• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me if you want

DarthMaul

Hey, new to mbti. Looking for some help which is something I rarely do. I've taken tests with varying results. I tend to be confused as to wether I might be a STP or NTP...

INFO.

•Tends to rush monotonous tasks

• Impatient

• Talk before thinking or sentences come out jumbled .

• Change subject when talking randomly

• Passionate

• Love laughing and making people laugh.

• Can talk about abstract things but prefer more factual things

• Head in the clouds

• My wife has compared me to a lot of STP characters.

• Try and get important things done asap if there important like bills. I usually don't want to worry about things and by getting them done I have more time to relax.

• I like to do things on my own time. I don't like schedules.

• Opionated and rebellious

• Been told I'm a great dad by my 2 daughters and family and friends. I'm very caring and loving toward them.

• When I'm with my wife I like to conversate and enjoy spending time with her. She says I'm energetic and can be overwhelming with my energy. She good at keeping me grounded and I'm good at getting her out of her shell.

• I'm goofy and talkative

• tend to forget things

• Get bored easily

• Open minded

• try and see things from others perspectives

• Love to debate and talk politics. Went to school for political science but never finished.

• Like fixing things

• Wife tends to compare me to STP characters.

• Love to do Puzzles and play strategy games

• Read a lot. Mostly fiction and biographies about bands.

• Enjoy science

• Analytical and tend to over analyze things

• Will call people out who are bothering me or being unfair in general to me or others.

• I enjoy playing Rpgs. I like the freedom of games like the elder scrolls games.

• Dont like being managed and is why I got into a job so i can be my own boss mostly.

• Love talking about movies. Everything about a movie usually but especially the way it's filmed,cinematography and special fx.

• I zone out when people are talking to me about things I don't care about

• Tend to know a lot about pop culture even though I'm not a trendy person or care about trends. Just when I'm normally speaking I incorporate movie quotes for fun or use movie related things to describe things

• Love horror movies. Not sure if that's a type thing

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Well, I think you are a sensor for the following reasons:
-prefer facts over abstractions
-Analyze movies based on visual effects instead of theme or plot
-Like fixing things (hands on)
Since you don't like schedules and prefer spontaneity, I'd say you are not XSXJ.
Since you love to debate, are analytical, enjoy science/puzzles, I'd say you are a thinker.
That narrows it down to ESTP, ISTP
Now, the question is: Do you gain a lot of energy by constantly immersing yourself in crowds or do you retract periodically to play video games?
Also, when under stress, do you think of negative intentions in people or misinterpret meaning (inferior Ni) or become very emotional/irrational(inferior Fe)?
It seems like you have the latter, which would imply ISTP

DarthMaul

Well, I think you are a sensor for the following reasons:
-prefer facts over abstractions
-Analyze movies based on visual effects instead of theme or plot
-Like fixing things (hands on)
Since you don't like schedules and prefer spontaneity, I'd say you are not XSXJ.
Since you love to debate, are analytical, enjoy science/puzzles, I'd say you are a thinker.
That narrows it down to ESTP, ISTP
Now, the question is: Do you gain a lot of energy by constantly immersing yourself in crowds or do you retract periodically to play video games?
Also, when under stress, do you think of negative intentions in people or misinterpret meaning (inferior Ni) or become very emotional/irrational(inferior Fe)?
It seems like you have the latter, which would imply ISTP

I usually become emotional as I can get irritated easily which can make me have a short temper

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You've been compared to "STP" characters? From what I understand, most STP characters are probably mistypes. Many are likely NFJs overusing Ti and Se.

The impression I got from what you're saying was more along the lines of NFJ. Caring, passionate and talkative, with many intuition correlates mentioned, with the exception that you prefer to talk about "factual things".

Movies in general appeal more to Ns than Ss, whereas an SP is quite likely to be described as "trendy", whereas an N is less likely to.

NJs don't like schedules. Schedules are more of an Si thing rather than just a J thing.

You seem to be a very different variant of NFJ from myself, however.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
You've been compared to "STP" characters? From what I understand, most STP characters are probably mistypes. Many are likely NFJs overusing Ti and Se.

The impression I got from what you're saying was more along the lines of NFJ. Caring, passionate and talkative, with many intuition correlates mentioned, with the exception that you prefer to talk about "factual things".

Movies in general appeal more to Ns than Ss, whereas an SP is quite likely to be described as "trendy", whereas an N is less likely to.

NJs don't like schedules. Schedules are more of an Si thing rather than just a J thing.

You seem to be a very different variant of NFJ from myself, however.

I wouldn't necessarily say intuitive types prefer movies over sensor's (although it could be true percentage wise, but it's difficult to pinpoint based on a smaller sample size)....My Mom (ESFP) and friend (ISFJ) really enjoy watching all types of movies, especially after a hard day of work to relax. My younger brother (INFJ) really enjoyed watching series such as Dexter and Lost. I have noticed, however, that intuitives may be drawn to certain series, in which they try to predict the plot....Sensor's would enjoy movies for the comfort whereas intuitives would enjoy it for the theme/plot. My older brother (ENTP) enjoys watching sci fi movies such as Star Wars and Star Trek...If I had to make a conjecture, I'd say types with higher Se or Ne will tend to be drawn to Sci Fi/fantasy based movies whereas Sj types would enjoy true stories....Ni types would be more drawn to movie series where they can predict the outcome for the following seasons. Also, feelers would be drawn to "love stories" whereas thinkers would be drawn to "crime/detective" based movies as one instance. Generalizations are mainly based on patterns, so it may be true that the percentage of intuitives watching movies per lifetime exceeds that of sensor's, but there always exists exceptions and many overlaps between personality types. For instance, since you are an INFJ, it will follow that you exhibit the following stack: Ni > Fe > Ti > Se.....Now, suppose you marginally favor Ni over Si....Then the degree of inferiority of Se is quite small relative to the case if you favored Ni exceedingly over Si....Thus, the typical traits you possess that are associated with typical INFJ behavior will be less expressed.....you will most likely have some degree of overlap with different types, hence, it will be more difficult to associate type based on behavioral traits.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I usually become emotional as I can get irritated easily which can make me have a short temper

You could very well have inferior or tertiary Fe....Basically, since inferior/tertiary functions are utilized proportionately less relative to the upper functions, it will be less developed....meaning emotions will be harder to control. But Fe users in general dislike external conflict, hence, they tend to please/help other's in need to balance the environment in a positive manner. Since you lose items often and tend to change subjects quickly during random conversations, you're likely a divergent thinker....The following conjecture can be formed regarding inclination to video games: Higher Ne/Ti users will tend to enjoy RPG because it allows the user to explore multiple options/scenarios and logically solve quests(puzzles) whereas high Te/Ni users will tend to enjoy strategic games such as chess because it allows the user to predict future outcomes and procedurally plan an attack. Based on your descriptions, it seems that you definitely exhibit Fe in your stack (enjoy making people laugh and caring for family (*)....I don't see inferior Ti (**), so ENFJ could be ruled out as well as ISJ's-INJ's (lacking Fe). Thus, it's possible that you could be ESTJ (exhibit Fe/Ne).....however, inferior Fi entails that you often ignore emotional values such as family/relationships or tend to struggle in those areas...Your statements contradict this assertion, so ESTJ is an unlikely possibility. INFJ is a possibility due to inferior SE , which implies that you're are externally unaware of your environment at times (hence head in the clouds or losing items)....This issue could also be related to ADD (rare) or strong introversion (introspecting/deep analysis) or inferior Si or divergent thinking (day dreamer). Now inferior Si leads to inefficient organization of external environment into internal database causing one to lack the ability to transfer short term details into working memory. I do not see you as an introvert ( you are goofy, talking, enjoy people's company and debating politics, exc)....Thus, you are likely an extrovert (***). Further, rebelling is positively related to extroversion since it is an outward expression of energy. In fact, given that you're likely a divergent thinker and enjoy debating, it seems likely that you're an Ne user. High Se tends to be less likely considering the following statements: "head in the clouds" and "frequently losing items." Yet high Se is more likely considering that you enjoy fixing things. Now, by (**), ESFP can be ruled out. By (***), we are left with the following possibilities: ENTP, ESTP....If you happen to be introverted then it would be either INFJ, ISTP....but, ISTP's would be much less likely to outwardly express emotions...Hence, ISTP is unlikely by (*)...Since you likely intellectual stimulating debates, puzzles and science, I'd see Ti higher up in the stack, which would lead to ENTP...

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I wouldn't necessarily say intuitive types prefer movies over sensor's (although it could be true percentage wise, but it's difficult to pinpoint based on a smaller sample size)....My Mom (ESFP) and friend (ISFJ) really enjoy watching all types of movies, especially after a hard day of work to relax. My younger brother (INFJ) really enjoyed watching series such as Dexter and Lost. I have noticed, however, that intuitives may be drawn to certain series, in which they try to predict the plot....Sensor's would enjoy movies for the comfort whereas intuitives would enjoy it for the theme/plot. My older brother (ENTP) enjoys watching sci fi movies such as Star Wars and Star Trek...If I had to make a conjecture, I'd say types with higher Se or Ne will tend to be drawn to Sci Fi/fantasy based movies whereas Sj types would enjoy true stories....Ni types would be more drawn to movie series where they can predict the outcome for the following seasons. Also, feelers would be drawn to "love stories" whereas thinkers would be drawn to "crime/detective" based movies as one instance. Generalizations are mainly based on patterns, so it may be true that the percentage of intuitives watching movies per lifetime exceeds that of sensor's, but there always exists exceptions and many overlaps between personality types. For instance, since you are an INFJ, it will follow that you exhibit the following stack: Ni > Fe > Ti > Se.....Now, suppose you marginally favor Ni over Si....Then the degree of inferiority of Se is quite small relative to the case if you favored Ni exceedingly over Si....Thus, the typical traits you possess that are associated with typical INFJ behavior will be less expressed.....you will most likely have some degree of overlap with different types, hence, it will be more difficult to associate type based on behavioral traits.

Yeah the correlation with movies is probably pretty weak. I think most everyone watches movies don't they? But actors are usually Ns (maybe 80% or more of the time?)