• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alex Trebek

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type Alex Treeeebek..

Good interview: Jeopardy!’s Alex Trebek, In Conversation

ST? NT? Just from watching the show, I started to get an eSTP impression. However, he seems slightly introverted. I could also see STJ as a possibility.

Interview Highlights:

"In my estimation, the people you should trust the most are the ones who have doubts because they’re more likely to have entertained different points of view before arriving at conclusions."

Interviewer: Is there a difference between the kind of person who loves Wheel of Fortune and the kind who loves Jeopardy!?

Trebek: Yes, there’s a lot more excitement with Wheel of Fortune because luck plays a much greater role — there’s the spin of the wheel. On Jeopardy! it’s all what you know. People relate more positively to the element of luck. They’re a little intimidated by Jeopardy!

Interviewer: Are there things about you or your career that deserve more appreciation?

Trebek: Nothing I need anyone to know about. As I said earlier, I like to fix things around the house. A week ago I took a gas leaf blower up to our place at Lake Nacimiento to blow leaves and pine needles off the driveway, and it didn’t work. I was ticked. So I brought the blower back here and took it apart: Oh, there’s a tube that became detached. I put it back together and it worked, but only for a few minutes: There’s something fundamentally wrong. Then yesterday afternoon I got it working properly. That’s what gives me pleasure: fixing things.

Interviewer: You change your facial hair because you know people will pick up on it?

Trebek: Yeah, just to have fun. I often joke that Jeopardy! is a serious program hosted by someone who does not take himself seriously. I hope I haven’t come off in this conversation as sounding too pretentious.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When he's answering interview questions, he seems to do that shifty left-to-right thing with his eyes. Is that related to dominant or auxiliary Se?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think he's an ISTP. Listen to (or read about) him talking about liking to fix shit around his home. Dude is pulling in millions of dollars a year so he could easily pay someone to fix shit but he still prefers to do it himself, work with his hands and fix his own shit, to learn how things work. That's Ti and Se. There's enough Fe on display, even if it's not his strongest suit, but he's basically an actor and can feign it pretty well for his job.

I've seen him typed NT and NF but I just don't see it. He could be NTP or less likely, ENTJ, but I think that if people are getting that impression, it comes from the "character" he plays as host on Jeopardy. He's not an overly intellectual guy--that's not to say he isn't very intelligent, which he is, but he seems more focused on concrete interests and pursuits, i.e. aforementioned repair jobs around his home. He's got a somewhat skeptical nature for instance when he talks about being skeptical of idealogues like Sean Hannity, but I chalk that up to his dominant Ti.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When he's answering interview questions, he seems to do that shifty left-to-right thing with his eyes. Is that related to dominant or auxiliary Se?

The left-to-right shifting is Ni as he is attempting to recall information, his gaze becomes more steady when he's switching back into Se after bringing his point to a concise conclusion. Definitely Se/Ni, I agree with your typing of ISTP.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:nono:

Don't you mean What is ISTP? :D

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:nono:

Don't you mean What is ISTP? :D

- - - Updated - - -

The left-to-right shifting is Ni as he is attempting to recall information, his gaze becomes more steady when he's switching back into Se after bringing his point to a concise conclusion. Definitely Se/Ni, I agree with your typing of ISTP.

Ni people are shifty eyed weirdos

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Apparently, he's really, like you see on tv. So I've heard, I mean. People who have taped there say he's very to the point and it's not too social.

redrocker

MBTI Type
INFP
Most TV and radio hosts are **TP in my opinion. ISTP sounds pretty good.