• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

since we're all making type me threads

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
that automatically means we should figure out if I am S or N or if you wanna deck me for the 5th type me thread.

Im actually using [MENTION=34313]RooibosKrayfish[/MENTION] questionnaire

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)?: I am 20, and in the USA. Idaho, which some say is like a northern extension of the south... XD
Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire?: I have diagnosed Generalized Anxiety Disorder and if not handled well I experience depression, and also PTSD.
Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?: I am a centrist politically moreless, and a Catholic.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?: ISFP and INFP. I struggle to decide if I am Se or Ne. But I feel Fi-dominance is accurate.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?: It is hard to say a specific purpose outside of my faith (doing the will of God) but I feel my purpose involves doing something positive to create a change in this broken world. If that makes the most sense.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?: Wrath. I am easily angered and if you do me wrong I tend to hold on to it for a while... The least would be greed. I've lived my entire life around a greedy person and his obsession with money makes me want to punch a wall. I just want enough to live on and be happy.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to: I tend to be drawn to more spontaneous people who bring me out of my shell and can handle some of my weird quirks. I also like people who you can have an intellectual discussion with without hating each other, and I also enjoy sensitive people.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you: I think I draw other sensitive people to me, or people who "find me easy to talk to" so casually they dump their life story on me. And I tend to attract jackasses who use my kindness. XD

c) The type of people you are repulsed by: Insensitive people, or people with little to no morality. People who tend to be overly domineering.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.: I really admire people who can remain objective when it comes to debates and logical stuff. My emotions and values tend to muddy up my objectivity a lot so I have a hard time separating my emotions from my views. I also admire spontaneous people's reckless abandon. My anxiety holds me back from just following my heart and doing what I want.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger: Me and anger share a few drinks every day man. We're like best bros, he lives under my bed and shit at this point. Okay in seriousness, as discussed, I have a bit of a ton of underlying anger that I don't always share as I feel it is kinda an ugly side to me. XD

b) Shame: Oh my other bitch! Awesome! I have...a lot of regrets... XD

c) Fear: Yep. I got a third bitch. I always wonder if "fear" and "anxiety" are kinda the same. I am afraid to screw everything up so its like AAAAHHHH WHAT IF I MAKE THINGS WORSEEEE.

d) Love/passion: I am too passionate because I want to be passionate about like 3434645756 things but there is one me and I can'tttt.

e) Conflict: I dislike conflict but I also think you don't stand for anything if you avoid all conflict and kiss everyone's ass. So I rather have a few throw downs and stand for something than nothing at all. I also feel like conflict done right can be a growing experience and help mend broken pieces rather than leaving undealt with wrath and shame later.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?: Anxiety has always been a feature of my life, but I think moreso is a negative of my personality. I think I tend to be a bit of a "hummingbird" as my mom says. I jump from one interest, super passionate, to the next interest, also super passionate. I struggle to stick to one thing because I like so many things, and I want to invest in them all very passionately except I can't. I can't make enough me's to actually do everything Me wants to do. XD

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?: I started in social work/psychology but I'm actually going to do criminal justice now. I began to realize I am more of a fixer and enforcer than a healer. Not downgrading psychology, it is a hard profession that deserves respect. But I think my ideal would be giving repercussions to wrongdoers so more people are likely to think about the punishment of behaving negatively to the expense of another person. I want to fix something.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?: Their beliefs, passions, ambitions, and how they treat other people. I tend to kinda watch before I interact if I think someone is interesting.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?: Oh god...this is a bad question to ask me. Humanity is on the verge of destroying itself because we're too busy desiring confirmation bias to notice we should treat each other with human kindness. I think the human race faces a lot of issues with being extremely selfish at this point. As in, no one else matters but you therefore everything they do is centered around me me me, and what can I get out of it? It is the wrong mentality to have in my opinion and it is the most damaging part of our society. Ask not what you can get out of it, but ask what is the right thing to do... Ask how you would want that person to treat you... I assume it is with compassion, gentleness, and empathy. Not with apathy, manipulation, and selfishness.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?: Writing, reading, listening to music, psychology (obviously), artsy stuff.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.: I usually pick a setting where it is 1x1 interaction. I will go to their house/dormroom with pizza and drinks, and we'll just do our nails, listen to music, watch movies, and talk about everything. I love heart to heart conversations and genuinely knowing someone to their core. I rarely initiate due to my anxiety but if someone says lets hang out I plan everything else. XD

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?: Actions. If you say things but do another you are fake anyway.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why! : WHAT THE HELL IS THIS QUESTION. OH MY GOD. If I remove my memories I'll forget the bad things but I'll also forget all the good I've gained... I wouldn't be who I am if I never experience passion. I have already been near broke my whole life so I'd like to not live that curse into my own adulthood. I like the taste of ym food sooo… I guess I'm immortal! At least I'd have all the time in the world to tell the world to fix their shit.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.: I hope to avoid being a completely unself-aware douchebag who just uses people, treats people like they're expendable tools, and has no empathy yet wonders why no one likes their company. I also hope to avoid being in a sense a "failure", as in never doing anything meaningful with my life.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?: ...I mean...I joined this website with the username JazzyLarsen...cuz I am obsessed with Samuel Larsen. XD I think as a teen I used to try to merge, because I didn't want to be abandoned and alone, but it made me more miserable to compromise myself, my beliefs, and my own interests just to gel with someone else. So I don't do that anymore. I think merging can come off kind of fake. I realize it can be helpful for social situations or getting up though. I just dislike it, since it feels ingenuine.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?: I am an organized mess. My mother once told me I am the most organized directionless person she's ever met. I come up with a plan and get 10 years down the line planned and suddenly something changes, I get depressed, then make a new 10 year plan based on a new foundation. I tend to be impulsively planned. XD

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?: I think comfort is having enough to know you're going to be okay. I don't think it is defined by having a bunch of luxury but more the people and things you surround yourself with. A decent home, and a few good books, and a close friend or two is comfortable for me.

Starry

ENFP
I think you are a 7 that having experienced trauma earlier in life took on many of the qualities of 1.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Type me for type back k thx bb

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I don't enjoy putting people in a gift - wrapped type box, but since you asked for it... :)

You seem a bit more on the isFP side of things. My sister, and possibly my mother, has the IsFP preference.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lots of strong Fi in your answers. The Ne seems subdued so I am hesitant in typing you as an ENFP, but that could very well be your e1 (a relatively introverted type) in dampening the Ne somewhat. Some of your painful tidbits about bad memories sounds Si-ish in your Tert or Inferior.. I’ll ask you this: Do you ever look back at anything in fondness and in nostalgia, or is it more bitter and you find yourself over analyzing the tiniest details to the point of oblivion?

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see IxFP at all (you seem like an ExFx in overall pattern) and I think either so/sx or sx/so but not sx/sp or sp/sx for that matter.

Starry

I don't see IxFP at all (you seem like an ExFx in overall pattern) and I think either so/sx or sx/so but not sx/sp or sp/sx for that matter.

Yah totally...that's one hell of an external focus...so much so she's an obvious 7 to me (although when you consider enneagram descriptions and how people mistake what those are... I know I must seem crazy to say this.)

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yah totally...that's one hell of an external focus...so much so she's an obvious 7 to me (although when you consider enneagram descriptions and how people mistake what those are... I know I must seem crazy to say this.)

I thought 1w2-7w6-2w1 sp last but 7 moving toward 1 offers something along a similar ballpark unlike ENTJ 8w9 or an equally improbable suggestion. So I don't think you're crazy.

Now that you mention it she does have the positive outlook spin on the distortion or whatever of reality thing I've noticed with head types.

My first BF was ENFP 7 and he and I used to get into fights all the time because he would try to make everything positive and I'm sure you understand that I'm not so positive a person. When I am positive it's more like I do so in terms of willpower and "conquest". My parents who are 6's distort reality too, but it's always negative and colored by paranoia/projection. Growing up they were always warning me about things they percieved as threaths and dangerous (prevention) despite that not actually being the case, which made me feel like they're incredibly crazy. And as an adult, I see that feeling was accurate.

I don't know what 5's do but based off vibes I can see that they do something, they're just so withdrawn it's not as obvious as with 6 and 7.

Starry

I thought 1w2-7w6-2w1 sp last but 7 moving toward 1 offers something along a similar ballpark unlike ENTJ 8w9 or an equally improbable suggestion. So I don't think you're crazy.

Now that you mention it she does have the positive outlook spin on the distortion or whatever of reality thing I've noticed with head types.

My first BF was ENFP 7 and he and I used to get into fights all the time because he would try to make everything positive and I'm sure you understand that I'm not so positive a person. When I am positive it's more like I do so in terms of willpower and "conquest". My parents who are 6's distort reality too, but it's always negative and colored by paranoia/projection. Growing up they were always warning me about things they percieved as threaths and dangerous (prevention) despite that not actually being the case, which made me feel like they're incredibly crazy. And as an adult, I see that feeling was accurate.

I don't know what 5's do but based off vibes I can see that they do something, they're just so withdrawn it's not as obvious as with 6 and 7.

Oh god...I wonder if I do that (what your bf did). What I can say is I've made a conscious effort not to sometimes...like if someone's negativity is flying too close to my own negativity I can get antsy but have forced myself not to do the fuckin Orphan Annie shit. I think it is very awful to try and put a limit on someone else's expression of feeling (especially when it is under a guise of "I'm helping you"...when in reality it's "I'm helping me".)

Anyway...when I read Crystal's fears...they are all concerns with being limited in some way. Like it's weird...my sister loves being limited...e1. She actually likes to deprive herself of stuff and I'm like wtmf? She fears an overabundance of goodness...and ups her ocd regimen in order to manage that whole thing.

I was surprised where Crystal said she didn't like domineering people and it caused me to keep in mind that these things are all relative. Because she seems to handle them quite well...and packs a powerful punch herself. <-I don't remember where I was going with that but I'm going to leave it in. I keep getting work interruptions. I think she may have meant "closeminded". People that will argue their points and never really listen to yours.

I love hearing what other see and think!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know, I always got the NFP vibe more than the SFP vibe from you.

Starry

I was going to see if you had a feeling on sensor vs intuitive. Sensors seem to have more of a grasp of when it’s time to step out of the ideal and operate within reality...than what I’m capable of doing and I believe I’m seeing that same frustration in Crystal as well but obviously don’t know for sure.

disclaimer: I’m not saying that intuitives can’t be realistic

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFP
I think you are a 7 that having experienced trauma earlier in life took on many of the qualities of 1.

Who here is NOT a 7?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was going to see if you had a feeling on sensor vs intuitive. Sensors seem to have more of a grasp of when it’s time to step out of the ideal and operate within reality...than what I’m capable of doing and I believe I’m seeing that same frustration in Crystal as well but obviously don’t know for sure.

This is a bit like accepting less than ideal realities—there is what SHOULD be, and there is what IS. Unless you have the power to make things as they should be, focus on what is.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Initially, I presumptously threw her into the people's ENFP bin (and typed her as a 2 because I felt the positive outlook that isn't 9 thing that tends to overwhelm and confuse me. And later changed to 1 because she didn't seem quite 2.) just because I am a jerk who likes telling people they are ESFJ due to the fact that I am fully aware basically no one wants to be one even though sometimes people act all PC about it.

In the end, I wasn't sure wether N or S for her (so I typed her ExFJ) because it was hard for me to tell wether or not she really experienced the detriment of N (therefore experienced everything) instead of just the "charming" parts the people's ENFP people like to exclusively play up. Which I guess is another point for 7 positive outlook things. After she fairly recently told me something though, I realized she does experience the detrimental parts of NF. Like being percieved as naive and unrealistic isn't something she seems to bask in the way people's ENFP does. Although she is really effusive which is primarily what tripped me up there even though that's not how it works. I mean, I'm Fe and I'm not effusive.

Also, I thought she was too comprehensible to be an Ne dom (although it's possible I'm just getting used to trying to understand where the hell N's are coming from and what they're talking about due to being here for 5 years). That said, her writing style, visual style, and the way she seems to make leaps in her reasoning/conclusions reminds me of Lord Lavender. Although they're super different in the minutae and he doesn't have the forceful e1 attributes she displays.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I definitely see a lot of Fi in you. I would guess INFP although I have on occasion confused INFPs and ISFPs.

I just feel like there is more signs of Ne than Se.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lots of strong Fi in your answers. The Ne seems subdued so I am hesitant in typing you as an ENFP, but that could very well be your e1 (a relatively introverted type) in dampening the Ne somewhat. Some of your painful tidbits about bad memories sounds Si-ish in your Tert or Inferior.. I’ll ask you this: Do you ever look back at anything in fondness and in nostalgia, or is it more bitter and you find yourself over analyzing the tiniest details to the point of oblivion?

more bitter and overanalyzing.

Starry

Initially, I presumptously threw her into the people's ENFP bin (and typed her as a 2 because I felt the positive outlook that isn't 9 thing that tends to overwhelm and confuse me. And later changed to 1 because she didn't seem quite 2.) just because I am a jerk who likes telling people they are ESFJ due to the fact that I am fully aware basically no one wants to be one even though sometimes people act all PC about it.

In the end, I wasn't sure wether N or S for her (so I typed her ExFJ) because it was hard for me to tell wether or not she really experienced the detriment of N (therefore experienced everything) instead of just the "charming" parts the people's ENFP people like to exclusively play up. Which I guess is another point for 7 positive outlook things. After she fairly recently told me something though, I realized she does experience the detrimental parts of NF. Like being percieved as naive and unrealistic isn't something she seems to bask in the way people's ENFP does. Although she is really effusive which is primarily what tripped me up there even though that's not how it works. I mean, I'm Fe and I'm not effusive.

Also, I thought she was too comprehensible to be Ne (although it's possible I'm just getting used to trying to understand where the hell N's are coming from and what they're talking about due to being here for 5 years). That said, her writing style, visual style, and the way she seems to make leaps in her reasoning/conclusions reminds me of Lord Lavender. Although they're super different in the minutae and he doesn't have the forceful e1 attributes she displays.

Yah...you don't just type someone ESFJ and expect not to get slapped with the "using type as a weapon" label - trust me (there was an old, beloved mod that messaged me "RIP Starry" right after I started that People's ENFP thread haha! Heaven forbid we discuss something so not-even-remotely-controversial as far as theory is concerned. Especially considering no one here is ESFJ ever...they are all doing real things in the real world. <-This is so sad to me...and idiotic...but whatever.)

Yah...I get a 278 vibe from Crystal big time. This would put her into the same category as Chanaynay...and I think they do have an easier time with making sense. They take into consideration more their audience while I'm just trying to hit most of the right keys and not rep people reps meant for others, etc. (just my opinion though and not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.)

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yah...you don't just type someone ESFJ and expect not to get slapped with the "using type as a weapon" label - trust me (there was an old, beloved mod that messaged me "RIP Starry" right after I started that People's ENFP thread haha! Heaven forbid we discuss something so not-even-remotely-controversial as far as theory is concerned. Especially considering no one here is ESFJ ever...they are all doing real things in the real world. <-This is so sad to me...and idiotic...but whatever.)

Yah...I get a 278 vibe from Crystal big time. This would put her into the same category as Chanaynay...and I think they do have an easier time with making sense. They take into consideration more their audience while I'm just trying to hit most of the right keys and not rep people reps meant for others, etc. (just my opinion though and not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.)

I'm glad someone also noticed that no one here is ESFJ somehow. Kind of like when people here shit talk attributes in people but when it comes time to actually apply these criticisms to a person here, it's just like "oh no not you, just people exactly like you but in the abstract sense". And I'm just like you have got to be kidding me. I don't usually care what anyone does, but the weird everything is baby proofed so we don't hurt ourselves thing sometimes just annoys me a little bit. Like, my 100% insane e6 parents didn't raise me to have weird counterphobic reactions to my own sensitivity so I could have it catered to excessively about 15 years too late.

Is it bad that I forgot about Chan until right now...it's because he's so much better at life than I am even though I'm the SFJ and he's the NFP, so he's not around usually and I forget.