• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really an INFP or something else?

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yo, update: I was typed by Dave and Shannon from Objective Personality as a standard mbti ISTJ (SiTe) LOL.
Not sure if that can be directly translated into "normal" mbti, as I think the stereotypical ISTJ would care far less about keeping people happy in the way I described here. OP has an explanation for this phenomenon (it being directly tied to Te and getting validation by making things work for others), while Te is seen in a slightly different light in regular mbti. I think a part of it is also the "what do I see in myself" vs "what comes across to others" part. It definitely explains why people have seen me as emotionally more distant and not showing reactions on my face unless I put in the effort to do so.

But at least all of you seem to agree on the Si and inferior Ne part, which is fascinating! Thanks for all the feedback you have given me so far, it was extremely helpful, especially looking back at it!

Last edited:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Heyho!

I know I only wrote a thread like this concerning subtypes about a month ago but since it really helped me gaining more perspective (and I am fairly sure about my type now) I thought I might ask you for your help concerning something that has been bothering me for quite awhile: my mbti.
[/QUOTE]
Si
I've always felt like the system couldn't really explain my own experiences with my mind in a satisfying manner. And while I was telling myself that I will just settle with the type that describes me best (INFP) I still keep going back to it and question myself. I typed myself as INFJ in the past and quickly went back to INFP but now the option of being Si dominant (especially ISFJ) came up...
[/QUOTE]
Te
Now you might probably ask yourself how I could even be unsure about being INFP or ISFJ as those two are vastly different. I feel like alot of this confusion comes from me being a 9w1 and 962 tritype (though I am at times not so sure about the 2 part). I typed myself as INFP for many many years now and people for the most part don't question this typing though in groups where I was quite active people kept pointing out how strong my Si is. In fact, if not relying on what I explain about myself, most people would point it out as the function they are sure of.
[/QUOTE]
Fi
While I myself am pretty sure that I have Si and Ne in my stack I am not that confident whether I use Fi-Te or Fe-Ti. It mostly comes from the way that I relate to people and seem to show my sympathy to them. While I have my own bias towards this I can be wrong. Maybe if I show you where I get tripped up in my typing process you can help me to make things more clear. If you have suggestions that go beyond those types I am also willing to hear and consider! Thanks in advance!
[/QUOTE]
Ne?
Instant referencing to my own person
This is a huge part of how I interact with people and bothers me to no end as I know it is not exactly well received by most people. Whenever I communicate with others I tend to bring in my own perspective and especially experiences to the table. Whenever someone tells about something that bothers them or happened to them I am instantly comparing this to myself. Do I relate? What experience that I went through is it most like? It helps me to connect with people. I also use this as a way of bonding by saying "hey, I understand, here is my experience with it". It's an overwhelming feeling of "OMG ME TOO!" and it's almost impossible not to share for me.
[/QUOTE]
S
However, I often tend to project and assume things based on how they would feel to me. People tell me a story and I automatically fill in all the gaps assuming I know everything despite there being many more things I could have asked. In fact, I don't even understand how people come up with follow-up questions in the first place. I have to put in actual effort into thinking about what I could ask and what I don't know. Because of that the way I interact can be very self-focused even though I got the feedback from others that it doesn't really come across this way. I still notice that I am not 100% there in the experience of the person and am comparing, contrasting. This is one of the big reasons I went for Fi instead of Fe in the past but lately I ask myself if it could be strong Si as well?
T

I am now seeing that after you reference your experiences, you reference your reasoning. This is why you are likely SiTe rather than SiFe. The fact that you start with your experiences/the past is why you are Si primary rather than Fi primary.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@Iceblueblossom

Ugh, now I am seeing the SiTe too and forgot why I said SiFe!

Carry on.
Well, I was mostly between the types INFP and ISFJ so I assume you kinda were searching for a confirmation for either of them!

Also most people in the past have pinned me as a feeler (and by that I mean 99% of the people I had the honor of meeting), including myself! So it's not too surprisingly. I only started to question it a few months ago actually...

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@Iceblueblossom

I think in terms of "in between types" you're probably in between SiTe and SiFe.
Oh, I meant me being unsure whether I am INFP or ISFJ back then. I didn't particulary mention ISTJ as an option. So yeah, my assumption is, that is why it was not really considered too.