• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another Type me rabbit hole.

parkalop

-So I've been at odds with my type for a while, by a while I mean about a year now and instead of getting to a conclusive answer I find myself thousands of steps behind, pretty much in a perpetual loop of Self discovery and confusion. I keep internally finding reasons why I could be any other type even to the point of accidentally creating my own mini theory on cognitive functions. When I was trying to get typed by others and then myself I almost viewed each function as embodying it's own personality with it interacting with other functions with the external behavior we observe from others and even how we analyze our own thought process being a bi product of the conflict with our own functions(More of just a personal analysis honestly.).

-Childhood was interesting to say the least, I was actually quite outgoing always looking for someone to exchange and trade our imagination with, I guess when I was very young it was easier but as I grew older everyone else moved on from the world of fantasy, the empirical nature of our world grounding them to a level that would be required for them to operate in the real world, unfortunately I didn't get the memo and this caused me a world of torment for me. I had one friend to share my fantasies effectively bordering on maladaptive daydreaming, we substituted reality for our own subjective worlds with each action in the physical world being substituted by our created characters. Our entire friendship was literally one massive daydream never telling the other that we were just "playing pretend". I was also for some odd reason interested in occultism and certain psychological practices as well(I still am by the way). When I said world of torment it was more my disappointment at people's lack of open-ended thinking.

-At my core I was still the same individual when I became a teen in fact I didn't change much. I never did well in English since adherence to structure was very difficult for me and when I would write it would be in the detached weird way that I'm writing now. If I were to describe my specific thought process which I have analyzed for awhile it would also depend on the scenario but it definitely follows a pattern which is Branch out , accidentally convince as myself to assume the position I was opposing before, but what I've noticed these ideas come and I can almost decipher but I need to flesh out what they are in a way that I can string together in a coherent way for me and everyone to understand.

-I’ve had periods(like right now or later since I passed while typing this) where I’ll obsess over what type I am. I considered ISTP since I used to have anger issues with the most volatile possible outbursts imaginable and yet it’s almost as if a part of me at the time couldn’t understand why I did what I did. Anyway in highschool I was seen as very weird and could never put my finger on as to why that was. I fancied the idea of tulpamancy partly out of type curiosity and more of a loneliness kind of thing probably. If you don’t know what it is, it’s basically creating separate personalities that operate independently separate from your control. I wasn’t ever successful by the way. I showed one of my friends and they immediately called it insanity(understandable to be honest.)

-I have ADHD by the way and probably intermittent anger disorder if i’m being honest, I think my plushy shark can validate this for me, thanks stuffed shark. The ADHD was actually diagnosed.
-Speaking of stuffed animals and comfort objects, I have a habit of becoming emotionally attached to objects specifically My blanket from when I was born I still use my old blanket and my shark, I don’t know why maybe a sense of loneliness or maybe a case of derealization or something.

-So I guess I'll talk about what I'm like under stress or weird unhealthy habits I have. I have a habit of looping over certain memories or arguments that I have had in the past. I also sometimes just stop eating if i’m under really, really nasty stress or nervousness, sometimes for a couple days.

-Physical Activities...Oh boy. I used to do wrestling which was interesting albeit utterly horrifying. So to preface this weird revelation of me having actually emerged from the pit to actually do something I actually have a naturally athletic and a couple of people noted this so I said why not. Wielding my body was the equivalent of me trying to play Surgeon Simulator while blindfolded, so to remedy this unfortunate problem I decided to read books on leverage points and bio mechanics, My efforts were rewarded with more one sided maulings. As for my relationship with my teammates I would say more along the lines of confusion. A lot of people noted me to be weird and I couldn’t figure out why. it almost came out unconsciously.

-I’ve always found myself feeling disappointment when some grounded any of my ideas in reality or expressed the unrealistic far reaching nature of it, or i’ll hear something on a revolutionary power source and immediately express disappointment upon hearing someone justify reasons as to why it wouldn’t work. I remember hearing a teacher justify the prerequisites of what life is back in elementary school and I recall being kind of disappointed with its extremely constraining parameters.

-Some arguments people have presented for my type are generally interesting. ISTP because he could smell my 4D Si, I guess he was some kind telepathic entity with force abilities. ENTP because I'm very talkative if I’m comfortable in a situation. INFP because I speak from my perspective.

-Anyway if you can analyze the text and give insight to the functions I use for writing that would be neat.