• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2020 Democratic Party primary thread

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
CNN did a good job of breaking down the strengths and weaknesses of the front runners lat night.

Biden has broad appeal except for millenials. He has the strongest support among African American voters.

Bernie has broad support except for people over 50. He only has 10% approval among elderly voters, which is half the Dem base.

Warren's biggest problem is her Medicare for all plan, which includes eliminating the health care plans of union workers and many other Americans who are happy with their healthcare plans.

Buttigieg has strong support among millenials, but has 0% support among African Americans; basically, he's about as appealing to African American voters as Mark Fuhrman or the guy who shot Trayvon.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Uh, don't think we have that.

Well, disagreements and paralysis are quite often there as well as endless 2 vs 1 scenarios. However it is nice to have a place where you can formally talk about this, eventually something might just get done.

However the bottom line was that the current situation in USA will not solve itself without some kind of a class dialogue. That is the only thing that can really fix the whole mess before you run the country off the cliff. As long as there is a struggle and forcing someone this probably wouldn't give too good results. Yes, this is idealistic approach but probably the only one that insures that there isn't a major glitch somewhere not so far down the road. United we stand, separated we fall.

Jaguar

Both parties are now ideologically coherent. There is no more working across the isle. The authoritarian right bent has been happening since the 90's in regards to the GOP and the centrist Dems are simply GOP-lite by choice, not because the majority of people want that. This country is so beat down, that's why so many people are totally fine with someone like Joe Biden. That's also why the adjectives of choice seem to be "concerning" or "disturbing" instead of "unacceptable" or "absofuckinglutely not going to continue".

OH MY GOD THIS IS FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!! Is that how the fake outrage works from the Chicken Little types?

Jaguar

He probably is. However as we both know people don't always vote by their self-interest.

How about wiping out all college debt and all home mortgages? Free food for every golden retriever, too. Then comes the free cars for everyone and the free condoms. It's free, everything you ever wanted is free. People will run and get Bernie's bumpersticker:

Vote for me. Everything is free!

Jaguar

Those are free too, right???

Of course.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, disagreements and paralysis are quite often there as well as endless 2 vs 1 scenarios. However it is nice to have a place where you can formally talk about this, eventually something might just get done.

However the bottom line was that the current situation in USA will not solve itself without some kind of a class dialogue. That is the only thing that can really fix the whole mess before you run the country off the cliff. As long as there is a struggle and forcing someone this probably wouldn't give too good results. Yes, this is idealistic approach but probably the only one that insures that there isn't a major glitch somewhere not so far down the road. United we stand, separated we fall.

I agree with this.

OH MY GOD THIS IS FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!! Is that how the fake outrage works from the Chicken Little types?

You were the one getting cross with me earlier for not appreciating the gravity of the situation. That's way more chicken little. Now I guess I'm taking it too seriously?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Apparently you are not a fan of the truth. I have not decided who I will be voting for.

Let me phrase that differently..... I hope your antipathy towards people "getting free stuff" as you inaccurately call it doesn't cause you to choose to support a candidate who will blow the general election.