.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Next time there's a gift exchange, you could suggest doing something where everyone fills out a little form about what they like, so that it's more likely everyone gets something they actually want.

But Lumi, that requires socializing and taking on tons of responsibity, organization etc. Im too lazy and unmotivated to do something like that. :p

I'd rather just take my hand lotion, and nail kit. :p

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But Lumi, that requires socializing and taking on tons of responsibity, organization etc. Im too lazy and unmotivated to do something like that. :p

:alttongue:

But you could just print something like this out.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Actually I wouldn't mind those, unless the lotion scent is horrid. I get dry skin so go through alot of lotion, and spare files and clippers are always handy.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually I wouldn't mind those, unless the lotion scent is horrid. I get dry skin so go through alot of lotion, and spare files and clippers are always handy.

Lol, I am not even sure if my recent stuff was actually lotion. It was probably jelly. It did come in handy when I got friction blisters. So its not like im throwing it away lol. I can't do anything with my nails, because I work with corrosive chemicals and it would ruin them very easily. Then I just don't bother with them, and am generally bare minimum grooming.

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
For my first 2 years here, most folks thought I was a guy. I didn't bother to correct them. Only later did I start doing so. I wanted to see if there would be any difference in how I was received or approached. There wasn't. There are several of us on here, including a couple who haven't posted much in recent years.
I also thought you were a man, until I saw this post. I simply assumed that you were a man due to your male Avatar, without thinking any further. I think it is impossible to discern the difference between men and woman online, especially on the writing style.
I'm not an INTJ but I play one on TV.

Oh also I don't have a dick, so I'm halfway there.
Wait, are you an actress? That’s awesome! I always wanted to become an actor. But the film industry is bad here in Switzerland. In what TV show do you play?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
We make up just .8% of the population after all. I was wondering if there was anyone else like me out there?

I tend to say I am a dude online, because its bothersome to reveal yourself as female. No one takes you seriously after you reveal yourself most of the time, or they try to get together with you and it is very frustrating. On the flip side, its a great chance to really flex your knowledge in areas where no one would respect you if you were a female.
I am a female INTJ.
I am in my early 60s, so I have mellowed quite a bit, learned how to play nicely in the sandbox with the other kids, and how to tolerate and initiate small-talk!

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
We make up just .8% of the population after all. I was wondering if there was anyone else like me out there?

I tend to say I am a dude online, because its bothersome to reveal yourself as female. No one takes you seriously after you reveal yourself most of the time, or they try to get together with you and it is very frustrating. On the flip side, its a great chance to really flex your knowledge in areas where no one would respect you if you were a female.
Seems like every woman who writes about MBTI is (or claims to be) INTJ.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got the opposite tendency. People tend to think I'm a female when I'm actually not (though I feel and look more androgynous than anything and do consider myself genderfluid) though i'm ENTP like the op

Maybe something about the way I speak, and imagery.

So I .. do in fact break stereotype and have since I was a kid.

And I usually tend to be drawn to androgyny in some way anyway. Dislike the stereotypical man and woman schtick. Wear occasional eyeshadow, have long hair, ect.