• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] 80 Famous ISFJs

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Non Fictionals
Mother Theresa
Jacky Kennedy
Robert E. Lee
François Fillon
Queen Elisabeth II
Queen Mary I
Gordon Brown
Nick Zinner
Sid Vicious
Lady Dy
Withney Houston
Beyoncé
Mary J. Blige
Mariah Carey
Alicia Keys
Carla Bruni
Britanny Snow
Vanessa Ferlito
Adriana Lima
Andy Wharol
John Wayne
50 Cent
Vin Diesel
Johnny Carson
Robin Roberts
Michael Caine
Kristi Yamaguchi
Ed Bradley
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Louisa May Alcott
John Betjeman
Seamus Heaney
Samuel Richardson
W H Auden
Jeffrey Eugenides
Agatha Christie
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Arthur Conan Doyle
Chris Carraba
Elijah Wood
Van Gogh
Charles Dickens
Sylvia Plath
Joseph, father of Jesus

Fictionals
C3-PO (Str Wars)
Owen Lars (Star Wars)
Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars)
Mace Windu (Star Wars)
Barris Offee (Star Wars Expanded Universe)
Plo Koon (Star Wars Expanded Universe)
Riley Finn (BTVS)
Jonathan (BTVS)
Fred (AtS)
Sean MacNamara (Nip/Tuck)
Marge Simpsons (The Simpsons)
Milhouse (The Simpsons)
Leeloo (The 5th Element)
Navigator Lambert (Alien)
Chani (Dune)
Melanie Wilkes (Gone With The Wind)
Tonya (Dr Zhivago)
Ross (Friends)
Clark Kent/Superman (DC Universe)
Alfred (DC Universe)
Snow White (Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs)
Cinderella
Hagrid (Harry Potter)
Sam Gamegie (LOTR)
Simon (Firefly)
Arthur (Knights of The Round Table Legend)
Tess (Tess Of The d'Urbervilles)
Bianca (Taming of the Shrew)
David Copperfield
Hero (Much Ado About Nothing)
Ophelia (Hamlet)
Dr. John H. Watson
"Jack" (Fight Club)
Kady (Mean Girls)
Jodie (Daria)
Stacy (Daria)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Agatha Christie
Sylvia Plath
William Wordsworth
Chris Carrabba

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agatha Christie and Chis Carraba re ever on the list. I've forget the two others. Hard, to remember all.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Great list, Speedy Gav! I like this one much better than the other one that was made. I couldn't relate to anyone on that list. I'm starting to get confused about my enneagram type now. *sigh*

I don't know if I'm 2w1 or 2w3.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great list, Speedy Gav! I like this one much better than the other one that was made.
Thanks!:)

I couldn't relate to anyone on that list.

Yes, that list was kind of shity.

I'm starting to get confused about my enneagram type now. *sigh*

I don't know if I'm 2w1 or 2w3.

Have you seen the movie Gone With The Wind? Melanie is a 2w1 and Scarlett is a 2w3, do you see the difference?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
-Approval
-ESFJ

Do I win?

Hmmm...I would associate those answers more with 2w3, that's what I was trying to get at with asking Giggly those questions.

Seriously? Wow....color me shocked :eek:

I'm not 100% sure those are right. They could be, because I'm not a big fan of either and haven't studied them closely. I'm not really sure about Warhol being ISFJ, either.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm...I would associate those answers more with 2w3, that's what I was trying to get at with asking Giggly those questions.

Ah ok. Hrm, makes me think *I* need to re-eval my Ennegram type as well. I tested as a 2w1 because of my perfectionistic qualities I think.

I'm not 100% sure those are right. They could be, because I'm not a big fan of either and haven't studied them closely. I'm not really sure about Warhol being ISFJ, either.

Nor am I. I just kind of giggled at the thought of big-scary Vin Diesal being an ISFJ. I don't know why, it's just amusing to me :laugh:

As for Warhol, not sure either, but I do like his style :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you seen the movie Gone With The Wind? Melanie is a 2w1 and Scarlett is a 2w3, do you see the difference?

yes, I definitely see a difference between those two. They're both exaggerated roles but I relate more to Melanie, the 2w1.

Are you more concerned with autonomy or approval?

As an ISFJ do you feel closer to ESFJ or ISTJ?

Approval but I do need alone time.
My F is pretty high so I feel closer to ESFJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
yes, I definitely see a difference between those two. They're both exaggerated roles but I relate more to Melanie, the 2w1.

Approval but I do need alone time.
My F is pretty high so I feel closer to ESFJ.

The reason why I ask is because approval-seeking is more 3ish,and also 1 is associated strongly with ISTJ.

I'm a 4w3, and I'm more dramatic than a 4w5. Apparently 2w3 are also supposed to be more dramatic than 2w1.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The reason why I ask is because approval-seeking is more 3ish,and also 1 is associated strongly with ISTJ.

I'm a 4w3, and I'm more dramatic than a 4w5. Apparently 2w3 are also supposed to be more dramatic than 2w1.

Ahh I get it now, thanks. I'll ask some people I know. I think I'm more dramatic though and definitely seek approval.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seriously? Wow....color me shocked :eek:

For 50 Cent, I'm totally sure, for Vin Diesel, I initially thought he is ISTP, he's often typed ISTP and I still be a little hesitant. At the same time, he's also often typed as ISFJ. See here for example:http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/1186-vin-diesel-s-type-2.html

He can be an ISFJ with a strong Ti, or an ISTP with trong connection with Fe.

Males ISFJs often think it's important to be viril, and display a macho style wich make them lok-a-like with others types, so Vin Diesel can look xSTP. Same for 50 Cent, same also for John Wayne, an ISFJ who act like a stereotypical ESTJ. But actually, it's not only an ISFJ concern, most part of F male actor have to play T character and display a T appearance if they want to be considered as viril. Brad Pitt, for example, often play ESTP roles, but he is ISFP.

By the way:
2w1s are more about "being called to serve". They're the twos more likely to be drawn to community service jobs and religious vocations. They are more likely to serve others purely out of principle. They take pride in being willing to assist others at the expense of themselves. They are proud to make sacrifices and accept the thankless jobs others don't want. They look to give up their time to benefit people more than work with people directly. They are willing to toil anonymously in unglamourous roles behind the scenes. They are willing to get their hands dirty with nothing to show for it. They take pride in not thinking highly of themselves for their good deeds when they know they could. Seeing others better off is its own reward. That is what it truly means to serve people.

2w1s tend to be more introverted and less saccharine. Due to their one wing they are both more idealistic and harder on themselves. They are also grittier and have more of a self-righteous streak. While they are more restrained and appropriate they are also more fiercely independent. They are more self-referential and less concerned with others expectations. They have a more internal system of scoring "virtue" points with themselves.

2w1s pride themselves in being down-to-earth and in not needing attention. They take pride that they are often overlooked and don't get the recognition they deserve. They take pride in being able to consider others who are more deserving more worthy than themselves. They have an ego in not internally exalting themselves for what they do. While they are proud to assist others without fanfare they still resent not being given their due. They are prone to falling in love with their own tragedy of never getting the credit that they deserve. When unhealthy they have a more veiled nature of controlling people compared to their more effusive and domineering three-winged siblings.

2w3s are more about "seeking to help and inspire". They value openmindedness and view being judgemental as counterproductive. They have more of an obvious need to be needed and are naturals at being the center of attention. They are more likely to host and organize things that others are interested in. They're the twos more likely to be involved with more open and cooperative facilitating efforts like charities and non-profit organizations. They take pride in being able to offer assistance where others want help. They are as much about the relationships as the help efforts.

Unlike their one-winged siblings 2w3s are anything but invisible. They tend to be warmer and more charming. They are more connective and upbeat. The more extroverted ones tend to be cloying and tacky. Either way they are characters that have no problem standing out. Due to their three wing they are both more results-oriented and naturally confident. They are more ambitious and competitive. They are also smoother and more pragmatic as well as more expansive and effusive. They are less self-referential and more likely to see interdependence as acceptable...even desireable. Although they set their own expectations they are concerned with what others think of them enough to let that dictate their actions. They have a more external interpersonally-based system of scoring "goodness" points with themselves.

2w3s pride themselves in being "just what the doctor ordered" for that person or situation. They take pride in being naturals at helping others. They hold themselves in high-esteem. They have a more variable self-image and are more adaptable. They have more of an ego in being an altruistic VIP. If they go out of their way for someone and don't get appreciated they can become manipulative and bossy. When unhealthy their style of controlling others tends to be more domineering and smothering compared to their more restrained one-wing siblings.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For 50 Cent, I'm totally sure, for Vin Diesel, I initially thought he is ISTP, he's often typed ISTP and I still be a little hesitant. At the same time, he's also often typed as ISFJ. See here for example:http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/1186-vin-diesel-s-type-2.html

He can be an ISFJ with a strong Ti, or an ISTP with trong connection with Fe.

Males ISFJs often think it's important to be viril, and display a macho style wich make them lok-a-like with others types, so Vin Diesel can look xSTP. Same for 50 Cent, same also for John Wayne, an ISFJ who act like a stereotypical ESTJ. But actually, it's not only an ISFJ concern, most part of F male actor have to play T character and display a T appearance if they want to be considered as viril. Brad Pitt, for example, often play ESTP roles, but he is ISFP.

By the way:

I really don't get how one could even know if a male is simply "displaying" a macho style (irl, not on-screen) as opposed to actually having a macho style.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Non Fictionals
Mother Theresa
Jacky Kennedy
Robert E. Lee
François Fillon
Queen Elisabeth II
Queen Mary I
Gordon Brown
Nick Zinner
Sid Vicious
Lady Dy
Withney Houston
Beyoncé
Mary J. Blige
Mariah Carey
Alicia Keys
Carla Bruni
Britanny Snow
Vanessa Ferlito
Adriana Lima
Andy Wharol
John Wayne
50 Cent
Vin Diesel
Johnny Carson
Robin Roberts
Michael Caine
Kristi Yamaguchi
Ed Bradley
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Louisa May Alcott
John Betjeman
Seamus Heaney
Samuel Richardson
W H Auden
Jeffrey Eugenides
Agatha Christie
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Arthur Conan Doyle
Chris Carraba
Elijah Wood
Van Gogh
Charles Dickens
Sylvia Plath
Joseph, father of Jesus

Fictionals
C3-PO (Str Wars)
Owen Lars (Star Wars)
Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars)
Mace Windu (Star Wars)
Barris Offee (Star Wars Expanded Universe)
Plo Koon (Star Wars Expanded Universe)
Riley Finn (BTVS)
Jonathan (BTVS)
Fred (AtS)
Sean MacNamara (Nip/Tuck)
Marge Simpsons (The Simpsons)
Milhouse (The Simpsons)
Leeloo (The 5th Element)
Navigator Lambert (Alien)
Chani (Dune)
Melanie Wilkes (Gone With The Wind)
Tonya (Dr Zhivago)
Ross (Friends)
Clark Kent/Superman (DC Universe)
Alfred (DC Universe)
Snow White (Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs)
Cinderella
Hagrid (Harry Potter)
Sam Gamegie (LOTR)
Simon (Firefly)
Arthur (Knights of The Round Table Legend)
Tess (Tess Of The d'Urbervilles)
Bianca (Taming of the Shrew)
David Copperfield
Hero (Much Ado About Nothing)
Ophelia (Hamlet)
Dr. John H. Watson
"Jack" (Fight Club)
Kady (Mean Girls)
Jodie (Daria)
Stacy (Daria)
Vincent Van Gogh- depressive as fuck ISFP
Arthur Conan Doyle- Badass ISTP
C-3PO- ESFJ
Qui-Gon Jinn- ENFJ. So a guy who has never sat on the Jedi Council simply because he never listens to them is Si-dom? Fucking lulz. Obi-Wan is more SJ-like, but the ass-pulled excuse he gave Luke reeks of cryptic Ni bullshit.
Leloo- INFP -- quite Si indeed, but also very blatantly Fi.
Simon Tam- ISTJ (ISFJ is less hilariously off-base than ESTP, but he still seems to me too vicious to be ISFJ).
Jack- ISFP (ISFJ isn't too far-fetched though)
Cady- ESFJ

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Hmm...not sure how I feel about this. As a male ISFJ I know I try to put on a silent, stoical front but I've never considered myself "macho". In fact i tend to be very disdainful toward "macho". I'm very quiet and reserved and often try to come off as being polite and considerate.

Also:
2w1s are more about "being called to serve". They're the twos more likely to be drawn to community service jobs and religious vocations. They are more likely to serve others purely out of principle. They take pride in being willing to assist others at the expense of themselves. They are proud to make sacrifices and accept the thankless jobs others don't want. They look to give up their time to benefit people more than work with people directly. They are willing to toil anonymously in unglamourous roles behind the scenes. They are willing to get their hands dirty with nothing to show for it. They take pride in not thinking highly of themselves for their good deeds when they know they could. Seeing others better off is its own reward. That is what it truly means to serve people.

2w1s tend to be more introverted and less saccharine. Due to their one wing they are both more idealistic and harder on themselves. They are also grittier and have more of a self-righteous streak. While they are more restrained and appropriate they are also more fiercely independent. They are more self-referential and less concerned with others expectations. They have a more internal system of scoring "virtue" points with themselves.

2w1s pride themselves in being down-to-earth and in not needing attention. They take pride that they are often overlooked and don't get the recognition they deserve. They take pride in being able to consider others who are more deserving more worthy than themselves. They have an ego in not internally exalting themselves for what they do. While they are proud to assist others without fanfare they still resent not being given their due. They are prone to falling in love with their own tragedy of never getting the credit that they deserve. When unhealthy they have a more veiled nature of controlling people compared to their more effusive and domineering three-winged siblings.

This sounds a LOT like me, both the good and (to my discredit) the bad. At my worst, I tend to be a very cold, manipulative bastard. It's not something I'm proud of, which why I always try to mind myself when I found myself dealing with a person or situation that I really, REALLY do not like.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Males ISFJs often think it's important to be viril, and display a macho style wich make them lok-a-like with others types, so Vin Diesel can look xSTP. Same for 50 Cent, same also for John Wayne, an ISFJ who act like a stereotypical ESTJ.
So how do you tell them apart?

You do this a lot; mention how X type can look like Y type, but then fail to explain why then Z person is X type rather than Y type.