• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type help, pwetty pwease?

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heya! I'm not entirely sure of my type and it's driving me just a little batty. I'd really appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, or help you might be able to offer, with many thanks in advance, of course.

So, about me... I spend way too much time in my head, brooding over life, self assessment, analyzing situations after they've occurred if I felt I did or said something wrong (this will gnaw at my conscience for hours, possibly a few days), trying to solve life's many questions ...

My in person conversational skills are rather lacking. Often I don't know what to say, but occasionally I do come up with some snappy remarks - much to everyone's surprise. I prefer to be direct and to the point when talking and do like for others to keep what they want to say short and simple too.

I love brainstorming goofy ideas for projects with those I'm closest with, but am not good at following through to bring the projects to realization. I'd rather keep coming up with ideas and let someone else do all the grunt work of bringing my ideas to life.

Outwardly, I can come off as aloof, cautious, or cold, but inside I'm warm, gentle, caring, silly, fun-loving, somewhat adventurous...I enjoy getting out of the house and my internal rut to explore odd, unique, entertaining things in the area (Atlas Obscura is <3), attend events, find second hand bookshops and antique stores to patronize, and so on.

I prize individuality, uniqueness, weirdness in everything and don't enjoy boring conventionality and the whole "togetherness" thing (my SFJ dad, growing up, would get fussy about all of us having to do everything together because we're a family. D: It was almost always things I didn't want to do, either...)

As a kid, I loved writing stories, reading fantasy and classic stories, going exploring in the nearby woods, watching TV and movies, hanging out with the few close friends I had. These days I spend time with my cat, who's probably my best friend (animals and nature are an important part of my life), listening to music (from medieval/renaissance/folk/neofolk, from classical up to the mid 2000s - 1910-30s and 80s and 90s goth, punk being my favorites), watching artsy/surreal fantasy movies/reading when my shortening attention span allows it, taking amateur photos and videos, creating things in the kitchen.

I'm not sure if this is enough information to go on, but that's what I have for now. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Thanks so much!

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You sound very much like you're on the Ne/ Si axis with a preference for Ne. The love of coming up with ideas yet poor follow through is textbook Ne. I also feel like you may very well be Si last.

Part of me is leaning to xNTP instead of xNFP. Not really sure why.

Though Ne doms aren't as direct and to the point as you say you are. This makes me thing you're probably actually Ne auxiliary.

I don't really have much more time to think deeper. My baseline gut says INTP, but sometimes ENTPs can seem rather introverted in comparison to other extroverts.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very interesting. Thanks, LucieCat! INTP and ENTP are both types I really admire, but I don't think I'm logically smart (as opposed to emotionally smart :p) enough to be either, haha.

To be honest, after falling into this black hole of identity confusion I've realized that I haven't been truly living as myself, but as a suppressed caricature of myself that would be somewhat more acceptable to a super traditional, controlling, conformist family, but resenting it all the while. I'm going to let go of that and see what appears. Perhaps I'll find my actual type then.

Thanks so much again!

tealight

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Honestly, you read off as ENFP to me. I definitely see Ne, some fi, and some te in what you wrote above, so I'd definitely recommend looking into that.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm leaning at some sort of inXp... could be that i look at folks through a personal lens, and i am projecting myself into your responses... care to describe how you interact with friends/family/stangers/coworkers?

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
FP seems more fitting. Thank you, tealight! (cute name, btw!)
[MENTION=29287]Obfuscate[/MENTION] I appreciate the help! How I interact with friends/family/strangers/coworkers...I don't? xD Just kidding. Kind of. :p With friends, I'm pretty open (I'm naturally a very private person, so pretty open might be around the 30-40% mark), am easygoing, not judgmental. I'll be there for them if they need me, but having to offer my shoulder as a place to cry is...awkward... and my advice-giving skills are poor. Also, I do try to make it to any gathering I commit to, but sometimes I really don't want to go and flake :/

With family I'm less open, although we can get pretty goofy, as I feel constantly judged (well, 3 out of 4 are judgers after all). All four push me to be more active and proactive about doing things and moving ahead in life. My ISFP brother is big into asking me to come over and help him with his video projects and I'll go a lot of the time, but the whole time I'm thinking, so you had me come over to stand behind your camera and press the record button twice? -_-

Strangers and coworkers are pretty much the same in my book, tbh. If they approach me, I'll be nice, but otherwise, I'm preoccupied with other things.

I have a type in mind, but wonder what you make of my attempted description of my interactions with others.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i didn't neglect to ask for motivations intentionally, but the lack therof drew my eye and fits your self description of being private... i think that all sounds very introverted... you mention that you are not judgemental... the next paragraph you mention that your family is; this seems significant... i had typed questions about it, but after taking a moment to watch a film (and getting distracted) i saw you had talked about it earlier in the thread...

you say up there that you don't feel smart enough to be an intp or entp... you also imply that you are quite supressed... intelligence and type aren't directly related.... mbti isn't an i.q. sorting hat...all mbti does is define preferences for a particular type of thinking...

i am going to stick with inXp, as of yet.... what do you think about (and feel) when something you are doing goes wrong? what do you think about when your family gives you a gift? what makes you angry? what makes you happiest?

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=29287]Obfuscate[/MENTION] My apologies for taking forever to reply! So many distractions >.<

you say up there that you don't feel smart enough to be an intp or entp... you also imply that you are quite supressed... intelligence and type aren't directly related.... mbti isn't an i.q. sorting hat...all mbti does is define preferences for a particular type of thinking...

I agree with this wholeheartedly - each type comes with their own kind of intelligence. Admittedly, Ti is one of those functions I don't understand well so I guess I was jumping the gun by ruling out intp and entp.

As for your questions, my reaction to things going wrong differ in degree depending on how badly things turned out and how important the thing was, but in general, my thinking is "nooooooo!" and my feeling is annoyance. I'd then quickly try to fix it, start over if possible, or find/make a close substitute.

Gifts are well intentioned and I appreciate that, but I don't like the clutter of having lots of stuff. I'm disorganized enough as it is, I don't need more things to deal with.

What makes me angry is...closed mindedness, rudeness, people who have no respect for life (human or animal) or the environment...whininess and clingy-ness don't make me angry but each irritate me. My mind is drawing a blank on what else there is. I know when I come across it, but trying to come up with what makes me angry out of the moment is harder. And when I get angry, it's not flames and laser beams angry, but just simmering under the surface angry.

What makes me happy...I like when friends or family show an interest in the things I enjoy, I love being silly with my siblings and bouncing weird/creative ideas with them, it's nice when I can do things that make other people/animals smile/feel happy, the sound of my cat purring, really well imagined stories/movies, getting to be myself, when something in the environment brings back some really nostalgic memories, feeling inspired/motivated, finding shops that don't sell the usual, boring mainstream sort of stuff, finding ways of escaping the mundane, beautiful old things (antiques, architecture, music, etc).

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you were thinking N over S?

Last edited:

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm a procrastinator... no worries on your delay...

as for why i am leaning n: well, it's not a super analytical reason as of yet, more of an impression... i was going to get around to asking more questions to better deciede that... i don't generally participate in "type me" threads, so i don't have a predetermined way of going about it... i just ask questions about what sticks out to me as significant or absent... i will say that being disorganized and spending significant periods analyzing the past loosely correlate with my impression... one could also say that the way i am going about reaching conclusions is typical for an intuitive (using a small number of data points to find a pattern)...

here is a metaphor: this is like a game of battleship... your personality type is like the ship i can't see... i guess random points that might correlate with it's position and see what i hit... each hit or miss gives me a better idea of where to guess next time... when i feel relatively certain, i'll let you know...

anyhow... hmmm, where was i going with this? doesn't matter... care to describe how you go about investigating something you don't know or understand?

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=29287]Obfuscate[/MENTION]

Thanks for the understanding :)

I like that metaphor. It makes sense.

When I don't know or understand something, I'll usually do some research. Reading books, devouring content off of multiple websites - I want information from every angle - then it's time to compare and contrast/analyze what I've gathered to hopefully come to a conclusion that is intelligible. If the topic is more complex, I tend to continuously research, analyze, and assimilate. If I absolutely can't come to a conclusion I'll ask around to see what other people think and see if any of it makes sense. It's important to me not to run off of biased information, or at least to find the least biased information.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
have you studied the functions yet?

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have and I'm thinking Fi dom with Te inferior. The question is, what are the middle two? When reading through the descriptions of the 8 functions, I relate most to Fi, Ne, Se and Ti, which doesn't make any sense. And then I get testing scores like this...

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (5%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods
Ti (Introverted Thinking) (30%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational
Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (70%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli
Ni (Introverted Intuition) (30%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity
Se (Extroverted Sensing) (65%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment
Si (Introverted Sensing) (30%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments
Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (50%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups
Fi (Introverted Feeling) (100%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - infp

But sometimes the Se comes out a tiny bit higher than Ne... :/

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
Those function tests can be misleading sometimes. I think you really come across as a high Ne user, which would make you an NP type. INFP sounds right.
In my experience NPs can often sniff out fellow NPs, lol.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=31860]wildmoon[/MENTION] You’re really on a roll today on these type me threads! Thanks for your time and for your thoughts. ^-^

I think you might be right. I’m reading personality hacker’s description of INFP and the whole “motivation” as INFP’s main challenge fits me to a T and seeing possibilities...Yeah.

Well, thank you everyone for your help! Looks like I’ve found my type :)

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
@LittleCat hehe I was bored and couldn't sleep! And I learn something from each thread I guess. No worries:) I'm glad you found your type!